How does St. Doug win you over?

It seems to be open season on St. Doug....

I asked in another thread, if he leads the Bills to a 5-3 record at the bye, setting up a huge AFC showdown with KC and a chance to go 6-3 and really make the 2nd 1/2 of the season interesting, would he STILL be almost universally reviled by Bills fans?

For me, to win me over he needs a 5-3 record at the bye, followed by a W against KC to go 6-3. Then I will feel that we're in good hands. How long has it been since November and December Bills games had any real excitement or meaning to them?

So I ask you, Bills fans: what does St. Doug need to do to win you over?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, after 2 years our O-line is a mess. I remember an interview last year he clearly said O-Line does not need chemistry to play well. Goes against everything every other coach says. This alone should get him the boot after this year. In the NFL its won in the trenches. If he cant coach the OL what can he coach up?

9-7 would be a good start. But how will he get from here to there? Something significant will have to change. He can't allow the offense to keep running the same three plays and get it done. He can't keep allowing such vanilla defensive schemes and get it done. He will have to assert himself and show leadership to change from the status quo. That will be how he will win me over.

Marrone needs to learn to get the "most" from his players. Marrone seems to be stubborn and bullheaded. Why would he deactivate one of the better WRs on his team in probably the most important game of the season? A WR born and bred in Buffalo that knows the importance of the Patriots game to the community. Why isn't he playing Kraig Urbik or even considering to try Kouandjio at the guard positions? Urbik can't be as bad as Pears/Richardson, could he?

He needs to continue building on what they have going now. He needs to keep the team together and playing hard when things get tough. This is only year two for him and if he can do that and continually improve then there is no doubt he deserves another year and hopefully many more. A winning record this year would be great.

I'm not too down on him at the moment. That could change if things don't look better the next two weeks. He really needs to win the next 2.

I'll stay with Saint Doug until this season breaks...which I likely will...but he could do ok.

9-7 would probably do it. But, more importantly, I want them to play good football. Call good plays, make good decisions, have good game plans. I want the coaches to put the best team on the field and not look like they are trying to out smart everyone. I would like our coaches to AT LEAST be equal to other coaches, I am tired of them bringing us down. It seems like the players have to play great to overcome the coaches short comings. This team has a lot of talent and the coaches don't know how to use it. I want them to look like an NFL caliber team.

Seriously, is this too much to ask?

Just the fact that he called himself Saint Doug without accomplishing anything ever shows he has an ego problem with NO reason to have one.

And his poor decision making proves it.

Edited by Manther