Is It Time To Start EJ, Again?

Peace Frog

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but Marrone said in the presser that Orton is the starter and bringing EJ in has never entered his mind. However, he said the exact same thing immediately after the Houston game and still made the switch two days later.

So we will see...but its time to put EJ back in. All talk has been about how much better EJ has been looking in practice...so see if he learned anything and let the kid play. We don't have anything to lose at this point. He has the tools, just needs to play with more confidence and take more chances and even said so himself after his benching.

NO!

if the kid's got even the slightest chance of turning his game around, Yogi and Boo-Boo will give him little to work with.

in the last two games Orton has been playing as EJ did before being benched, and i don't think it's a coincidence.

let Kyle finish the year, and he and Manuel can return next season with an new coaching staff

Yes but Marrone said in the presser that Orton is the starter and bringing EJ in has never entered his mind. However, he said the exact same thing immediately after the Houston game and still made the switch two days later.

he also said he never thought about going for it on fourth down during the chiefs game. this begs the question, exactly what is going on in his mind during the game?

Heck yeah. Orton showed he's still Orton....AND he has a player option for next year. Time to give EJ one last chance and let him close out the season. Good or bad, draft a QB in the second and hope a care taker EJ or Orton can keep this team entertaining enough for the first half of next year...assuming EJ is still EJ.

I really would like to hear a good defense for continuing on with Orton. He has been terrible. The Bills offense has stagnated to a terrible level these last 2 games and Orton shoulders much of the blame. His accuracy and decision making have been terrible.

As I said when ej was benched... We know what Orton is mediocre to poor. We still don't know what we have with ej. Orton has led the team to point outputs of 9, 13, 43, 17, 22, and 17. That is terrible and I just can't believe that ej could not have led the Bills to at least as many points.

Not just EJ. Also start Kujo for Pears, and give Gragg the bulk of Chandler's playing time. And just cut Mike Williams already. This is the time of the season where it's like extended preseason -- let all the young guys play and I guarantee you we'll find 2 or 3 keepers in the bunch. No reason to play guys who won't be back next year.

Not just EJ. Also start Kujo for Pears, and give Gragg the bulk of Chandler's playing time. And just cut Mike Williams already. This is the time of the season where it's like extended preseason -- let all the young guys play and I guarantee you we'll find 2 or 3 keepers in the bunch. No reason to play guys who won't be back next year.

Gragg is actually really intriguing to me

Yes, we should bring back EJ because I've totally forgotten how badly he sucked earlier in the season. And, he could really benefit from the experience of losing games. What a great morale boost it would be for the rest of the team. The defense could get some extra time on the field. The receivers could improve their proprioception by not knowing where the ball was going to land. From here on in, we should play to lose.

(edit: this is, of course, sarcasm.)

Edited by Rocky Landing

I like your train of thought - we need to see what we have in Kujo, for example