Seahawks Trade Percy Harvin to the Jets

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seattle is a running team and did not use Harvin much. Over paid for him and he helped win a Super Bowl but not worth the head ache. Now they have parted ways with Harvin and Golden Tate since the championship. NY Jets got a guy who can only go deep. Sounds like a problem (an injury prone one too) that the Bills shares.

he had some red flags out of college, and some teams had him off their draft board entirely. He makes 10 mill/yr and has never had 1000 yd season.

pointless stat. Dude had 980 yards or something and another 350+ on the ground.

Guy can ball in the right offense. Really don't understand everyone burying him on the skills front. Sure he's a headcase, but he's also an amazing player.

Seattle is a running team and did not use Harvin much. Over paid for him and he helped win a Super Bowl but not worth the head ache. Now they have parted ways with Harvin and Golden Tate since the championship. NY Jets got a guy who can only go deep. Sounds like a problem (an injury prone one too) that the Bills shares.

How is Harvin a guy who can only go deep? He's a slot guy you manufacturer short yardage plays for and let him run wild once he makes a guy miss in the Eddie Royal/Wes Welker mold. He's not a straight line burner. He's a gadget guy who can run all over. Cordarelle Patterson last year, not Goodwin. Geniuses.

Edited by Endless Ike

Guy can ball in the right offense. Really don't understand everyone burying him on the skills front. Sure he's a headcase, but he's also an amazing player.

im not burying his skills. But that's a lot of money for a non-#1 WR. I think it says more about the number of games he missed. Edited by YoloinOhio

im not burying his skills. But that's a lot of money for a non-#1 WR. I think it says more about the number of games he missed.

Without looking - he's like the third highest paid wr in the league.... Which means outside of qbs, he's probably, what, the 7-8th highest paid offensive player in the nfl?

Edited by NoSaint

He did have 3 TDs called back on one game.

Harvin, when healthy, is the most explosive player in the NFL. He hasn't been healthy too often and he has had reports of not being all there mentally. A total wild card. If the Bills had picked him up I would have been happy so I can't knock the Jets.

Rex and Harvin might be kindered spirits, I don't like him in the division.

I know he had those called back, but if plays that were called back counted, Spiller would probably be averaging over 5 ypc this year and a lot of Bills fan wouldn't hate him so much.

I'm glad we didn't go after him. We have a guy with a similar skill set in Watkins, except Watkins can actually play wide receiver. If Wilson and winning (a lot) wasn't enough to make him happy, how in the world would the Bills be a good fit for him. The guy appears to be a cancer that only cares about his own stat line. Let him blow up the Jets locker room, if he doesn't get injured first because let's not forget, he's made of glass. He makes Goodwin look durable.

http://www.kffl.com/player/20748/nfl/injury_history/percy-harvin

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Harvin, when healthy, is the most explosive player in the NFL. He hasn't been healthy too often and he has had reports of not being all there mentally. A total wild card. If the Bills had picked him up I would have been happy so I can't knock the Jets.

Dammit. I wanted to stay away from this thread. Cbiscuit pretty much covered how he's the most overated player in nfl history. I dont know if he touched on his migraine headaches.... That's a big factor too.

Anyway. When healthy, the most overated player in the nfl is not the most explosive player in the nfl! Not possible.

That will be Jj watt, Adrian Peterson or Calvin Johnson. Percy doesnt even make the conversation. Heck I think Russel Wilson is more explosive than Percy Harvin. Heck I could name more. Marshawn Lynch, Desean Jackson, heck even more, but you get my point, heck. Aj Green. Heck even Darren Sproles. Heck even Julio Jones. Heck even the rb from Washington. Heck even Antonion Jones. Heck even Peyton Manning.

How is Harvin a guy who can only go deep? He's a slot guy you manufacturer short yardage plays for and let him run wild once he makes a guy miss in the Eddie Royal/Wes Welker mold. He's not a straight line burner. He's a gadget guy who can run all over. Cordarelle Patterson last year, not Goodwin. Geniuses.

Watch the routes Seattle ran him. He can do reverses but he was being utilized as a deep threat from the slot.

Dammit. I wanted to stay away from this thread. Cbiscuit pretty much covered how he's the most overated player in nfl history. I dont know if he touched on his migraine headaches.... That's a big factor too.

Anyway. When healthy, the most overated player in the nfl is not the most explosive player in the nfl! Not possible.

That will be Jj watt, Adrian Peterson or Calvin Johnson. Percy doesnt even make the conversation. Heck I think Russel Wilson is more explosive than Percy Harvin. Heck I could name more. Marshawn Lynch, Desean Jackson, heck even more, but you get my point, heck. Aj Green. Heck even Darren Sproles. Heck even Julio Jones. Heck even the rb from Washington. Heck even Antonion Jones. Heck even Peyton Manning.

