Winston may be doomed

Mr. WEO

Perhaps, but they may be able to delay it long enough for him to play this season out. And when it does happen according to his lawyer they are still sorting out what exactly they'll be allowed to say/show, ect. Lots happening here.

According to Fisher this wasn't on Winston, Jimbo actually apologized to him. Full pads weren't supposed to be in locker, several football players have said they wear whatever is in the locker for them. Not sure that will be a big deal to NFL scouts.

Form ESPN:

"Winston has until Friday to contact FSU's Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities to schedule an information hearing. We can probably assume that the information hearing won't take place until after Saturday's game against No. 5 Notre Dame in Tallahassee. During the information hearing, Winston will be told his rights and how the process of the hearing will take place. After that meeting is completed, the university must give him formal notice within five school days of the scheduled hearing date."

I don't know what there is to buy, it sounds innocent enough. I don't think Winston is the terror most make him out to be. He's lost the court of public opinion but to my knowledge has never been proven guilty of anything worse than some free crab legs and a free refill. Hey maybe some NFL money is all he does need to stay out of trouble, he'll be able to afford all of the seafood and sugary soft drinks his heart desires.

It's quite possible he raped someone.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't buy Jimbo's explanation. I think he's covering for him. I think he's stupid and makes poor decisions. JMO.

Fair enough. Though it was reported you could see Fisher approach and apologize to Jameis when he came back out minus his pads in the Clemson game. Maybe Jimbo knew the cameras were rolling lol.

Form ESPN:

"Winston has until Friday to contact FSU's Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities to schedule an information hearing. We can probably assume that the information hearing won't take place until after Saturday's game against No. 5 Notre Dame in Tallahassee. During the information hearing, Winston will be told his rights and how the process of the hearing will take place. After that meeting is completed, the university must give him formal notice within five school days of the scheduled hearing date."

It's quite possible he raped someone.

It is, but as of this moment it was investigated(And has been continued to be) and we have no charges. Last i knew we assumed innocence until guilt was proven, that's all i'm doing here.

No one else here thinks that the autograph infraction is intentional? I think these players are being advised to do this - get themselves suspended for benign reasons like signing autographs, to save their bodies for the NFL and the big $$ that follows. The NCAA system is dysfunctional and broken and I think these players are doing what they can to preserve their value for the NFL.

Fair enough. Though it was reported you could see Fisher approach and apologize to Jameis when he came back out minus his pads in the Clemson game. Maybe Jimbo knew the cameras were rolling lol.

It is, but as of this moment it was investigated(And has been continued to be) and we have no charges. Last i knew we assumed innocence until guilt was proven, that's all i'm doing here.

As he's not in court and we aren't jurors either I don't think he's afforded those legal standards

The pout was that it wasn't investigated. His lawyer was tipped off about the allegation before the DA. His lawyer "interviewed" key witnesses before the the authorities did. The police conducted a sham of an investigation--it's hard to prove anything when you aren't asking any questions. Everyone is in trouble for this one...

Edited by Mr. WEO

The pout was that it wasn't investigated. His lawyer was tipped off about the allegation before the DA. His lawyer "interviewed" key witnesses before the the authorities did. The police conducted a sham of an investigation--it's hard to prove anything when you aren't asking any questions. Everyone is in trouble for this one...

The alleged victim didn't even say that Casher and Darby were witnesses to the rape or failed to save her during the rape. Jameis probably said these two were there, they can back me up. The attorney gets to them ASAP and gets a written statement. The alleged victim was also asked by the school(Originally said police, my mistake)for 20 months to come forward and she didn't. Again, this is all according to Winston's attorney.

Edited by The Bunk

He'll slide in the draft, probably dramatically. In the long run it'll be good for him. Obviously the advantages he's been handed because of his athleticism have him thinking he's untouchable, this will humble him. If he went early in the first round he'd get paid and keep acting like an idiot. This way to he carrot keeps getting dangled in front of him. At a low enough investment (5th?) I'd love to draft him now, and I had NO interest in him as a #1 pick.

