Winston may be doomed

Mr. WEO

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11694210/frequently-asked-questions-jameis-winston-florida-state-student-conduct-code-hearing

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11697064/florida-state-seminoles-look-jameis-winston-autographs

It's piling up now.

And it looks like FSU is going to get grilled but the Feds. Looks like a clear Title IX violation.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/jameis-winston-florida-state-tallahassee-police-hindered-investigation-documents-101014

Totally compromised "investigation". They are in for a rough ride over this debacle..My guess is that they will try to save themselves by putting the wood to Winston.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The autographs isn't a big deal, same thing Bridgewater, Clowney, Manziel dealt with last year. Johnny missed 30 minutes of a game, Teddy and Clowney nada. As for the hearing, might not ever happen. FSU is asking Winston defends HIMSELF with no lawyer able to speak on his behalf, Winston's lawyer will file an injunction. This will get strung out. Today on OTL Winston's attorney said they don't even know what the actual regulations for this 'hearing' will be, won't happen for weeks if at all.

Wonder what happens to that national championship and all the $$ behind it.

They are due to lose a lot more after the hammer falls--especially in the current environment. This smells far worse than the position the NFL has taken a beating over.

Wonder what happens to that national championship and all the $$ behind it.

The NCAA will men in black the entire country and say it never happened.

Or atleast that's what they think they can do.

"Vacating wins" is the stewpedest penalty ever.

The autographs isn't a big deal, same thing Bridgewater, Clowney, Manziel dealt with last year. Johnny missed 30 minutes of a game, Teddy and Clowney nada. As for the hearing, might not ever happen. FSU is asking Winston defends HIMSELF with no lawyer able to speak on his behalf, Winston's lawyer will file an injunction. This will get strung out. Today on OTL Winston's attorney said they don't even know what the actual regulations for this 'hearing' will be, won't happen for weeks if at all.

The autographs were authenticated by the same outfit that got Gurley suspended.

The FSU hearing is definitely going to happen. His lawyer cannot change this. There can be no injunctions as this is not a legal proceeding. The rules for the hearing are clear--an advisor for each student can be present but cannot speak for the student. That's how the system works--no different for Winston, except that FSU is bringing in outsiders to also sit in.

FSU is going to feel the heat from the Dept of Education--no way they don't have this hearing soon.

Edited by Mr. WEO

& yet Pryor was tarred & feathered. Never know how the NCAA will act.

The autographs were authenticated by the same outfit that got Gurley suspended.

The FSU is definitely going to happen. His lawyer cannot change this. There can be no injunctions as this is not a legal proceeding. The rules for the hearing are clear--an advisor for each student can be present but cannot speak for the student. That's how the system works--no different for Winston, except that FSU is bringing in outsiders to also sit in.

FSU is going to feel the heat from the Dept of Education--no way they don't have this hearing soon.

Not quite true, Winston's attorney is going to call out the fact that FSU has literally created new procedures to follow up on the allegations. That isn't going to fly.

Oh, and unlike the Todd Gurley situation, NOBODY has come forward and said Winston was paid for these autographs, which is where the violations lies. Read up

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/10/13/6971871/what-the-jameis-winston-autograph-investigation-means

Edited by The Bunk

I don't have the video but you can find it, the OTL segment today on ESPN outlines this whole thing really well.

The only thing different is that he hasn't been charged before the hearing. Sounds like they are giving him the benefit of the doubt there--he could easily be charged with multiple violations. His lawyer can't stop this. It's a school function and his school is now itself being investigated for the way they have botched and/or intentionally hindered this woman's claims or sexual assault. They aren't going to stop this.

Read up:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/jameis-winston-florida-state-tallahassee-police-hindered-investigation-documents-101014

Edited by Mr. WEO

The only thing different is that he hasn't been charged before the hearing. Sounds like they are giving him the benefit of the doubt there--he could easily be charged with multiple violations. His lawyer can't stop this. It's a school function and his school is now itself being investigated for the way they have botched and/or intentionally hindered this woman's claims or sexual assault. They aren't going to stop this.

Perhaps, but they may be able to delay it long enough for him to play this season out. And when it does happen according to his lawyer they are still sorting out what exactly they'll be allowed to say/show, ect. Lots happening here.

The best was when he got suspended for the entire Clemson game, but still showed up in full pads and uni. Fisher had to send him back to change. His wonderlic is going to be superfly.

According to Fisher this wasn't on Winston, Jimbo actually apologized to him. Full pads weren't supposed to be in locker, several football players have said they wear whatever is in the locker for them. Not sure that will be a big deal to NFL scouts.

Perhaps, but they may be able to delay it long enough for him to play this season out. And when it does happen according to his lawyer they are still sorting out what exactly they'll be allowed to say/show, ect. Lots happening here.

According to Fisher this wasn't on Winston, Jimbo actually apologized to him. Full pads weren't supposed to be in locker, several football players have said they wear whatever is in the locker for them. Not sure that will be a big deal to NFL scouts.

i don't buy it. He seems like a moron. Sorry.

i don't buy it. He seems like a moron. Sorry.

I don't know what there is to buy, it sounds innocent enough. I don't think Winston is the terror most make him out to be. He's lost the court of public opinion but to my knowledge has never been proven guilty of anything worse than some free crab legs and a free refill. Hey maybe some NFL money is all he does need to stay out of trouble, he'll be able to afford all of the seafood and sugary soft drinks his heart desires.

I don't know what there is to buy, it sounds innocent enough. I don't think Winston is the terror most make him out to be. He's lost the court of public opinion but to my knowledge has never been proven guilty of anything worse than some free crab legs and a free refill. Hey maybe some NFL money is all he does need to stay out of trouble, he'll be able to afford all of the seafood and sugary soft drinks his heart desires.

I think yolo called him dumb not criminal in the post. Do you think he's high iq?

i don't buy Jimbo's explanation. I think he's covering for him. I think he's stupid and makes poor decisions. JMO.