Southtowns (and the Ralph) getting a s***load of snow

They just said law enforcement would not be available for Sunday 1pm. Would they be available for Monday? Tuesday? lots of unknown facts yet, but I think we can safely assume it will not be Sunday at 1...

What they actually said is they won't commit to them being available at this juncture. That is subject to change, however.

@WGRZ

@markpoloncarz says he cannot commit emergency personnel at the Ralph for the #Bills game this Sunday. #BuffaloSnow

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalo Bills game on Sunday is "impractical"

Andrew Cuomo and local officials Thursday cast doubt on whether the Buffalo Bills game Sunday can be played, saying that emergency personnel cannot at this point be committed to the game as the area deals with more than seven feet of snow.

The Bills said Wednesday it was hopeful its 1 p.m. game Sunday against the New York Jets could be played, and the team is seeking workers to shovel out the stands—which was heavily hit by the storm.

But Cuomo said the snow, potential flooding and the strain on local emergency workers is making it increasingly difficult to commit to the game. State officials said that by the time the storm ends Friday, some areas in Buffalo could end up with more than seven feet of snow.

what is that building that collapsed they keep showing on the Press Conference?

I believe that was the latest collapse, a garage in Hamburg. Unfortunately, there will be more to come. This is just devastating. I almost feel guilty not getting anything in Amherst and unable to help! Correction...i do feel guilty! :cry:

They're going to wait and see how everything plays out. How is that hampering any government efforts to provide essential services to citizenry? Some of you guys are being far too dramatic IMO.

How exactly are some of us being too dramatic? Not being a jerk but are you sitting in 5 feet of snow? Drifts 8-10 feet? Explain what you mean by this. 8 people have died because of this storm. Is that being too dramatic?

How exactly are some of us being too dramatic? Not being a jerk but are you sitting in 5 feet of snow? Drifts 8-10 feet? Explain what you mean by this. 8 people have died because of this storm. Is that being too dramatic?

My impression was that the comment was directly related to the announcement of the Bills game and that only...

in 26 defense, i think he meant we were being to dramatic on the game not being cancelled or moved right now...and i get his point. I want them to make decision now, but i do understand the other side as well

I have lived through it on multiple occasions and my family lives in the Buffalo area. Don't act as if I don't get it. I'm saying anyone complaining about the NFL waiting to assess the situation before making a postponement call is being dramatic. Th NFL isn't hindering any efforts to combat this storm.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I believe that was the latest collapse, a garage in Hamburg. Unfortunately, there will be more to come. This is just devastating. I almost feel guilty not getting anything in Amherst and unable to help! Correction...i do feel guilty! :cry:

i get that...think every ex pat Buffalonian wants to be there to help..nothing we can do either

Yeah I agree. I lived in the area during the Blizzard of 77 and it took the better part of a week to dig out of that. Granted that covered the entire region, but drifts were really high and took National Guard to move the snow. Had the same issues, nowhere to put the snow. If the current snow does last into the late evening I do not see the travel ban lifted prior to Sat or Sun.

I have lived through it on multiple occasions and my family lives in the Buffalo area. Don't act as if I don't get it. I'm saying anyone complaining about the NFL waiting to assess the situation before making a postponement call is being dramatic. Th NFL isn't in the hindering any efforts to combat this storm.

Thanks for clarifying your statement. Sorry I'm a bit on edge. Been stuck in the house since Tuesday, supplies are running low and there isn't anywhere to go. My apologies.

Polancarz at the presser at noon: "I cannot commit any personnel that are usually at the games on game day, to be at the game on sunday, at this moment"

"If im the reason there isnt a game on sunday, im fine with that"

"there are more important issues going on here than a football game"