Kyle Orton Haters

DaBills51

I want to know now if EJ is the answer not in 1 or 2 more years.

Perhaps if you stomp your feet and cry a bit the Bills will make certain they appease your desire for instant gratification, rather than their desire to win football games.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This season? or are you counting all 14 starts?

EJ has an upside. KO doesn't

This season. I keep hearing about the Carolina comeback but 11 games later did you see the attempted Chargers or Houston comeback? EJ had his shot and regressed. If he has upside, he'll get his shot just not while Orton is completely outplaying him.

I'm glad you're not the coach becasue I would like to win. Not see what 90% of fans realize, EJ will never be a franchise QB.

are you counting all 14 starts?

I am talking about this season. 5 TD's 3 INT's and 1 fumble against better defenses.

I would guess the rest of the team would rather win than be variables in the "EJ Experiment"

Can you imagine if we had an OL? Less turnovers, more ball control (with successful run game)... these tough wins would be easy, and the close losses would be wins.

Oh to dream.

You are not allowed to imagine that, but you are allowed to imagine us at 1-6.

are you counting all 14 starts?

I am talking about this season. 5 TD's 3 INT's and 1 fumble against better defenses.

Nothing supports a quarterback's development like being the bane of the team's existence and having to endure the ire of your teammates, fans, and coaches.

Alphadawg is right. Too many fans want this to be EJ vs Orton. I like EJ Manuel, but I said on here straight away after the Houston game "that is the kind of performance that gets you benched." They made the change, it was hard to disagree with it at the time to my mind but some did and they are entitled to their opinion.

But this isn't about EJ now. They are not going back to him this season unless there is an injury. That means the question that Alphadawg is posing is the correct one - is Orton's play and the all round performance of the offense at the moment good enough to get us to the play-offs? My take is that if our D keeps enough people to 20 points or fewer it will be. If this offense needs to score north of 25 points to win I don't see it happening.

how was his accuracy late in the 4th ???/ IF not for Sammy getting a mit on the ball, the pass would have been intercepted, GAME OVER !!!

Bills lose by 6

Or the lions game where Sammy tipped it to himself.

I said the same thing on that pass when watching it live, Watkins not catching (edit deflecting it)it means pick and game over. I am glad we have a receiver who is good enough to handle those situations.

I know this isn't the thread for it, and I know our defense only allowed 16 points, but our Defense didn't seem very good in the game against a 3rd string running back, and a rookie QB. Just my opinion though.

Edited by What a Tuel

But this isn't about EJ now. They are not going back to him this season unless there is an injury. That means the question that Alphadawg is posing is the correct one - is Orton's play and the all round performance of the offense at the moment good enough to get us to the play-offs? My take is that if our D keeps enough people to 20 points or fewer it will be. If this offense needs to score north of 25 points to win I don't see it happening.

I disagree. It doesn't have to be vitriolic but it's impossible not to compare and contrast their play.

I do believe KO's play is good enough to get us into the playoffs. What some don't seem to understand is that the running game is averaging 69 YPG at 2.6 YPC since Orton has been the QB. Both of those numbers rank dead last in the NFL right now. Is that because the of Orton? Minnesota and NE both were crushing our run game with 7 man fronts which Shouldn't happen. So if the run game is not getting it done, what's winning for us on offense? The passing game.

Every game takes on its own identity......we are winning games because of our defense.....our offense is squirming along because our OL play is absolutely horrible

The one thing that I DO KNOW is that EJ Manuel does not make that throw to Watkins.....for that matter dont you remember how bad our red zone offense was with EJ Manuel overall? Dismal

Meanwhile....Orton just seems to have the clutch factor in the end zone......he is willing to make the throw

By the way none of this means I have given up on EJ Manuel the player.......I just think he is exactly where he needs to be right now....holding the clipboard behind a veteran QB.

Why do you keep bringing up EJ to me? Have you seen me once say EJ is better in the posts you keep replying to? Have you once seen me say bench Orton for EJ?

Seriously, so sick of that being brought up because I have concerns about Orton and this offense. Doesn't mean I don't root for Orton, doesn't mean I don't think he should be the starter right now...means, this offense still sucks and we need to fix it or we won't make the playoffs again. Case closed. Has nothing to do with EJ so move on from that reply...so sick of this EJ vs Orton crap in every thread if bring ANYTHING up about our offense. Good lord.

Our offense still sucks regardless who's under center.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Alphadawg is right. Too many fans want this to be EJ vs Orton. I like EJ Manuel, but I said on here straight away after the Houston game "that is the kind of performance that gets you benched." They made the change, it was hard to disagree with it at the time to my mind but some did and they are entitled to their opinion.

I don't think that the current production from the offense is enough to get the Bills to the playoffs. I don't think that is on Orton -- I think he has played well enough, he simply needs more protection. He doesn't have the best pocket awareness, and if we can't stop Dixon from getting trucked/whiffing on big blocks, those mistakes are going to hurt us. We need to keep him clean and standing for us to have a chance to make a run against the stream of mediocre teams that we play over the next month+