The alleged victim didn't even say that Casher and Darby were witnesses to the rape or failed to save her during the rape. Jameis probably said these two were there, they can back me up. The attorney gets to them ASAP and gets a written statement. The alleged victim was also asked by police for 20 months to come forward and she didn't. Again, this is all according to Winston's attorney.

His lawyer blows a lot of smoke.

"Daniel Wallach, an appellate attorney with the Fort Lauderdale-based law firm of Becker & Poliakoff, P.A., agrees. “It would be highly unusual for a Florida judge to prevent an administrative hearing from occurring,” Wallach tells SI.com, “much less interfere with it while it is ongoing.” Wallach further notes that “courts typically do not review administrative proceedings -- which is what a state university disciplinary hearing essentially is -- until they are final and concluded. It would be shocking to me if a state court judge would enjoin these disciplinary proceedings before they even began."

Wallach doubts Winston could even satisfy the requirements of a temporary injunction, especially the requirement that it be in the public’s interest. “It is precisely in the public interest, “ Wallach contends, “to have FSU conduct and complete such an investigation."

Edited by Mr. WEO

His lawyer blows a lot of smoke.

"Daniel Wallach, an appellate attorney with the Fort Lauderdale-based law firm of Becker & Poliakoff, P.A., agrees. “It would be highly unusual for a Florida judge to prevent an administrative hearing from occurring,” Wallach tells SI.com, “much less interfere with it while it is ongoing.” Wallach further notes that “courts typically do not review administrative proceedings -- which is what a state university disciplinary hearing essentially is -- until they are final and concluded. It would be shocking to me if a state court judge would enjoin these disciplinary proceedings before they even began."

Wallach doubts Winston could even satisfy the requirements of a temporary injunction, especially the requirement that it be in the public’s interest. “It is precisely in the public interest, “ Wallach contends, “to have FSU conduct and complete such an investigation."

Lawyers do that. You hire David Cornwell to fight. There is also the claim that the alleged victim tried to extort him, that's still out there as well. Look i don't know what happened, but i'm not sure this will end Jameis' college career unless that's the decision he makes himself.

Lawyers do that. You hire David Cornwell to fight. There is also the claim that the alleged victim tried to extort him, that's still out there as well. Look i don't know what happened, but i'm not sure this will end Jameis' college career unless that's the decision he makes himself.

Seems to me that FSU (or their AD, at least) took this allegation seriously enough to go completely outside of all rules for this type of allegation in order to shield Winston.

To be found guilty, the threshold of doubt is far lower than in a court of law. The only way out is for him to drop out of FSU. Even in that case, he will still facd the inevitable civil suit, which, if it goes forward, could produce evidence that would allow the DA to re-open a criminal case against him.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Seems to me that FSU (or their AD, at least) took this allegation seriously enough to go completely outside of all rules for this type of allegation in order to shield Winston.

To be found guilty, the threshold of doubt is far lower than in a court of law. The only way out is for him to drop out of FSU. Even in that case, he will still facd the inevitable civil suit, which, if it goes forward, could produce evidence that would allow the DA to re-open a criminal case against him.

Right, but this case has been such a complete and utter mess, i'm not even sure there would ever be enough out there for a charge.

Right, but this case has been such a complete and utter mess, i'm not even sure there would ever be enough out there for a charge.

There's about to be a lot more. The woman's attorney will subpeona everyone--as well as the FSU hearing transcripts. A de facto investigation will be held by her team as part of her suit against Winston, FSU and the Police.

No one else here thinks that the autograph infraction is intentional? I think these players are being advised to do this - get themselves suspended for benign reasons like signing autographs, to save their bodies for the NFL and the big $$ that follows. The NCAA system is dysfunctional and broken and I think these players are doing what they can to preserve their value for the NFL.

Isn't that what they're saying Gurley did?

The only thing different is that he hasn't been charged before the hearing. Sounds like they are giving him the benefit of the doubt there--he could easily be charged with multiple violations. His lawyer can't stop this. It's a school function and his school is now itself being investigated for the way they have botched and/or intentionally hindered this woman's claims or sexual assault. They aren't going to stop this.

Read up:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/jameis-winston-florida-state-tallahassee-police-hindered-investigation-documents-101014

Did he rev his engine too??