Jameis Winston accused of point shaving

YoloinOhio

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, long time FSU fan here and watched that whole game last week. JW is far from a stellar student athlete and I am embarrassed by this kids actions as well. But he has started slow in EVERY game this year. FSU hands down is the best school at making 2nd half changes. Say what you want about that kid he is a gamer, period. The two picks he threw weren't blatant in the least. His WR dropped a lot of balls and he was still taking shots in the 1st half, our run game was stifled with Williams in until they threw the freshman in. I dont buy this for a second, but I am biased.

Not to mention that Louisville is the No. 1 D in the ACC. Nothing to see here. Not a very mature kid, but he can sure will a team to win. FSU might not even be in the top 10 without him this year.

If that story is legit he will go undrafted. The red flags on Jameis are out of control. No one is going to hand that guy the keys to their franchise. It would be like turning your franchise over to Pac Man Jones.

It won't matter if the story is true. He will be tossed from FSU as soon as this rape inquiry is concluded. FSU has to get rid of him in order to make amends fortheir Title IX violation and upcoming lawsuit.

It won't matter if the story is true. He will be tossed from FSU as soon as this rape inquiry is concluded. FSU has to get rid of him in order to make amends fortheir Title IX violation and upcoming lawsuit.

You're probably right; he is a disaster. That program is going to face some serious penalties once they start digging under that rug. It will make OSU and USC look like they got off easy.

If that story is legit he will go undrafted. The red flags on Jameis are out of control. No one is going to hand that guy the keys to their franchise. It would be like turning your franchise over to Pac Man Jones.

If it's true, I'd assume the nfl bans him (I'd assume officially, but at the very least behind closed doors)

If it's true, I'd assume the nfl bans him (I'd assume officially, but at the very least behind closed doors)

There are so many layers to this Florida State saga. It is destined for a 30 for 30. In addition to all of the shady things within the football program and the university there are elements of police corruption. They say that the cover up is worse than the crime and in this case both are disastrous.

There are so many layers to this Florida State saga. It is destined for a 30 for 30. In addition to all of the shady things within the football program and the university there are elements of police corruption. They say that the cover up is worse than the crime and in this case both are disastrous.

As Bobby Bowden said... "their good boys, their good boys".

This is getting to the point that only 1 of 2 things can be true:

1. Winston is a horrible person

2. Ther are a whole bunch of horrible other people, who are doing whatever they can to bring this kid down. (I suppose SEC boosters would be the prime suspect here. But as I've said many times: I intentionally have nothing to do with college football, other than watching the Championship game. That's why, when draft time comes around, I retain objectivity.

I'm fairly certain those 2 possibilities are not mutually exclusive. Criminals usually only associate with likeminded criminals. And with this guy, where's there's smoke there's fire.

Edited by Saint Doug

I understand your point but just want to point out the obvious: manziel lives in an era where everyone has a phone w a camera, there are industries fully dedicated to exploiting and covering athletes, and then throw in the explosion of social media. Kelly may have been able to keep a lot of his actions private bc it was a heck of a lot easier to do so 20-30yrs ago.

No doubt. But it is what it is, and we know what we know. I can't imagine how many of the old school guys would have managed this new age of cameras everywhere and instant communication. Guys have to be extra cautious now. Maybe it isn't fair. Some might argue the insane salaries they now get isn't fair, either. But when you continue to engage in behavior that reflects poorly on your team, you put yourself in a position to be labeled as "selfish". Manziel got a lot of slack for his early indiscretions from the public and the NFL. "He's a kid, He'll learn." He also got almost no punishment for those indiscretions. On the one hand, I find it hard to believe he continued with the nonsense after being drafted and after the owner basically told him to knock it off. On the other hand, since he has never experienced any real consequences for his behavior, I guess is isn't that hard to believe after all.

Edited by The Dean