Mike Williams exploring trade

jwolf02

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TX Bills Fan, I kind of read right through that the first time around. Now that I see it again, I agree -- MW or his agent are probably complaining that he's not being used like the #1 receiver he is, and Whaley is calling b.s. -- "if you're a #1, let's see what other teams out there are willing to trade #1 receiver type value for you, hah, hah." So I'm settling on it's a little of both -- Williams is unhappy, the Bills are not real happy with him, and everyone would just as soon undo that signing the first chance they get.

Yep, and don't get me wrong, if I'm Whaley I want to say the same thing or worse, I just think he needs to show more restraint.

I think Williams is just frustrated with the role he's got. He was still growing up in Buffalo when the Pats started beating the Bills all the time, and I think he wanted to play in this game even more than others.

What's going on now is adjustments following the injury to Easley, which means Hogan is needed on STs. So Hogan is the guy after Watkins, Woods, and Goodwin. If Williams was great on STs he'd probably be playing.. Instead of a fifth WR the Bills put in three TE sets, which makes sense considering the rotten play from their guards. I don't think this is meant as a slap at Williams at least not very much.

Very disappointing, had big hopes for him here, seems like he's done and said all the right things. I get he's frustrated with not getting the ball, but its a long season. The passing game is improving, although the running game tanked, seems worth waiting it out from his standpoint.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already...but Rodak said that the nameplate was taken off of Mike Williams locker at some point on Sunday. The 6 other inactives on the roster still had their lockers and nameplates. I would have to think that would have been Mike Williams doing...but who knows? I can understand his frustration. The guy has performed at a very high level in the NFL, and has been a very productive player. While it is true he has had his off the field problems, lets' not forget, the Bucs, just last season, viewed him as a #1 receiver, and gave him a pretty nice contract, based on his performance. The reasons he is no longer a Buc have to do with off the field issues, not performance.

hes, publicly, been a pretty good cheerleader/teammate..... hopefully behind the scenes matches.

heck, maybe his agent helps prevent future boneheaded choices like deactivating him by stepping up to the plate here.

thats what I read in to this.

Nothing more. Anyone valuing him now more then the Spring is not likely.

yet another epic fail.

Can't wait till Pegula purges these cancers from the organization.

Yeah, losing that 6th round pick to take a chance on a former #1 1,000 yard receiver is really going to set this club back for years. :rolleyes:

The linked AP article says Williams is guaranteed $5.2 million next year. We simply can't afford that. Forget draft picks or players in return -- this was a dumb signing from the start, a salary dump to undo the contract damage is worth it even if the only thing we get in return is added payroll flexibility for next year.

His contract states "2015 Salary Guarantees on 3rd league day of 2015". Cutting him before then costs us $0 and no cap hit. We also could renegotiate the contract if we want to keep him.

Bills are under the cap, but there's a reason they're under the cap -- they don't want to spend more on payroll than they're already spending! So it's always about money. It's probably also about Williams being unhappy about usage, but I think the Bills are doing the right thing here in using Sammy-Woods-Goodwin-Hogan as the top 4, and if they expand Orton's pass catching options I'd like to see Gragg get those chances. Mike Williams just doesn't add much, and when your value to the team is grossly exceeded by your contract value, this is what naturally happens.

The Frankish Reich, let me introduce you to Mr. Pegula. Mr. Pegula, The Frankish Reich. Nuff said.

Having the Caveman as a healthy scratch against the Cheats made zero, zip, nada, sense. Marrone is proving to be an amateur in a professional's game. If he'd won, I'd be OK with it. But not having the team ready to play, the inablility or unwillingness to throw to Sammy, this benching, the statement that he had no input to Schwartz's decision to sideline Mario and Jerry on the Cheats last drive, etc., all show that Marrone is not in control. I hope Mike can stay after Marrone is fired. If not, all the best to you Caveman.