Maybe the Bills are not So Bad After All

Casey D

New England pummels Indianapolis, Houston routes Cleveland on the road, and KC beats the world champion Seahawks. What does that teach us?

The Bills may not be that far off after all. The Bills have been competitive against teams that supposedly superior teams-- like Indy, Cleveland and Seattle-- have not done very well against. 5-5 against difficult competition, with few easy opponents, while not good enough is not horrible. Seems to me it shows the team is getting better, and may not be as far off as many think. Perhaps it is not the "same old Bills," but an improving team with a little ways to go. Certainly, directionally, good enough to stay the current path (with tweaks) and not "blow the thing up."

I think the next two weeks will illuminate this point. If the Bills can get to 7-5, who knows? Denver got beat bad the last two weeks, and New England may be playing for nothing as it looks right now. Lose one or both of the next two games, and maybe it is the same old Bills, but I'm willing to reserve judgment for now.

Edited by Casey D

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Kool-Aid for sale here kiddies!!!!

Sip at your own risk!

So easy to be dismissive. But if you are going to give management advice, you need to look at the situation carefully. So easy to be angry and say fire everyone. A little closer analysis is warranted.

So easy to be dismissive. But if you are going to give management advice, you need to look at the situation carefully. So easy to be angry and say fire everyone. A little closer analysis is warranted.

I'm with you man....just having fun because with a win on Sunday, we're all going to have a glass of blue kool aid in front of us.....kudos to you for glass half full attitude.

I'm with you man....just having fun because with a win on Sunday, we're all going to have a glass of blue kool aid in front of us.....kudos to you for glass half full attitude.

Cool. It is just that we think so many other teams are all that great, when they are not. I watch lots of supposedly good teams yesterday do the same stupid things that people here seem to think is the exclusive domain of the Bills. Every team that beat the Bills are .500 or better. It's not like the losses-- with the possible exception of Houston-- were bad teams. And wins against Detroit and Miami were quite good. And the Bills are in all the games, which is a far cry from 2 or 3 years ago when the games were over after one quarter.

We're out of the playoff picture and it's not even December.

We're bad.

Another knee-jerk post. And not even true.

If your sights are set low, support mediocre play, and you enjoy below average football. For the most part then their having an awesome season. very Bills like in fact.

i thought kool aid season is on hiatus until after game 16 their last of their season for 15 years in a row?

Sorry for the sarcasm but the Bills are bad. But approaching average. What the heck they are average right now.

New England pummels Indianapolis, Houston routes Cleveland on the road, and KC beats the world champion Seahawks. What does that teach us?

The Bills may not be that far off after all. The Bills have been competitive against teams that supposedly superior teams-- like Indy, Cleveland and Seattle-- have not done very well against. 5-5 against difficult competition, with few easy opponents, while not good enough is not horrible. Seems to me it shows the team is getting better, and may not be as far off as many think. Perhaps it is not the "same old Bills," but an improving team with a little ways to go. Certainly, directionally, good enough to stay the current path (with tweaks) and not "blow the thing up."

I think the next two weeks will illuminate this point. If the Bills can get to 7-5, who knows? Denver got beat bad the last two weeks, and New England may be playing for nothing as it looks right now. Lose one or both of the next two games, and maybe it is the same old Bills, but I'm willing to reserve judgment for now.

Dream a little dream.....

I am disappointed about our last two losses, but the OP's comments have some merit. The Bills are not a great team. We can all agree on that. The Bills are not a bad team. Some of us can agree on that, some of us perhaps not. Are they a good team? I don't know, but probably not. Are they an average team? Yes. They have a very good defense, a poor offense and OK special teams. That adds up to average, middle of the pack, 8-8, etc. And guess what? We are 5-5 right now. We SHOULD beat the Jests at home, Cleveland at home and Oakland on the road, and lose to Denver, Green Bay and New England. Where does that leave us? 8-8, average, middle of the pack. That said, the "any given Sunday" theme applies and perhaps we lose one of the games we are supposed to win and win one of the games we are supposed to lose. Where does that leave us? 8-8. Could we be better than this with better coaching (maybe) or better QB play (definitely), but in the immortal words of Dennis Green - "We are who we thought we were!"

I think we're close to being a decent team. If we could only score points in the red zone.

We beat 2 teams with winning records and all 5 of our losses have been to teams .500 or better.

I looked back and compared our games decided by a 7 points or less. In the Coach Gailey era we were 9 -12 (.428). This year we're 3-2 (.600). That's improvement. Better at the mental toughness don't give up thing, until we gave up Thursday night.

I read on here often that all you really need to win in the NFL is a "franchise QB". I made the comment last night that the great Suck for Luck and the Colts in a division with Houston, Jax, and Tennessee have managed 1 more win this year than EJ/Kyle. That one win does makes a big difference for sure.

That said, I think the OP is right. I don't think the team is all that bad, but unfortunately at least at this point, still not good enough.

Major changes need to be made on the offensive side to get over the hump.

Edited by reddogblitz

I ran with the hand-held camera guy on the Denver sidelines in St. Louis yesterday.....I wanted to see Peyton Manning up close, and I was up close. I could see the scar on his neck. But what I didn't see coming was the pasting put on the Broncos by the Rams. Which makes me believe that anything is possible. I'd like to believe the Bills can come back and win a bunch of games. They blew the Kansas City game. They could have beaten the Dolphins. No game is easy.

I'm going to be in Denver for the Bills game. I am hoping it means something. If we beat the Jets and the Browns, we will be 7-5 and the game will mean something.

I feel bad that we have a super bowl caliber defense and a top 5 of the draft offense......

Do something about it please Mr. Pegula

I think Pegula will do whatever is necessary. He already overpaid for this team. Why not spend money on players and coaches?