Rex jumps in on Sammy's conference call

eme123

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The New York media had a conference call with Sammy Watkins today. Rex Ryan made a surprise appearance.

Its not a huge deal but i'd like to think the coach of my team has better things to do.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/Behind-Enemy-Lines-Buffalo-Bills/6591098c-045e-44b6-8233-be355126e8b9

i know everyone on this board loves Rex Ryan. But I think he's a clown.

i know everyone on this board loves Rex Ryan. But I think he's a clown.

I thought it was kinda funny. I mean, Sammy knows Rex because he was on the team with his son at Clemson. It's not some random coach-player interaction, I bet Rex kept a close eye on Sammy when he was breaking out.

Rex's son, Seth, played receiver at Clemson with Watkins, which gave the Jets coach plenty of opportunities to watch the rookie dominate defenses before entering the NFL. Ryan recently compared Watkins to the likes of A.J. Green and Julio Jones, saying: "He's one of those guys that doesn't come around very often."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000415726/article/rex-ryan-grills-sammy-watkins-on-conference-call

i think that is absolutely hilarious, i dislike all things NY Jets and Rex Ryan, but I applaud his sense of humor. Some of us here really need to relax and enjoy life

I agree, life would be boring if everyone always did what was expected of them. I love when he said you would really help my son out by not playing in this game on Sunday...

i actually enjoyed the jets version of hard knocks, and came away seeing how ryan would appeal to certain players. i also thought some of the players seemed like pretty good guys, regular people if you will. i didn't like that feeling because i prefer to be an angry/bitter bills fan where i hate everyone. i stopped watching hard knocks, thought that damn marvin lewis dragged me in a few times.