A Team Player- CJ Spiller

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CJ is a great teammate and I would bet that every player on the Bills (with Fred first in line) would love to see him back.

Given that someone took issue with my saying haters will hate, I will end with:

Crusaders will crusade - even those who in other posts (accurately) critique our guards, but, at the same time go out of their way to trash CJ.

I wish CJ a speedy recovery - and a long career with the team and city he loves - the Buffalo Bills.

Thanks, well said.

Sorry to break up the love fest, but...

Pretty sure CJ caused a stir in his rookie season and 2nd season when he didn't get carries and was removed from the starting spot in week 2-3 I'm favor of Lynch and Freddie.

No link. It was over 4 friggin years ago.

I don't remember this at all. I think you are just making it up because you don't like him.

I think he learned a lot from Freddie about how to act in the NFL. He's definitely one of the most genuine, good guys on the roster. I'm pulling for him regardless of what team he ends up on.

Look...i'm sure Fred was a positive influence to him, but do we have to credit Fred for everything that someone does that is positive? Spiller was a great guy from day one and even his college coach raved about his character when we drafted him. Maybe spiller is just a great team player with or without jackson.

I don't remember this at all. I think you are just making it up because you don't like him.

+1

Look...i'm sure Fred was a positive influence to him, but do we have to credit Fred for everything that someone does that is positive? Spiller was a great guy from day one and even his college coach raved about his character when we drafted him. Maybe spiller is just a great team player with or without jackson.

I think having a guy like FJax helping him adjust to not being "the guy" in the NFL and showing him that wins are what matters was a huge help. A high pick like Spiller could have easily been a malcontent but he was a class act all the way.

just because I have no link doesn't make it incorrect.

ill give it a rest when either he's off the team or when everyone else gives the love fest a rest.

How's that?

"love fest"? For a guy who just suffered a really sh---y season-ending injury and possibly a very sad end to his Bills career, and has by all accounts been a good soldier? You don't have to like his play, but this is totally a crusade. People are allowed to discuss the likable traits of players and they'll still know where you stand on CJ Spiller. Seriously, do not worry your pretty little head about this.

I think the way Fred and CJ who in my opinion could both have been starting as undisputed number 1 backs for other teams in the league (mrags you don't need to tell me why you disagree with this we already know) have taken the past 2 and a half years to splitting carries says a lot about both of them. All running backs who split carries talk about wanting the other guy to do well and a lot of the time you can tell that they are not exactly being sincere. With Fred and CJ I actually believe it. He has been a class act in Buffalo as a person and has done pretty well as a player, although has probably not justified being a first round draft pick.

I hope he is back.... but I think the performance of Bryce Brown and Boobie Dixon in the next few weeks will go a long way to determining the Bills' strategy on CJ. Of course this injury, if it does end his season, probably means he will not be getting a big payday in the off-season so Buffalo might be able to work something out with him if they are interested in doing so.

CJ is a great teammate and I would bet that every player on the Bills (with Fred first in line) would love to see him back.

Given that someone took issue with my saying haters will hate, I will end with:

Crusaders will crusade - even those who in other posts (accurately) critique our guards, but, at the same time go out of their way to trash CJ.

I wish CJ a speedy recovery - and a long career with the team and city he loves - the Buffalo Bills.

^

This. + 1

Good luck in your recovery CJ.

I'm probably wrong about this. But my gut feeling is he is back next year with the Bills.

I think he is back next season as well. He is due $4 mil from the Bills and I don't see anyone offering him more than that.

I also think that beyond next season that if Whaley and Marrone want Spiller, they will get him at a good price as RBs in general are devalued and Spiller's resume so far is not spectacular.

That could change of course if somehow Spiller comes out next season, stays healthy, and tears it up. But that isn't likely to happen in my opinion.

As someone mentioned above, love him as a person. At camp for example he always went out of his way for the kids that were there. But as a running back he is lacking IMO.

Edited by CodeMonkey

@SalSports: #Bills RB CJ Spiller, via text, tells me he's in good spirits, ready to get through his recovery and come back strong. Great to read/hear.

@CJSPILLER: Wanna thank all my family n fans for their prayers everything was successful I have all the Faith the team will be in playoffs contention

@CJSPILLER: Just in time for return but until meantime I'll be their biggest fan n rooting them on Sunday's and doing everything in my power to make

@CJSPILLER: Sure that @Boobie24Dixon and Bryce brown will be ready to go each Sunday again thank yAll for prayers n go bills.#BillsMafia

@SalSports: #Bills RB CJ Spiller, via text, tells me he's in good spirits, ready to get through his recovery and come back strong. Great to read/hear.

@CJSPILLER: Wanna thank all my family n fans for their prayers everything was successful I have all the Faith the team will be in playoffs contention

@CJSPILLER: Just in time for return but until meantime I'll be their biggest fan n rooting them on Sunday's and doing everything in my power to make

@CJSPILLER: Sure that @Boobie24Dixon and Bryce brown will be ready to go each Sunday again thank yAll for prayers n go bills.#BillsMafia

Awesome!!!

Very easy guy to like and root for -- unless you are a crusader.

Sorry to break up the love fest, but...

Pretty sure CJ caused a stir in his rookie season and 2nd season when he didn't get carries and was removed from the starting spot in week 2-3 I'm favor of Lynch and Freddie.

No link. It was over 4 friggin years ago.

I don't remember that at all.

god - what a jerk!

love or hate his running - if nothing else, he seems like a good person. lesson to mrags - its ok to separate the player from the person.

I think CJ will stay in BUF for a hometown discount, but I'm just speculating based on the type of person he is. He and Freddie are really close.

The problem is that I don't see how the Bills are going to pay CJ, Hughes, Dareus and Spikes. For continuity Spikes is probably more important than Spiller especially if Kiko can come back from injury successfully.