CJ vs Jerry

Nasty

Well this topic really doesn't hold any ground anymore since CJ got hurt this past Sunday, but the one thing I wanted to ask this board was, who they would have chosen CJ vs Hughes as far as the big free agent we keep.

Both are in the final year of their rookie contract and both have put up some good numbers through their initial contracts. So who would you choose if you could only sign 1? Myself I would choose Hughes simply because our D-Line is historic right now and it is harder to find a solid pass rusher then it is to find a productive running back. I love CJ and I really hope we find a way to keep them both in the off season. If CJ is the team player he say he Is, he would consider what had happened to him (as unfortunate as it may be) and sig an incentive laden contract giving us the ability to sign Hughes to the contract he deserves.

But I think before we do that and it might throw a monkey wrench in the whole thing, we need to sign Dareus to an extension before his rookie contract runs out and before we sign one of the two or both of the free agents mentioned above. Get to work Whaley!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughes > ST Spiller > RB Spiller.

It's harder to find a DE that can play 3 downs effectively and play the pass attack like Hughes then it is to find a quick return man, and then it's easier to find an RB then it is those other two.