So you watched the Super Bowl? Or the game when the TDs were called back. There is no one that you cited that could do what he does. All great players but Harvin is a rare bird. Screens, reverses, normal routes and direct handoffs he is a threat to score every time he touches the ball.

Sproles or Desean Jackson would be the closest. Your list is full of great players and certainly players that may be more valuable to their team but not as explosive, at least the way I am thinking of the word.

I don't know the inside scoop but for a coach like Carrol to get rid of him there must have been problems or it could be a salary dump for an oft injured head case.

That's great and all, but his 1 actual TD for the year shouldn't have counted. He clearly stepped out of bounds on the run.

The guy has been all hype his entire career, never statistically coming close to a #1 receiver.

Let's not forget, in season trades rarely work out as there just isn't adequate time to develop chemistry or learn the system. But I'm sure the Jest/Geno will force the ball to Harvin, meaning probably more INTs for Geno.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

That's great and all, but his 1 actual TD for the year shouldn't have counted. He clearly stepped out of bounds on the run.

The guy has been all hype his entire career, never statistically coming close to a #1 receiver.

Let's not forget, in season trades rarely work out as there just isn't adequate time to develop chemistry or learn the system. But I'm sure the Jest/Geno will force the ball to Harvin, meaning probably more INTs for Geno.

At least they're trying to address their needs and get geno more targets. Unlike us who have a desperate need for quality guards, and aren't looking outside at all

He missed seven games with Minnesota in 2012 due to an ankle injury. he missed 15 last year for Seattle with a hip problem. currently he is questionable for Week 7 with a thigh injury. not to mention his recurring migraine headaches and previous concussions. nagging injury issues have caused him to miss or skip practice this year. Harvin is a difficult personality and has had confrontations with teammates (Russell Wilson) and dealt with anger issues.

has it been reported what round(s) the "conditional pick" is?

2-4

At least they're trying to address their needs and get geno more targets. Unlike us who have a desperate need for quality guards, and aren't looking outside at all

we actually don't know that he isn't looking outside for "quality guards." The issue is there are a lot of teams with injuries on the OL and everyone is still in playoff contention. There aren't many teams willing to trade a "quality guard" in week 7. They signed a guy in FA and then drafted one. One is on IR and the other is now starting. The problem IMO is they didn't spend more on that position in FA. Kim may be more willing this year.

harvin is a big wild card behaviorally. lets not forget he chokeslammed a coach in college, and was banned from high school athletics. and allegedly had to be separated from a near fight with coaches in minnesota.

it may just not make sense YET.

There was a nice dialogue on Moving the Chains yesterday. The speculation was his salary was too high for his production, and he still is having anger mgmt issues along with he's never made it a full season. I don't see him as a huge threat other than on special teams. MN moved on from him, Seattle has moved on from him when he was their big free agent acquisition. What does that tell you?

Regarding the Jets, they looked sharp as they just kept running on the Pats. I don't see the Jets being able to run on the Bills, so they will have to win with Geno's arm.

This actually is great news. The Jets are going to count on a player who rarely shows up and has the potential to unravel their locker room even more. They are pairing a diva WR with a fragile young QB who can't handle criticism. They are allocating $$ towards a player who is always injured. They are going to devise gameplans around a guy who may or may not show up every week.

There is nothing not to like about this - it's almost as good as when they brought in Tebow.

This actually is great news. The Jets are going to count on a player who rarely shows up and has the potential to unravel their locker room even more. They are pairing a diva WR with a fragile young QB who can't handle criticism. They are allocating $$ towards a player who is always injured. They are going to devise gameplans around a guy who may or may not show up every week.

There is nothing not to like about this - it's almost as good as when they brought in Tebow.

actually if they brought Tebow back they could have a little Florida NC reunion with Harvin, Nelson and Tim.

What difference does it make? Theyre already 1&6. They need to try new thing . And his contract after this year is not guaranteed, so theres little downside

If they were willing to spend upwards of 10 mill this year I wonder why they didn't sign a Starting caliber CB.

I suppose the calculation is that the Jets pay him the 6 and change for this year. He either works out and earns his salary or is cut. Looks like the guaranteed portion would be almost covered by the end of this year.

From PFT:

In the coming days, specific details undoubtedly will emerge regarding Harvin’s lack of chemistry in the locker room. As one source explained it to PFT on Friday evening, the Seahawks possibly feared that Harvin had sufficient influence over enough of the locker room to launch a mutiny against quarterback Rusell Wilson, who despite not yet getting a franchise-quarterback contract possibly has become the target of some resentment among players who don’t share his complete devotion to the game, and who regard the third-year quarterback as a player-coach.