Winston may be doomed

Mr. WEO

I don't know what there is to buy, it sounds innocent enough. I don't think Winston is the terror most make him out to be. He's lost the court of public opinion but to my knowledge has never been proven guilty of anything worse than some free crab legs and a free refill. Hey maybe some NFL money is all he does need to stay out of trouble, he'll be able to afford all of the seafood and sugary soft drinks his heart desires.

Yes because tons of money normally cures stupid. :wallbash:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be disgusting if he gets drafted, although of course he will. Cue the gm and coach trotting out and saying how they believe in second chances ...

I have gradually come to hate college football.

Blame the ncaa for creating its own monster, not the players.

Yes because tons of money normally cures stupid. :wallbash:

And Winston does seem to be a special kind of stupid...

The kid makes Johnny Football look like a Rhodes Scholar...

At the absolute very least he seems to be tremendously immature...

@NFL_CFB: Jameis Winston's attorney accused of delaying hearing so QB can continue playing. http://t.co/ogUq6eTGqb http://t.co/0EJGw8ugFJ

He won't succeed. At this point FSU has realized they have a lot more to lose than a NCAA title run with Winston. They will be desperate to get this going and over with ASAP. I think he is in real trouble.

Not to sound like I am lighting my torch with a pitchfork in the other hand. In all the years, and all the scandals and accusations, can anybody name one D1 college player at a major program that served time for any sort of sexual assault? With 90 full scholarship, rosters over 100, with a ton of teams, over how many years. Just pure statistics claim that there should be a few who went to jail for it right?

Not to sound like I am lighting my torch with a pitchfork in the other hand. In all the years, and all the scandals and accusations, can anybody name one D1 college player at a major program that served time for any sort of sexual assault? With 90 full scholarship, rosters over 100, with a ton of teams, over how many years. Just pure statistics claim that there should be a few who went to jail for it right?

And there have been.

http://pwrfwd.net/2013/09/26/a-list-of-college-football-rape-cases/

I am not sure how you verify this so take it fwiw, but Winston is actually pretty book smart, but obviously makes questionable life decisions.

Let the process play out.

Exactly! For people to call him "dumb" is pure silly. Yes, he is very IMMATURE! I think he feels "ENTITLED" who's blame should fall on all the people who anticipated his super stardom. The guy learned to read defenses when he was 14 by himself. He is a winner and leader on the football field and I'd love to see him in a Bills uniform. Remember the other immature player that was run out of town now has a Super Bowl ring(Skittles).

Exactly! For people to call him "dumb" is pure silly. Yes, he is very IMMATURE! I think he feels "ENTITLED" who's blame should fall on all the people who anticipated his super stardom. The guy learned to read defenses when he was 14 by himself. He is a winner and leader on the football field and I'd love to see him in a Bills uniform. Remember the other immature player that was run out of town now has a Super Bowl ring(Skittles).

]

Even if he's a rapist?

Report: Jameis Winston will enter 2015 NFL draft, won't drop out of FSU

Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston will declare for the 2015 NFL Draft "no matter what happens in the second half of the season," according to a report from Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.

La Canfora also reports that Winston is not considering dropping out of FSU amid investigations into both a sexual assault case from 2012 and the authenticity of over 2,000 Winston autographs.

hes just got to survive 10 more weeks without any "conviction." he has little motivation to leave.

its FSU that should be worrying about their legacy, vacated wins and potential huge black eyes.

Well, as long as FSU has both both Tallahassee police and the zebras pulling for them, they should have no problems the rest of this season....

Free Shoes University could care less about that stuff. :)

If the FSU inquiry finds against him, he's done with football there, possibly expelled.

FSU will have no protection from the Title IX violations the US Dept of Ed is leveling at them. They will sacrifice Winston in a heartbeat, I think, as they are in deep with this case.