Southtowns (and the Ralph) getting a s***load of snow

Polancarz at the presser at noon: "I cannot commit any personnel that are usually at the games on game day, to be at the game on sunday, at this moment"

"If im the reason there isnt a game on sunday, im fine with that"

"there are more important issues going on here than a football game"

Fire Polancarz!

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people in the snow, stay warm and know that even here in Thailand people are thinking of you. It has even been on the news, thoughts and prayers. I have family there too, looks devastating, my last big storm was the after Christmas one in 2001. I decided then I wasn't going to Buffalo during the winter anymore but November, I may have tried. I was recently thinking of moving back...... now all of a sudden, not so much.

How exactly are some of us being too dramatic? Not being a jerk but are you sitting in 5 feet of snow? Drifts 8-10 feet? Explain what you mean by this. 8 people have died because of this storm. Is that being too dramatic?

This:

I know this is only a football game, and the first priority has got to be people that live in the Southtowns. WTF is the NFL thinking?

Is too dramatic. The NFL's being irresponsible by not digging out East Aurora?

This:

Is too dramatic. The NFL's being irresponsible by not digging out East Aurora?

No, but even just based on the presser, just move the damn game already. As I said, it has the possibility to take focus away...as evidenced by the fact most of the questions were directed towards the game...thats all i am saying.

Edited by plenzmd1

There's no evidence the NFL is forcing the issue of playing on Sunday. Seems to me they are waiting as long as possible to make a decision

I highly doubt the wheels aren't spinning at NFL HQ, looking into the various logistics of a new date or venue for the game. Just because the public isn't hearing anything doesn't mean things aren't happening.

No, but even just based on the presser, just move the damn game already. As I said, it has the possibility to take focus away...as evidenced by the most of the questions were directed to the game...thats all i am saying.

They may be waiting to ensure that the game could occur on Monday. Maybe they do not want to postpone twice? They could postpone now with a decision what day or where to play later...

jumbo looks good in that video

I thought so too. Very encouraging to see.

This whole thing is a nightmare. Personally, the game is the least of my concerns with the amount of friends and family affected.(Don't get me wrong, the game is still a concern :thumbsup:)

Edited by SmokinES3

They may be waiting to ensure that the game could occur on Monday. Maybe they do not want to postpone twice? They could postpone now with a decision what day or where to play later...

I dont have the answers, but i think the NFL could come out now and say"game is definitely not happening Sunday at 1, but situation is to fluid to give a concrete new date and venue."

Looks better for them, better for evryone in my mind

Except to figure out the plan so they can announce it all at once.

This. We're not going to get incremental updates from the NFL.

Makes sense to take the proper time to formulate contingency plans along with all of the corresponding logistics before making any league announcement about the game.

Except to figure out the plan so they can announce it all at once.

Sorry I disagree. They could easily say " the game will not be Sunday at 1, we are working on solutions for when the game can take place but it will not be at 1 on Sunday. Thank you"

No, but even just based on the presser, just move the damn game already. As I said, it has the possibility to take focus away...as evidenced by the fact most of the questions were directed towards the game...thats all i am saying.

When do you move it to? They don't have enough information to make that call yet, they've already said there would be some more information by tomorrow afternoon. If you need to plan, the safe plan is that the game time will be moved, and if it is not for some reason, it's still probably a very bad idea to try and travel in from out of town for the game.