Mike Willams questions

....lybob

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Williams is done for the year, DM won't budge. Coach is stubborn and runs the show his way or suffer/don't play. MW needs to get on another team after this season, no giant payday for him at all. Wasted potential and may have missed his shot at that check. Fear the beard, wish you the best Cavemanmike19.

What's the story with Mike Williams? He doesn't appear on the injury report but doesn't play at all, wasn't he suppose to be our redzone target? If he's so far into a doghouse that he's not going to play anymore why don't they cut him and pickup Stephan Hill off Carolina's practice squad ?

I don't think Whaley would cut anyone he believes in b.c Marrone won't play them....especially if Whaley thinks about bringing in a different coach next year.

I have a theory. No inside info, just a theory.

Hogan and Woods beat him out for the 2 and 3 WR spots.

My theory is that Orton's chemistry is better with Hogan than with M.W. We have read several times how Orton communicates with Hackett how he like this or that or what he's comfortable with on offense, I believe that one of the things is understanding with certain players and he probably doesn't click with M.W.

My theory is that Orton's chemistry is better with Hogan than with M.W. We have read several times how Orton communicates with Hackett how he like this or that or what he's comfortable with on offense, I believe that one of the things is understanding with certain players and he probably doesn't click with M.W.

Very accurate assessment.

Johnny on the spot, nice work.

most likely they are saying all the right things to avoid getting into trouble with the players union

Yeah, they LOVE Big Mike. He LOVES it here. It's just sometimes you need TWO placekickers active so SOMEONE needs to ride the pine. No punishment and nothing personal... Rules is rules.

But if they COULD activate him they would... He's a great player and a great teammate.

Meanwhile, St. Doug is telling him behind the scenes "You mess with me you don't play ANYWHERE. I'll get fired before I play you. I'm Saint f-ing Doug"

Edited by TheFunPolice

Lee Smith gets a game day roster spot over Mike Williams. Marrone and Hackett going with three TE sets. That is great if it is 1970 or two of the TE's could pass for decent WR's. All three of the TE's block for **** and there is no other team in the league that Lee Smith would make.

There is something fishy going on with this. Marrone has screwed the pooch with MW. MW should be dressed, he has talent, but yet we're leaving a pretty decent WR on our bench every week for no valid reason. If he had done something that horrible, they would've cut him. Plus, is it common that most teams only dress 4 WRs on gameday? I always thought you should dress at least 5, so does anyone have any insight on this?

There is something fishy going on with this. Marrone has screwed the pooch with MW. MW should be dressed, he has talent, but yet we're leaving a pretty decent WR on our bench every week for no valid reason. If he had done something that horrible, they would've cut him. Plus, is it common that most teams only dress 4 WRs on gameday? I always thought you should dress at least 5, so does anyone have any insight on this?

hey man, Larry Deans don't grow on trees.

So the rumor is he can't run anymore. He isn't the player they thought they were getting when they made the trade, post leg injury and leg stabbing. Therefore whether he's active or inactive, he isn't a better option to play than the other WRs if that is true. This is per Sal on WGR last week.

So the rumor is he can't run anymore. He isn't the player they thought they were getting when they made the trade, post leg injury and leg stabbing.

To those that saw a lot of practices during training camp, how did MW look in training camp? Do you remember seeing him limping or looking slow when running?

So the rumor is he can't run anymore. He isn't the player they thought they were getting when they made the trade, post leg injury and leg stabbing. Therefore whether he's active or inactive, he isn't a better option to play than the other WRs if that is true. This is per Sal on WGR last week.

Who cares if his speed has diminished. It's goal-to-go on the 12 or whatever, all he has to do is shuttle himself to the end zone for a jump ball.

You know what? Good coaches get the most out of their players and tailor the game plan to their players' strengths. Doug Marrone is not a good coach. In fact, he's a terrible coach.

Can't run being a relative term of course. He still runs better than 99% of us, but with the hamstring injury and the stabbing injury, maybe he only runs better than a handful of his fellow NFL WR.