Is It Time To Start EJ, Again?

Peace Frog

I'm all for putting EJ back in, simply because the offense is producing the same (if not worse) in terms of scoring points. Yes.. EJ struggled and at times the offense looked terrible, Orton does a better job of making the offense look like a "Profesional" offense but do to the fact that he can't run the ball even a little the red zone offense is actually worse with him in the game... The common denominator is whomever is calling plays and designing the game plan.

Long story long... let's not get down on them too much... While highly unlikely we can still finish 11-5. I say put EJ in simply because the threat of the QB running (even tho EJ doesn't do it enough) will keep the defense somewhat honest.

Optimism not pessimism (but I don't blame any Bills fan for not believing)

Edited by Lawren87

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he also said he never thought about going for it on fourth down during the chiefs game. this begs the question, exactly what is going on in his mind during the game?

Exactly... I was saying the same thing on that last play as the announcers were questioning whether Orton had the arm strength to reach the end zone.

EJ was 2-2. Orton was 3-3.

QB's were just as consistent as their terrible HC, OC, and game plan.

You guys were excited when EJ was playing smart football and we were 2-0. Orton had everyone pumped up at 5-3. Two games above .500, then the team outcoaches themselves.

Twice in a season, folks.

After seeing Orton suck the last two weeks, Why the hell not?

Because He's not even close to an NFL level QB. The one thing I was happy to see was this team pulling the plug on a QB for once when it was becoming very clear that he's not very good, unlike the eternal suffering we experienced with Lostman, Cap'n checkdown, and fitztragic.

Because He's not even close to an NFL level QB. The one thing I was happy to see was this team pulling the plug on a QB for once when it was becoming very clear that he's not very good, unlike the eternal suffering we experienced with Lostman, Cap'n checkdown, and fitztragic.

Yet.

As we've seen with Tannehill, development might take a couple years.

Orton is better than EJ at the moment, but we're out of the playoff hunt basically. So why not play EJ and see if he can develop?

We're not making the playoffs. Why not get him some more experience?

The fact of the matter is it just doesn't matter. This season is over, and neither EJ or Orton will have a thing to do with this team if and when we are ever good again.

Throw EJ in, what the hell.

From Marrone's perspective, if he has any chance to save his job, he won't go back to EJ, not a chance.

Orton is still the "better" QB on the Bills. That's not saying much, but he gives them a better chance to win than EJ does and if Marrone is fighting for his job, that's who he'll stick with.

We got rid of Lewis going 500 after last year. 5 million to go 500 bring back EJ and let's find out what he's got from sitting on bench.

Lewis was let go for coming into camp and playing terribly, not because of his W-L record as a starter.