CJ Spiller; surgery for a broken collar bone WGR

boyst

yeah. He had a long run. Probably ran out of bounds. Got caught from behind. Didn't get the TD. And ended up with a season ending injury. The only thing that could have capped it all off was a fumble at the end of the run.

#lastplayeverinabillsuniform

You remind me of Bucky and Sully - not in a good way.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though we disagree on Spiller, I still respect you as a poster. But gloating on a guy getting injured is a bad look. Lack of class and I thought you were better than that.

Get well CJ. Sorry Nate Hackett wasted you.

hopefully CJ's last game with "can't Hackett." Need a real OC here next season.

Huh? He was gone in the second Q. He helped tie the game...

The last I knew it does not matter when during the game that points are scored, they just have to be scored between the start and finish of the game. Setting up a 3 point score in a game won by 1 point makes the difference between a win and a loss. Points scored in the first 3 quarters are = to points scored in the last. His play was not any less critical for the win than was Hogan's catch in the final seconds of the game to set up the 7 point TD drive.

The last I knew it does not matter when during the game that points are scored, they just have to be scored between the start and finish of the game. Setting up a 3 point score in a game won by 1 point makes the difference between a win and a loss. Points scored in the first 3 quarters are = to points scored in the last. His play was not any less critical for the win than was Hogan's catch in the final seconds of the game to set up the 7 point TD drive.

The haters refuse to give the guy any credit.

does that mean we get to blame him for every so for loss that he ever had a fumble? How about every game he had less than 100 yards? How about every game where he failed to run forward 3 yards for a 1st down to continue a drive?

We could go on and on about it.

nope. The lover just love drooling over his "potential" too much.

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk 35s36 seconds ago

Source: C.J. Spiller will have surgery tomorrow to repair broken collarbone, and he is done for the season.

If he has surgery he can be back in 6-8 weeks. His season may not be done.

Buffalo could wait and see how he is doing in a few weeks and then decide to IR him. He is an asset worth holding onto should Buffalo be battling for a playoff spot and even make the playoffs.

does that mean we get to blame him for every so for loss that he ever had a fumble? How about every game he had less than 100 yards? How about every game where he failed to run forward 3 yards for a 1st down to continue a drive?

We could go on and on about it.

nope. The lover just love drooling over his "potential" too much.

You mean his potential for a 50 yard run, of which he had one today? He is a player who needs to be used correctly. He is not a guy you give the rock 25-30 times a game, and he is not a typical between-the-tackles runner. His field vision is not terrific, but he is dynamite in space. It needs not be sugarcoated nor minimized. He is a useful player in the NFL, just probably not the kind of guy who should go 9th overall. That is not his fault, and he can still blow a game open regardless. As for why he doesn't more often, this should be blamed on the coaches, not him personally.

Sort of like Kelly's last game @ Rich Stadium

I was at that game...we all sat there in stunned silence as the upstart Jags with Natrone Means and Mark Brunell pulled the upset...back then we thought we were unbeatable in home playoff games...

This looked like a pretty severe break to me. He was in tremendous pain, especially as they were carting him off.

It looks like one of the breaks where it breaks in several pieces which is the worst. My recovery time was long. Luckily Buffalo has some of the best doctors in the country. Spiller might be more useful as WR than a RB next year.

If he has surgery he can be back in 6-8 weeks. His season may not be done.

Buffalo could wait and see how he is doing in a few weeks and then decide to IR him. He is an asset worth holding onto should Buffalo be battling for a playoff spot and even make the playoffs.

Everyone, pause with me.

Close your eyes, week 17 is here and it is all on the line for the championship. We're playing NE, Spiller is back and been used sparingly in week 16. Week 17, the game is about over. NE scores to go ahead 6 with just seconds left. Spiller there returning the ball. Catches it...runs it back... all the way.

I think I would never say anything negative about the guy again.

Everyone, pause with me.

Close your eyes, week 17 is here and it is all on the line for the championship. We're playing NE, Spiller is back and been used sparingly in week 16. Week 17, the game is about over. NE scores to go ahead 6 with just seconds left. Spiller there returning the ball. Catches it...runs it back... all the way.

I think I would never say anything negative about the guy again.

I would love it. So is short-term IR only applicable to a guy who has been injured in TC /pre-season? Or could it apply here? I think they can't afford to waste a roster spot on him but it would certainly be great to have the option to bring him back.

As Rubes says, this looks like the worst kind of collarbone injury, so I wouldn't expect him back on the short side of the recovery time.

For those of you looking for the difference in perspective with Aaron Rogers' injury, here's the story and video:

Highlight from NFL.com

Like they say in the video, they suspected he had a "small break" in his collarbone, nothing like what CJ suffered. You can even see how he doesn't appear to be in that much pain afterward, especially as he goes jogging off the field moving both arms normally. CJ, it appeared, could barely tolerate the movement of the cart as he was brought off.

Aaron Rogers, by the way, was out for 7 weeks. He returned 8 weeks after the injury against the Bears in the season finale, and I recall watching the game that while he played well, he probably shouldn't have returned.

Edited by Rubes

When he was carted off (presumably crying under the towel) I thought this is the final memory. It made me sad.

Well, my memory will be him busting off a CJ Spiller style run around the outside, like a boss. Too bad for him. Glad he reminded everyone of his talent on that run. Hope he's not gone.

Not "hating" (what is this...high school??)---the guy said Spiller helped set up the "game winning score". He just redefined "game winning score" as "any score any time in a close win".