Is the NFL rigged??

Nasty

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walt Coleman. That should be all I have to say for anyone paying attention. This guy's crew simply screws the Bills. The bad ball placement, the ridiculous PI, are completely consistent with this referee's behavior, going back to the time when Ralph Wilson tried to get the league not to assign him to any more Bills games. Coleman was the ref for the infamous "Just give it to 'em" game against the Pats, where Bledsoe (yes it goes back this far) led completed a pass at least two yards short of a first down on a critical drive, and they moved the ball ahead so they could win.

Coleman could not be a difference maker if the Bills were a complete team, but they have gaping holes in a couple of spots, and it killed them last night. Wasting this defense (although I think this was Schwartz's weakest game) due to a pop-gun offense behind a rag tag O line, is an insult. Kiss Jerry Hughes goodbye. He can get a boatload of money AND play for a contender next year.

Don't forget the hail mary pass interference call that followed placing the ball at the Bills 1. And I'll continue to hold Wade in high esteem for taking his team to the locker room in protest after NE scored the gift TD to win the game. The only extra point play I've seen in NFL history where there was no defense on the field. I remember the pricks had the stones to go for two there!

If the NFL is fixed, then the Browns win the Super Bowl this season. Exactly 50 years ago the Browns won their last championship. No other major Cleveland sports team has won one since. (Sorry Crunch, that single indoor soccer championship doesn't count.) Now they are QBed by native Clevelander Brian Hoyer. It couldn't be teed up better for drama and heartwarming stories. The Jerome Bettis going home to Detroit to win a Super Bowl in his last game before retiring would pale in comparison. As a native Clevelander I hope this happens.

its obviously rigged. From the bledsoe "just give it to him" game to the PI last night. Its not an organized on paper thing. More like an unsaid rule. Every other game we lose or nearly lose is because of these calls swinging the game. They are no different than turnovers and greatly affect outcomes. How many flags have the refs picked up on us this year? How many drives of ours stalled but we get a bogus call on third to to help us out? How about that head pat the other day? how about the unsportsmanlike last night? There are 3-4 in a game sometimes!

im tired of feeling like we have to beat the refs...or being more mad at the refs than i am at hackett

I think the refs know that whenever they can call something marginal on a crap team to go ahead and do it. I think when there are 2 crap teams, they huddle and say..."now which of these crap teams are we supposed to help again?" and the head ref says," i think buffalos looking pretty good this year so lets pick up that flag we threw on the other guy"

They never seem to call these penalties on the niners, pats, broncos or colts etc

Edited by enlightener

Yes it's rigged. It's funny you asked because I put up this post on FB and will share it here.

Under the "leadership" of Roger Goodell the NFL has become almost unbearable to watch. I'm beyond frustrated. The game is fixed. It's become like real life where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. He has his 5 or 6 darling teams and sees to it they win. Over the years he has taken the fun away from the game by penalizing celebrations. Whether it be a TD or any other big play, such as a sack or anything else. He has made a mockery out of the rule book to the point where I don't know what a catch is anymore. It's okay for the ball to hit the ground as long as you maintain control but who decides if they maintained control in the first place? I've seen it called both ways. He has way too many gray areas in his rules that help him and his cronies fix the game that I love. Pass interference has become a call you can call whenever you want. It's sickening. He also destroyed evidence against the Patriots. What was the point of that? What is he hiding? When is a hit a clean hit? I've seen that called whatever way they want it. Thursday Night Football is a disaster. He doesn't give a !@#$ because it brings great ratings, but it sucks. You're selling your fans a tainted product on those days. You say you care about the health of your players yet you don't give them sufficient time to heal and rest for the next game. Now he wants a team in London. What a joke. $&@* you, Roger. Nobody likes you. That's why you get booed every draft on every pick you announce. I hope your plane crashes, $&@#%. Rant over.

