Southtowns (and the Ralph) getting a s***load of snow

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When do you move it to? They don't have enough information to make that call yet, they've already said there would be some more information by tomorrow afternoon. If you need to plan, the safe plan is that the game time will be moved, and if it is not for some reason, it's still probably a very bad idea to try and travel in from out of town for the game.

all good points...should have worded announce postponement, not moving it.

Not so worried about the travel, seems to me easy to drive around the hardest hit area

Edited by plenzmd1

Sorry I disagree. They could easily say " the game will not be Sunday at 1, we are working on solutions for when the game can take place but it will not be at 1 on Sunday. Thank you"

I hear you man, totally. But this is the way the League is handling it, and as much as we'd all like to know exactly what is when and where, we won't until the decision-makers decide.

And there has to be a mind-boggling amount of logistics involved with postponing and/or moving an NFL game with only 3-4 days notice. Cancelling and planning travel for however many hundreds of people. Cancelling and rebooking hotel space for however many hundreds of people. Finding out what venues may be available and getting however many hundreds or thousands of people to work at that venue on a day they weren't expecting, right before a holiday.

Throw in the uncertainty of exactly how and when people can travel again in the Southtowns. How do they even get the team to the stadium, let alone the airport to fly out?

It's a project on a scale and time frame that would be enough to make me curl up in a ball under my desk and weep openly

I don't blame the League for not wanting to announce anything piecemeal.

I'm from out of town and what ever they decide is ok with me as long as the local residents needs are taken care of first, this should be the highest priority. Not one single person should suffer because of the need to play a football game. Keep safe everyone.

no one is

I'm from out of town and what ever they decide is ok with me as long as the local residents needs are taken care of first, this should be the highest priority. Not one single person should suffer because of the need to play a football game. Keep safe everyone.

I would be ok if Hackett suffered because of the snow and missed the game.

Not die kind of suffering (Have to explain myself for the nerds that cant handle a little negativity)

Hey Nucci,

Just to play devils advocate...could the equipment being used to clear the lots etc at the stadium be used to help the public instead?

Again, i understand that it is the Bills equipment, just wondering is all

I think they're helping indirectly by clearing the roads around the stadium.

I don't have an issue with the NFL waiting on announcing changes of the game time and/or location. If they said they were moving it, but didn't say where and when there'd be a ton of speculation and misinformation floating around. It would cause problems and make them look unorganized. Just think about all of the real and fabricated "leaks" being tweeted around. Everyone knows the game won't be played on Sunday at 1 pm in Orchard Park. Once their ducks are in a row we will all find out where and when. Just sit tight.

I'm in EA and have nowhere left to shovel the snow, I'm beaten. If this game is played at 1pm at RWS on Sunday, it will be nothing short of a miracle

I got plenty room for snow. Come on over with your shovel! We are getting hit again. Can't see across the street.

Sorry I disagree. They could easily say " the game will not be Sunday at 1, we are working on solutions for when the game can take place but it will not be at 1 on Sunday. Thank you"

Except that they may be trying to make that day/time happen, but in a different city. Not as easy as you say.

They're going to wait and see how everything plays out. How is that hampering any government efforts to provide essential services to citizenry? Some of you guys are being far too dramatic IMO.

Exactly. It is understandable that people are pushed to the limit... It has to play out.

When do you move it to? They don't have enough information to make that call yet, they've already said there would be some more information by tomorrow afternoon. If you need to plan, the safe plan is that the game time will be moved, and if it is not for some reason, it's still probably a very bad idea to try and travel in from out of town for the game.

It is very localized. There are ways to tack around the hardest hit areas. Yes, I understand where The Ralph is.

I think the NFL should dedicate December as Lake Effect Awareness Month, and allow teams to wear white accessories and white ribbons and trot out displaced people whose homes have collapsed.

"NO MORE. NO MORE 'WE DIDN'T HAVE OUR PLOWS READY'.

NO MORE 'THE FORECAST DIDN'T PREDICT THIS'.

NO MORE. NO MORE"

Edited by WotAGuy

Exactly. It is understandable that people are pushed to the limit... It has to play out.

It is very localized. There are ways to tack around the hardest hit areas. Yes, I understand where The Ralph is.

I'm about two miles east of the stadium. It's coming down in buckets again. Prepare for the game to be played on Monday, and probably not here. This is an obscene amount of snow, and while I suspect the stadium could be cleared for game time, I have no idea how they'll handle the parking lots and make it so a large volume of spectators can attend. I just don't see how the equipment would be available to make it possible with everything else that is going on here.