Rex jumps in on Sammy's conference call

eme123

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that is absolutely hilarious, i dislike all things NY Jets and Rex Ryan, but I applaud his sense of humor. Some of us here really need to relax and enjoy life

Agreed....I thought it was funny and actually showed that Rex has a healthy respect for our star WR

I wonder what Marrone thought of it at the time...:)

The New York media had a conference call with Sammy Watkins today. Rex Ryan made a surprise appearance.

Its not a huge deal but i'd like to think the coach of my team has better things to do.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/Behind-Enemy-Lines-Buffalo-Bills/6591098c-045e-44b6-8233-be355126e8b9

not even addressing this particularly incident, but the broad sentiment----- im not on the bandwagon that a HC has to be 110% dedicated to work 20 hrs a day -- the guy has a full coaching staff, is a professional himself too.... taking 5 minutes to lighten the mood can sometimes be more productive than the 5,000th clip of film being reviewed by him personally.

Okay, I'll say it. I liked Buddy Ryan AND Rex Ryan, although I will usually hate anyone that everyone seems to like, and like anyone everyone seems to hate as a matter of principal.

Rob Ryan, not so much.

Rex is a good coach and a funny guy. He says batschit crazy things and is a pervert. What's not to like?

If only our coach had a smidgen of Rex's charisma...

I still love the video of Freddy "dunking" on Marrone at training camp. Quite certain by the look on his face he would have strangled any other person other than Fred if they did that to him.

If only our coach had a smidgen of Rex's charisma...

I still love the video of Freddy "dunking" on Marrone at training camp. Quite certain by the look on his face he would have strangled any other person other than Fred if they did that to him.

it might not have helped our #1 wr and WR coach that the WR room seemed to be in on the shenanigans

Okay, I'll say it. I liked Buddy Ryan AND Rex Ryan, although I will usually hate anyone that everyone seems to like, and like anyone everyone seems to hate as a matter of principal.

Rob Ryan, not so much.

Rex is a good coach and a funny guy. He says batschit crazy things and is a pervert. What's not to like?

While I agree (with liking Rex and Buddy, but not Rob so much), I don't believe Rex or Buddy are/were particularly good HCs. The Rex love as HC on this board seems to be in large part BECAUSE he is a laughable buffoon.

As a DC I believe he is terrific. But as a HC I believe he is over is head and brings too much attention to himself. I also suspect this will be his last year with the Jets.

With all that said, I found this incident with Watkins fairly amusing.

While I agree (with liking Rex and Buddy, but not Rob so much), I don't believe Rex or Buddy are/were particularly good HCs. The Rex love as HC on this board seems to be in large part BECAUSE he is a laughable buffoon.

As a DC I believe he is terrific. But as a HC I believe he is over is head and brings too much attention to himself. I also suspect this will be his last year with the Jets.

With all that said, I found this incident with Watkins fairly amusing.

I could agree with that. But Rex has never been given a decent offense since he has been on the Jets. It's possible that some of it is his fault, lobbying for defensive players. But he was given Sanchez and Geno, they have never had very good skill players all around during his tenure, etc.

I could agree with that. But Rex has never been given a decent offense since he has been on the Jets. It's possible that some of it is his fault, lobbying for defensive players. But he was given Sanchez and Geno, they have never had very good skill players all around during his tenure, etc.

But some of plans he signed off on were ridiculous. Like the sparano sanchez-tebow substitution nonsense