Is It Time To Start EJ, Again?

Peace Frog

Even if the current administration stuck with the original plan of starting Kevin Kolb last season (barring injury, of course) until EJ was ready, we'd probably be in the same boat we are now. Bottom line: we need a bona fide QB & HC. Kinda like Brady & Belichick, Brees & Payton, etc.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should still play Orton but with EJ early playbook, except the read option obviously. Go back to being a running team and let Orton show his accuracy on play action. Don't give things that an average QB like Orton can't handle.

Orton's average yards per completion by game:

Detroit: 7.16

NE: 7.87

Min: 6.58

Jets: 14.0

KC: 5.4

Mia: 4.95

Jets game aside, the numbers are in steady decline. Irony is that he's now getting sacked less (only 3 sacks in last 2 games compared to 10 in the previous two games) and the offensive line is playing better, yet this offense as a whole is getting worse. Only on planet Buffalo does such a freaking thing happen.

Edited by bobobonators

Jets game aside, the numbers are in steady decline. Irony is that he's now getting sacked less (only 3 sacks in last 2 games compared to 10 in the previous two games) and the offensive line is playing better, yet this offense as a whole is getting worse. Only on planet Buffalo does such a freaking thing happen.

it took him awhile to absorb Hackett's system - but soon he'll be firing on zero cylinders!

it took him awhile to absorb Hackett's system - but soon he'll be firing on zero cylinders!

I don't have words. Further ridiculousness, just look at how EJ's numbers regressed too as the season went on:

Chicago: 7.86

Miami: 7.77

SD: 6.10

Hou: 5.11

It's almost as if Hackett can't adjust to teams adjusting to us - so it just keeps getting worse as the season goes on.

Even if he does miss twice as many people & throws for 100 yards less per game …

Brilliant put me in coach !!

How come EJ gets all the flack for struggling yet Orton seems to get a pass because of Hackett, the OL, WR drops, horrible TEs, etc. EJ had to work with all those things as well and did it with a small amount of experience to fall back on. Hell, he had a worse OL as he didn't have Urbik in there and Henderson was a completely raw rookie who at least now has a half a season's worth of experience.

It's hilarious how people have all kinds of patience for Orton's struggles yet they have none for EJ. This is completely backwards. I have a whole hell of a lot more patience for the young QB learning on the job than for the vet.

And who the hell cares about passing yards, I care about points. And with the exception of the 6 turnover aided Jets' game Orton leading the offense isn't putting up more points than the O led by EJ. Right now I don't mind EJ learning from the sidelines but unless there is a drastic change in the coming weeks from this offense I see no reason not to put him back in later in the year.

How come EJ gets all the flack for struggling yet Orton seems to get a pass because of Hackett, the OL, WR drops, horrible TEs, etc. EJ had to work with all those things as well and did it with a small amount of experience to fall back on. Hell, he had a worse OL as he didn't have Urbik in there and Henderson was a completely raw rookie who at least now has a half a season's worth of experience.

It's hilarious how people have all kinds of patience for Orton's struggles yet they have none for EJ. This is completely backwards. I have a whole hell of a lot more patience for the young QB learning on the job than for the vet.

And who the hell cares about passing yards, I care about points. And with the exception of the 6 turnover aided Jets' game Orton leading the offense isn't putting up more points than the O led by EJ. Right now I don't mind EJ learning from the sidelines but unless there is a drastic change in the coming weeks from this offense I see no reason not to put him back in later in the year.

This is the same with the CJ vs Brown debate... quick to jump on CJ, but have so much patience for Brown.

Agreed. Except I want EJ to start the next game. I've seen enough of Orton. Let EJ get some time in winnable games. He gives us the same chance to win as Orton.

I don't have words. Further ridiculousness, just look at how EJ's numbers regressed too as the season went on:

Chicago: 7.86

Miami: 7.77

SD: 6.10

Hou: 5.11

It's almost as if Hackett can't adjust to teams adjusting to us - so it just keeps getting worse as the season goes on.

yep.. it's why i'd prefer him working offline with his position coach while the veteran does what he can with this offense. i caught hell for my opinion that EJ was 'soft' - as in, 'not up to the challenge' - but if he's now determined to win or lose 'his way', i'm good with him getting on the field.. just concerned he'll get little help from Yogi and Boo-Boo. as a matter of fact, i'm starting to rethink that 'soft' opinion.. i'm starting to think Yogi wanted a playmaking QB, because he and Boo-Boo's gameplans only take us past our first few series. my apologies to Mr Manuel.

I like many of you, agree with the incompetence of our current coaching staff. However personally I'm still an EJ fan. (Prematurely invested in a jersey). I still believe EJ has huge potential in this league. I look at him as a McNabb or Culpepper project. That being said, I don't want this staff to play a part in his development. I say we keep him on the bench to protect him from our atrocious offensive coaching.

I like many of you, agree with the incompetence of our current coaching staff. However personally I'm still an EJ fan. (Prematurely invested in a jersey). I still believe EJ has huge potential in this league. I look at him as a McNabb or Culpepper project. That being said, I don't want this staff to play a part in his development. I say we keep him on the bench to protect him from our atrocious offensive coaching.

And he's still losing UGLY.

therefore all the passing yards people love to brag about do not mean ****

I'd start Manuel in the two "easy" games, Jests and Raiders, to give him a little more experience anyway. Let Orton play the others.

once Orton hits the bench the only time he returns is by injury.

Just wait til he gets on the same page as his receivers!

Marrone really **** the bed on this one. When he made the switch people were thrilled, but to me it was putting Holcomb in for Losman. You really weren't solving anything and now we know less about the guy you drafted to be your QB.

Orton has been terrible the last two weeks. I'm not advocating for the switch just year. Maybe with a long break Orton can get us back into the conversation. But if he continues this no TD thing he's been doing, Marrone needs to make a switch. Otherwise he is just going to go down with the ship and some new coach will be attempting to develop EJ

I actually still do believe in ej. Maybe its because I'm $130 invested in a jersey but still. I look at him as a mcNabb/Culpepper project qb. However... I don't want this pitiful offensive coaching staff to have any further part in his developement. As a fan, I want him on the bench so he doesn't regress the way we watched JP regress under Jaron/Fairchild in 07.