Mike Willams questions

....lybob

What is baffling to me is that Goodwin dresses (and of course gets hurt on the only play he's in on), and Mike Williams is inactive again.

It is just like the Urbik situation, the coaching staff has made up its mind, and nothing is going to change it. ….. accept for six games of totally pathetic LG play, and then we give the better guy a shot again.

Pride and stubbornness are very ugly character qualities.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares if his speed has diminished. It's goal-to-go on the 12 or whatever, all he has to do is shuttle himself to the end zone for a jump ball.

You know what? Good coaches get the most out of their players and tailor the game plan to their players' strengths. Doug Marrone is not a good coach. In fact, he's a terrible coach.

i have no idea if it is true, and who knows, maybe MW does catch a TD in the endzone. But orton had open targets for TDs that weren't MW and he just missed them.

I have a theory. No inside info, just a theory.

Hogan and Woods beat him out for the 2 and 3 WR spots.

What about 4 5 6? There is ZERO reasoning behind Williams not playing. Especially when you are lining boobie up out wide. Real threat there

what we saw from Orton is Orton. It wasn't odd. What was odd is he'd played so well tot his point. Orton is slightly better than Fitz and that will show over time.

I honestly dont get that he is better than Fitz. I would probably put them on par. Fitz was more of an athlete better field iq and someone who rallied the troops. He just didnt have the arm. Orton has the arm but its too soon to tell if he really rallies the guys and he has NO mobility and his pocket presence is questionable. So my personal cumulative score is probably about even maybe Fitz just ahead.

Lee Smith gets a game day roster spot over Mike Williams. Marrone and Hackett going with three TE sets. That is great if it is 1970 or two of the TE's could pass for decent WR's. All three of the TE's block for **** and there is no other team in the league that Lee Smith would make.

Speaking of which. Why dont we try to stand gragg up in the slot sometimes? Or is that too much of a revelation for this team. Didnt he run like a 4.55 and have a 37 inch vert. Im sure that coupled with his size would take advantage of most lbs

Edited by Agent 91

I honestly don't understand the love for Williams. Williams was a locker room cancer and coaches' worst nightmare at SU and in Tampa. He has a poor work ethic, shows up late for practices and games, and his skills have now deteriorated such that he probably wouldn't even garner a roster spot on any other NFL team than the Bills. I wouldn't want him as a next door neighbor, and if I was Doug Marrone I sure as heck wouldn't want him on my football team. The cat is a 1st class douche: http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/party-house-brings-more-trouble-for-bucs-williams/2166563

I honestly don't understand the love for Williams. Williams was a locker room cancer and coaches' worst nightmare at SU and in Tampa. He has a poor work ethic, shows up late for practices and games, and his skills have now deteriorated such that he probably wouldn't even garner a roster spot on any other NFL team than the Bills. I wouldn't want him as a next door neighbor, and if I was Doug Marrone I sure as heck wouldn't want him on my football team. The cat is a 1st class douche: http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/party-house-brings-more-trouble-for-bucs-williams/2166563

If only anyone on our staff was familiar with the guy before the trade

I know Tampa coaches might lie to us - but maybe we could've talked to the SU guys

Edited by NoSaint

So the rumor is he can't run anymore. He isn't the player they thought they were getting when they made the trade, post leg injury and leg stabbing. Therefore whether he's active or inactive, he isn't a better option to play than the other WRs if that is true. This is per Sal on WGR last week.

He got two stitches from being stabbed in the leg. He has to take a physical before the trade is completed.

then why not cut him is my question....

If he is THAT bad that Goodwin (who is totally useless as a WR) plays instead then you can find a free agent or practice squad player who can be better ANd not be a locker room cancer

It's the lack of a move like this that lead me to believe Whaley is acting separately from Marrone. Whaley is doing his best to put together a good roster and is leaving the pieces in place for either a new OC or HC to come and work with.

Just a theory/feeling, no evidence.

It's the lack of a move like this that lead me to believe Whaley is acting separately from Marrone. Whaley is doing his best to put together a good roster and is leaving the pieces in place for either a new OC or HC to come and work with.

Just a theory/feeling, no evidence.

There is definitely tension between Marrone and the front office. I wonder if he will get fired almost no matter what he does unless it's playoffs.