TBD after a loss

PromoTheRobot

What a circus. Multiple threads calling for everyone's head. Arguing stats that predicted failure. Gnashing of teeth and wails of agony. It's downright comical.

I know venting at TBD is cheaper than therapy and probably a better alternative than going postal, but get a grip and some perspective. Half the teams in the NFL lose each week.

I saw a lot to be pleased with yesterday from the O-line and run game. We had this game won but for two errors.

Teams mess up. We messed up. Shake it off and do better next time. Talk to Steelers fans about losing to the Jets or Bears fans about their teams embarrassment on national TV or Niners fans about Kaep's goal line fumble.

It's a long season with half yet to play out. No one cares if you "knew" we were gonna lose or if a player was gonna suck. No one hands out gold stars for that.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Preach it brother

Sucks we lost a game we otherwise dominated

It's a daunting schedule ahead - but it's that way every week in the nfl - if we rip off three straight wins and some other AFC teams lose - the tune changes

Hang in there true fans, a lot of season left, starting with a game we cannot afford to lose on Thursday night

What a circus. Multiple threads calling for everyone's head. Arguing stats that predicted failure. Gnashing of teeth and wails of agony. It's downright comical.

I know venting at TBD is cheaper than therapy and probably a better alternative than going postal, but get a grip and some perspective. Half the teams in the NFL lose each week.

I saw a lot to be pleased with yesterday from the O-line and run game. We had this game won but for two errors.

Teams mess up. We messed up. Shake it off and do better next time. Talk to Steelers fans about losing to the Jets or Bears fans about their teams embarrassment on national TV or Niners fans about Kaep's goal line fumble.

It's a long season with half yet to play out. No one cares if you "knew" we were gonna lose or if a player was gonna suck. No one hands out gold stars for that.

While I'm talking to the Steelers and Niner fans, we can discuss what it's like to never win a superbowl, and to miss the playoffs for 14 straight years. Because they can surely relate...right? :wallbash:

its bad because you have the same guys defending KO who are the very ones crucifying EJ for the same inept play.

I was pleased with an improved run game

I was pleased with the sacks and QB pressure

I wasn't pleased Jamaal Charles multiple big plays

I wasn't pleased with the inability for the D to stop QB's from rushing for TD's

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

1.) No More Moral Victories. Just win.

2.) It is not a long season. It is a Very short season.

3.) This was a very important AFC game that will have a major impact on playoff standings (if the Bills don't collapse)

4.) The realization that your team blows a home game after the BYE in typical Buffalo Bills fashion is too much for the hopefuls to handle.

5.) This is the same old Buffalo Bills . . . Coulda . . . Shoulda . . . Woulda . . . but didn't.

1.) No More Moral Victories. Just win.

2.) It is not a long season. It is a Very short season.

3.) This was a very important AFC game that will have a major impact on playoff standings (if the Bills don't collapse)

4.) The realization that your team blows a home game after the BYE in typical Buffalo Bills fashion is too much for the hopefuls to handle.

5.) This is the same old Buffalo Bills . . . Coulda . . . Shoulda . . . Woulda . . . but didn't.

I think this sufficiently blows up the OP's nonsense.

Come on Promo. I love your optimism for the most part, but are you really trying to dish out the "I love some things I saw" nonsense? The Bills should have won this game, period. Pretty much like they should have won against Houston. Far too often, we see this same nonsense over and over again. With a win this week instead of a loss, they would be in the wild card position. Instead, they now sit behind Kansas City, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, AND San Diego in the playoff hunt. Out of 16 teams, they're the 10th seed right now. Call me pessimistic, but a loss against Miami on a short week and this team is done for the year AGAIN after only 10 games. Even if you assume that they beat Miami on the road, the Jets and Cleveland at home AND Oakland on the road, that would give them only 9 wins. Now you are telling me that they need to beat either Denver or New England on the road or Green Bay at home for 10 wins. I'm sorry, but not buying it. In typical Bills fashion, they'll find a way to lose on they should win and maybe win one that they should not. I just hope that come December, we're not sitting here clapping our hands at a moral victory of 9 wins and 7 losses, watching the playoffs from our collective sofas, when we KNOW they should be playing in the post season.

Never called this a moral victory. All I said was I liked some of what I saw. And I bet Steelers fans are comforting themselves after the Jets loss by remembering all those Super Bowl wins. ("Rothlesburger is playing like crap today but at least we won Super Bowls unlike the Bills" LOL!) Also not surprised by those who attack me. They hate me holding up the mirror to them. Enjoy wallowing in your mud pit, haters.

Your response is predictable: It's the fans fault.

You are entitled to your opinion and the approach you take when discussing the Bills. You are a very loyal fan who invests a lot of time and effort in supporting the team. So I give you a lot of credit in that respect. But the tenor of your respons is always the same.

What you don't understand is that critics of the team and aspects of the team are not disloyal. Your inability to tolerate a different reaction to the team and its performances is somethng that most participants on this board are well aware of.

Again, I give you credit for your loyalty and I respect your investment in the team (money, time and travel) but your responses to different attitudes toward the games are not always appreciated by people who have different views.

I don't want you to take my response as a personal attack. It is not meant to be. It is simply my observation regarding your characterizations of other opinions.

I appreciate Promo's perspective to some degree, as it represents a level of maturity that is often lacking here. But at some point, can't we expect to win games that we dominate?

I think it's very reasonable to be disappointed and stunned at the continual ineptitude. Every team has good plays in a game. Big deal. The winners do what it takes at the critical moments, and we seem to come up short way too often. We're working on 15 years here.

what hurts me the most is that KC is a good team with a winning record in our conference, and we let them steal one in our house.

losing a game, truly getting outplayed like we did against the patriots, hurts less for some stupid reason than giving one away like we did yest.

our probability for making the playoffs just took a serious hit. wildcard spots always come down to tiebreakers, and KC is a leg up on us now.

with Reid at the wheel they're going to be a tough out for anyone. we should have switched that Big Andy lookalike guy from Lancaster with Coach Reid at halftime. Our imposter calls a handoff up the middle on that 4th down play (remember he's watched Hackett for 25 games, its all he knows) instead of that brilliant, decisive, PRE CALLED short yardage inside fake/pitchout that cost us the game.