New OC

RyanC883

If Nate Hackett is fired, which is the overwhelming consensus on this board, who is a realistic replacement at OC?

I'm asking because I do not know enough about potential available coaches. One name that comes to mind is Lane Kiffin. But there may be other college OC's who have NFL experience? Would Frank Reich come here from SD. Is he an upgrade?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

probably correct

Agreed. I find it a little sad too. I actually think Marrone could do ok if he turned over the O like he has with the D and became a manager/inspiration type a la Tommy Lasorda albeit with a different personality. He is simply running a step behind with the offense at all times do to a combination of thin skin and smarter coaches on the other side of the field.

Agreed. I find it a little sad too. I actually think Marrone could do ok if he turned over the O like he has with the D and became a manager/inspiration type a la Tommy Lasorda albeit with a different personality. He is simply running a step behind with the offense at all times do to a combination of thin skin and smarter coaches on the other side of the field.

in general I understand this statement, however I feel that things have been getting better. The loss to the Chiefs is a good example. Usually Marrone is conservative as all hell. This week he went for the TD instead of going for the FG like he would usually do. They passed it quite a bit in the red zone because they can't rely on their running game. Orton missed Chandler, Woods, Hogan, and Sammy multiple times in the last few drives in the red zone and the play calls were there it's just Orton didn't capitalize. Hackett called the right game on Sunday IMO. The execution just wasn't there.

in general I understand this statement, however I feel that things have been getting better. The loss to the Chiefs is a good example. Usually Marrone is conservative as all hell. This week he went for the TD instead of going for the FG like he would usually do. They passed it quite a bit in the red zone because they can't rely on their running game. Orton missed Chandler, Woods, Hogan, and Sammy multiple times in the last few drives in the red zone and the play calls were there it's just Orton didn't capitalize. Hackett called the right game on Sunday IMO. The execution just wasn't there.

Except this was not teh case Sunday. They were running the ball with the most success they had almost all year. They just got away from it. {Shrugs}

Probably. Although a lateral move might be good if the head coaching doesn't improve.

lateral move would be good for Frank? I doubt that. He's much better off with Phillip Rivers as his QB and the Chargers no matter what.

If your saying it's beneficial to us... Sure it is. But wouldn't happen.

Except this was not teh case Sunday. They were running the ball with the most success they had almost all year. They just got away from it. {Shrugs}

first of all. They haven't been able to rely on it all year. Second, they apparently couldn't count in their running game because they have up a TD because of a Bryce Brown fumble. Third, just because they were having their best running game of the year, doesn't mean it was that good. It still wasn't great

first of all. They haven't been able to rely on it all year. Second, they apparently couldn't count in their running game because they have up a TD because of a Bryce Brown fumble. Third, just because they were having their best running game of the year, doesn't mean it was that good. It still wasn't great

I'll add a little to that. They were having success between the 20's. That doesn't necessarily mean they were/would have had success inside of the 20. KC, still the only team to not give up a running TD.

I'll add a little to that. They were having success between the 20's. That doesn't necessarily mean they were/would have had success inside of the 20. KC, still the only team to not give up a running TD.

how dare us make any sense in this argument.

Hackett called a good game. Execution, especially on Ortons part was the issue on Sunday.

If Nate Hackett is fired, which is the overwhelming consensus on this board, who is a realistic replacement at OC?

I'm asking because I do not know enough about potential available coaches. One name that comes to mind is Lane Kiffin. But there may be other college OC's who have NFL experience? Would Frank Reich come here from SD. Is he an upgrade?

Get a grip..Stop the delusions...Hackett isn't going anywhere he'd have to be jerry sandusky to be let go in the middle of a season that still is meaningful. oh wait Sandusky never was fired...

Hackett and Marrone are too attached at the hip for the former to be let go without the latter. You're still going to get the same predictable offense no matter who is OC under Marrone.

I don't know if i agree with that. It seems to me that Marrone is so predisposed in helping his best bud Danny that he doesn't have time to involve himself in the sinking offense.

Can both Hackett, and Marrone be so stupid to play into teams strengths, and play away from their weaknesses like running at the good run defense of the Jets, and ignoring their crippled secondary. This week is was throwing 48 times at the leagues #1 pass defense while limiting the running game averaging 5.0 YPC avg with only 22 rushed against the leagues 17th ranked run defense.

Hackett did the same thing with EJ at Houston, and allowed him to be exploited by that fierce Texans pass rush. I gotta admit, JJ Watt loved him for it.

If its something immediate like Whaley giving him an ultimatum after losing at Miami. Ex Dolphin OC & GB HC Mike Sherman is doing nothing this year that I know of, and as is Chan Gailey.

If its just the OC then I would love to see LSU's OC Cam Cameron get a shot at OC, as he would build a very powerful run game, and he developed Joe Flacco.