What will they do about this horrid O-line?

Rubes

I think you'll see major changes at the bye week.

I am NOT looking forward to seeing what Rex cooks up with that front seven of his next week. They have to be salivating.

GO BILLS!!!

i'll get ripped for this,but i cannot fathom how this team beats the jets on the road.

would someone tell me again why we couldn't pay Chad Rinehart. I got laughed at 2 years ago when i said we should have paid him. but he's starting LG for the chargers and way better than anyone we have now.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, after a few games it would seem that Richardson is not ready to be an NFL starter, Henderson is not ready to be an NFL starter, and Pears is not ready to be a starting OG. This is about as bad as I've seen the offensive line in years, and we've had some bad ones.

For the life of me I cannot understand why we don't move Pears back to RT, where he was at least serviceable, and put Urbik back in at LG, where he too was at least serviceable. I have no idea what they can do for the LG position, but Richardson is just not the answer, at least not right now.

I just don't understand it.

I agree man. For the life of me I don't understand how Marrone can be so quick to pull EJ (which i'm 100% in agreement with) but at the same time refuses to pull the two rookies from the OL. It's not like we have other young guys backing them up - we have experienced NFL players who may be no more than average OL in the NFL, but they're definitely not as bad as these two guys. They're the #1 liability on this team - BY FAR. The move to make is clear Marrone - make it.

Glenn / Urbik / Wood / Hairston / Pears should be the Oline. Or if he's dead set on Pears at RG, then just keep him there and put Hairston at RT..but man do SOMETHING.

Kills me to even suggest this, but if he is on board with it as solely a stop gap measure, I would move Glenn to LG. Shift Henderson to LT, pears to RT, and get urbik in at RG.

So, you have, left to right: Henderson, Glenn, wood, urbik, pears.

I hear what you're saying man, but no way do you move a proven player (Glenn) to accommodate an unproven rookie who is underperforming, too late in the game for that IMO. If he wants to experiment with that maybe do it next year during training camp.

The fix is simple: Pears - RT; Urbik - LG; Hairston RG. It can't possibly be any worse - only one way to go and that's up.

i'll get ripped for this,but i cannot fathom how this team beats the jets on the road.

would someone tell me again why we couldn't pay Chad Rinehart. I got laughed at 2 years ago when i said we should have paid him. but he's starting LG for the chargers and way better than anyone we have now.

Rinehart wanted to follow D'Alessandris to San Diego. We had no chance of keeping him.

GO BILLS!!!

I hear what you're saying man, but no way do you move a proven player (Glenn) to accommodate an unproven rookie who is underperforming, too late in the game for that IMO. If he wants to experiment with that maybe do it next year during training camp.

The fix is simple: Pears - RT; Urbik - LG; Hairston RG. It can't possibly be any worse - only one way to go and that's up.

No fix is really a fix if it includes still putting Pears out on the field.

you may be right but I don't recall Pears being this bad when he played RT. He was average at best, but he wasn't a liability. LG and RT are a liability. And Pears at RG is a liability.

I've got nightmares about Pears at RT. He was on the decline last year and cost us. This year he's even worse, and been put into a new position that only magnifies his deficiencies.

Pears at RT is a step back from Seantrel, even though he has struggled. I like the idea of Hairston at RG and Ubrik at LG though. I'd sign off on that.

Yeah, I agree; just trying to get creative.

Re Hairston, I thought he failed the guard experiment in TC.

I remember week 1, I felt like the O-Line looked very good. I'm not sure what happened. I feel like we have decent talent there. I do think we've faced some very tough defensive fronts so far.

That's the weird thing to me. Did Chris Williams going down cause the whole OL to collapse? Seems ridiculous on its face. And they played pretty well as a unit vs. Miami too. So I guess there's some hope the current starters can pull it together enough to be at least acceptable till we get some new bodies next year.

That's the weird thing to me. Did Chris Williams going down cause the whole OL to collapse? Seems ridiculous on its face. And they played pretty well as a unit vs. Miami too. So I guess there's some hope the current starters can pull it together enough to be at least acceptable till we get some new bodies next year.

Yeah I thought we looked good in the Miami game too. At that time I felt like the O-Line was a strong point on the team. Our current lineup is very young and according to scouts have high upside. Like some others have said, these might be some growing pains along the way to an elite unit that can be around for years. That might be the hope of the front office and coaching staff. We'll see what ends up becoming the reality.

Confidence, with some good opening movement of the ball, would help. We need some early positive gains, which will help with positive attitudes.

Being in the trenches without progress, is stifling. Lineman like to see progress from their efforts.

Jazz up the first few series with reverses and screens and misdirection, open up the offense.

The lineman will respond, give them something to get excited about.

Kills me to even suggest this, but if he is on board with it as solely a stop gap measure, I would move Glenn to LG. Shift Henderson to LT, pears to RT, and get urbik in at RG.

So, you have, left to right: Henderson, Glenn, wood, urbik, pears.

It's sad that this is now a viable option worth considering. Henderson did look really comfortable at LT in preseason. Two things to consider in that scenario. 1.) To my knowledge Glenn has not played guard before and he may struggle with stunts and assignments at a new position similar to how Pears is struggling with his assignments ( obviously he would not struggle with the physical aspect of playing guard so it would be a huge upgrade in that category). 2 - I would replace Pears with Hairston at RT. I think Pears is fried at this point.

Bills HAVE to make a trade if they want to make the playoffs this year. What's our strength - DT, what is our weakness - Guard. As much as I love him, why not trade Kyle Williams to a team with guard depth. There is no way this team can keep winning the the oline playing the way they are. Which team out there would take a pretty big step with the addition of Kyle (and can afford to trade a top guard)?

Seriously, after a few games it would seem that Richardson is not ready to be an NFL starter, Henderson is not ready to be an NFL starter, and Pears is not ready to be a starting OG. This is about as bad as I've seen the offensive line in years, and we've had some bad ones.

For the life of me I cannot understand why we don't move Pears back to RT, where he was at least serviceable, and put Urbik back in at LG, where he too was at least serviceable. I have no idea what they can do for the LG position, but Richardson is just not the answer, at least not right now.

I just don't understand it.

Urbik must be in DM's dog house along with Mike Williams. There is no viable excuse for at least not trying something different.