i don't think it's rigged, but officials tilt games every weekend. bills-pats, two non-exstent offensive penalties on a critical drive late in the game with the Bills still in it (I long for the days when we were still in it). pats take over at the 10, facing 3rd and long, brady completes to edleman and the replay shows him pushing off the defender, offical in the screen shot. hughes unsportsmanlike conduct call for hitting his own player, 15 biggies. draws the flag last night for bumping the official while apparently jawing with the fins player--and that's fine, except when in context with tamba hali lifting lee smith out of his shorts, and hogan getting popped 3 yards out of bounds, you really have to wonder what the rule is looking to accomplish. the pass int call last night was huge--a game changing, momentum changing play that Simms correctly called the officials out on. The grounding call--I'd bet that call is made 50% of the time, against teams like Oakland, the Jags and the Bills, and not called the other 50% of the time, with teams like NE, Denver, Green Bay and NO.

the entire world knew and understood that seattle was playing very aggressive football last year and pretty much daring the officials to flag them, yet more often than not, they were not flagged and it paid off. that's fine...but it's certainly does not refelct positively on the quality of officiating when other teams in other games were called closer to the letter of the law.

when you're good enough to win, the sliding scale of quality officiating is irrelevant until it jabs you in the eye at a critical point in the game or season. it's why the nfl comes out on certain plays and acknowledges a mistake was made. it doesn't change the fact with all the money dumped into the g-d league, all the money changing hands day-in, day-out, that they can't get this critical part of the game fixed. i understand the game involves large guys running at high speed and crashing into one and other and it's not an easy job--but they are not getting paid minimum wage to flip burgers at the local Henry's Hamburgers.

I think any discussion that starts with "the officiating is bad, but _______" is a waste of time. fix the problem. put consistency back in the mix.

then again, i'm sure Walt Coleman was a great official back when Ike was in office.

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

Not sure if you ever watch WWE, personally not my style, but millions did and do, why? They know

that is rigged to, same thing with dancing with the stars and Idol. You watch for the entertainment

value. Sadly that is all the NFL currently is, entertainment, and somewhat, or maybe even outright

scripted entertainment. Why that is so hard to believe, at least for some of us, really is beyond me.

I think that most people feel it, smell, and are very conscious if it, but just don't want to admit that

this goes on. You know the old adage if it smells like dog crap and tastes like dog crap, then trust

your senses, it is dog crap!

For the NFL to be "rigged" on the same level as the WWE the players would have to be in on it too.

Edited by Pondslider

For the NFL to be "rigged" on the same level as the WWE the players would have to be in on it too.

Not true at all. The officials have the power to dictate how the games go. Too many gray areas in the rules gives the refs everything they need to fix the outcome on their own.

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT op!! And the mob, bookies, and owners are in on it!! We were 5.5 underdogs. Get the !@#$ out of here with that bull ****. They have two major injuries and we still lose. We bust the dolphins ass in the first game and now we lose by more than 5.5? Complete bull ****!!

It's scripted! Here's two examples! How the !@#$ did the ravens win the year before? Oh cause Ray Lewis was retiring? Here's the REAL one. Katrina hits and the saints win the superbowl!! I don't know when our number will be called again, but it'll be set up for us to win!!

We had a dusting of snow in Buffalo yesterday. Is that enough to get us a sympathy Super Bowl win?

It is a subliminal mindset that the NFL officials and refs have with the Buffalo Bills. They been out of meaningful play so long, that they refuse to believe that the Bills can make plays. That is why they always pick against the Bills, close calls seem to go in the opponents direction. The refs see the Gilmore play and assume Pass Interference cause the Bills suck.

On almost every offensive play that Miami had I could see someone grabbing a Bills jersey, how many holding calls did Miami get???? :death:

Take out those 2 bad calls last night, Does Buffalo win? Nope

Keep being distracted by silly issues such as this. Your focus should be on how your team is put together and how your stadium is a dump. For such a good, loyal fanbase you deserve better.

:thumbsup:

For those saying the league has some favorite teams, do any of you think it's because of the coaches on the sidelines? lets be honest,a coach like Marrone, Jauron, and any other recent coaches don't give off a strong personality to the officials, so they have nothing to fear. Do officials want to cross a BB, John Fox, Pete Carroll, Sean Payton, Harbaughs etc? Not really, so those flags may or may not be thrown for that.

But on the other note if the Bills could score a )(*()*@_##&()(# touchdown once in awhile, this wouldn't be an issue.