Guess the Bills 1st play from scrimmage

YoloinOhio

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know (Marv Levy's?) old adage "If you listen to the fans, you'll soon be sitting with them", but...surely if anyone at OBD is reading this forum...they HAVE to see this frustration every goddamn week. You all know what the first play will be. I know what the first play will be. The Vikings know what the first play will be. So here's the question. Why don't we just start the game with...I don't know...2nd and 9, and CJ hobbling to the sidelines with a mildly twisted ankle? Just give up the first down and run 8 seconds off the clock. Because it's just so goddamn predictable. CJ up Pears' ass for a one-yard gain before he's crushed like a beer can at a frat party.

skipping those plays will ultimately give us more possessions by the end of the game. remember how we ran the no huddle last year? same reasoning.

I always thought we ran the no huddle to get the defense back onto the field as quickly as possible so it could showcase Pettine's coaching abilities.

I know (Marv Levy's?) old adage "If you listen to the fans, you'll soon be sitting with them", but...surely if anyone at OBD is reading this forum...they HAVE to see this frustration every goddamn week. You all know what the first play will be. I know what the first play will be. The Vikings know what the first play will be. So here's the question. Why don't we just start the game with...I don't know...2nd and 9, and CJ hobbling to the sidelines with a mildly twisted ankle? Just give up the first down and run 8 seconds off the clock. Because it's just so goddamn predictable. CJ up Pears' ass for a one-yard gain before he's crushed like a beer can at a frat party.

Might as well take 45 seconds off the clock and start the game with 3rd and 9. Third and longs must be part of the gameplan seeing as how we're in those situations at least a dozen times a game.

Edited by Bangarang

orton in shotgun. wood snaps the ball early, hits orton in the ballz. cj scoops it up, jukes his way back into the end zone where he's tackled for a safety. orton gives a thumbs-up to the crowd as he's carted off the field.

Would be worth watching.