New OC

RyanC883

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The play calling was great I thought. The redbone especially. There were 5-6 touchdowns left out there because the players didn't execute. That includes the brown fumble

without film study I would have tried to run it in at the 2. But there's a reason they haven't allowed a rushing TD all season so the coaches likely thought throwing it was more effective after studying the film and if Orton had been on target, it would have worked. He also had Sammy open in the endzone at the end of the game and woods on another play. Also chiefs have one of best pass D in league and had great coverage schemes.

Unless he's in the last year oif his contract which is unlikely since he was just named OC this season, he's not likely going anywhere unless it's as a promotion to HC.

So how exactly is Reich much different than Marrone was other than he was the QB for the Comeback game?? He's a hot candidate, like Marrone was, had one year of success as the OC with Phillip Rivers as QB and had a couple years of success as QB coach prior. I agree he likely will become one of the next bunch of coordinators promoted to HC, but to me it's no stronger of a higher than Marrone was two seasons back with just as much likelyhood for sucess or failure. The only difference is Reich is unknown and no one likes Marrone.

I think Frank Reich will probably be on the short list for head coaches this offseason

Unless he's in the last year oif his contract which is unlikely since he was just named OC this season, he's not likely going anywhere unless it's as a promotion to HC.

So how exactly is Reich much different than Marrone was other than he was the QB for the Comeback game?? He's a hot candidate, like Marrone was, had one year of success as the OC with Phillip Rivers as QB and had a couple years of success as QB coach prior. I agree he likely will become one of the next bunch of coordinators promoted to HC, but to me it's no stronger of a higher than Marrone was two seasons back with just as much likelyhood for sucess or failure. The only difference is Reich is unknown and no one likes Marrone.

none of that matters. Reich is on the very short list of Coordinators that are expected to be HCs. If it's not this year, it'll happen next year.

Hire Bill Cowher as HC and let him hire assistants. If he does one thing well, it is hiring Coordinators.

Assistant coaches under Bill Cowher that became Head Coaches in the NFL:

Dom Capers: Carolina Panthers, Houston Texans

Chan Gailey: Dallas Cowboys, Buffalo Bills

Jim Haslett: New Orleans Saints, St. Louis Rams

Mike Mularkey: Buffalo Bills, Jacksonville Jaguars

Ken Whisenhunt: Arizona Cardinals, Tennessee Titans

Dick LeBeau: Cincinnati Bengals

Marvin Lewis: Cincinnati Bengals

Bruce Arians: Arizona Cardinals

Hire Bill Cowher as HC and let him hire assistants. If he does one thing well, it is hiring Coordinators.

please no to Cowher. He's been done for years. Probably wouldn't even know what to do out on the sideline anymore.

I don't know names but I want two OC's brought in. One guy handles the calls the other guy watches what's working. I know the HC is supposed to do one and a quality control coach is supposed to watch the play effectiveness but I want two OC's.

The first

- good at traditional play calling. Runs I formations, WingT, etc. Formations we ran in our pee wee years. These formations simply work.

- I want him eager to throw a curve ball but quick to throw a fastball. A naked QB boot on 2nd and 10 then a bomb on 3rd and 2. A long pass on first and 10 from our own 3 and then the same on the next play after picking up the first.

- I want him to put a blocking scheme that puts pur guys on the guy closest to them and find an OG who can pull, sweep and get to a second level.

The other guy I want would be like Steve Spurrier.

Just wants to open up chaos. Watkins all over the field, Spiller all over the field. I want it utter chaos

I don't know names but I want two OC's brought in. One guy handles the calls the other guy watches what's working. I know the HC is supposed to do one and a quality control coach is supposed to watch the play effectiveness but I want two OC's.

The first

- good at traditional play calling. Runs I formations, WingT, etc. Formations we ran in our pee wee years. These formations simply work.

- I want him eager to throw a curve ball but quick to throw a fastball. A naked QB boot on 2nd and 10 then a bomb on 3rd and 2. A long pass on first and 10 from our own 3 and then the same on the next play after picking up the first.

- I want him to put a blocking scheme that puts pur guys on the guy closest to them and find an OG who can pull, sweep and get to a second level.

The other guy I want would be like Steve Spurrier.

Just wants to open up chaos. Watkins all over the field, Spiller all over the field. I want it utter chaos

please no to Cowher. He's been done for years. Probably wouldn't even know what to do out on the sideline anymore.

lateral move would be good for Frank? I doubt that. He's much better off with Phillip Rivers as his QB and the Chargers no matter what.

If your saying it's beneficial to us... Sure it is. But wouldn't happen.

I'm saying if he is as competent as everyone thinks and marrone still loses games he could find himself in a head coaching job if he doesn't this off season.

If Nate Hackett is fired, which is the overwhelming consensus on this board, who is a realistic replacement at OC?

I'm asking because I do not know enough about potential available coaches. One name that comes to mind is Lane Kiffin. But there may be other college OC's who have NFL experience? Would Frank Reich come here from SD. Is he an upgrade?

The bloom is off the rose in NO, throw a boatload of money at Payton this off season.

The bloom is off the rose in NO, throw a boatload of money at Payton this off season.

because they are 4-5 this year? Imagine Bills fans reaction to Payton being 4-5 here in Buffalo. He has Brees and is below .500, we have Orton and are above. Many predicted great things for the Saints this year, it still may happen, but doesn't look good so far.

In normal situation, I think Marrone is here next year and there is a good chance the team will continue to improve. However, we miss the playoffs and Pegula may be a bit paranoid after the Sabres fiasco and make some changes. The fact the he seems to have long planned on trying to purchase the Bills when the time came leads me to believe that he has a management plan in place right now.