Can we start the Rex Ryan watch?

I have a foot fetish for Rex Ryan and I'm beginning to think that my fantasy just might become reality.

The Jets are 1-5 and Ryan is widely believed to be done at season's end unless the Jets miraculously turn things around, which is extremely unlikely given the state of their roster.

Rex Ryan can flat out coach. His players love him, he can out-scheme anyone in the league from a defensive standpoint, knows how to beat Brady, and is just the sort of brash, confident, ultra-competitive and professional/competent sideline manager that we've been pining for since ... forever.

Rex would also be anointed king in Buffalo - he looks like the kind of guy you'd find at the end of the bar on Hertel Street at either 3 a.m. or even 3 p.m. He'd instantly make the Bills relevant, exciting, confident, and competitive. He'd make defense the strength, and with the personnel we already have in place, he'd make our defense dominant.

IMO, Rex Ryan is one of the best coaches in the league and we can't pass up the opportunity to get him here this offseason.

For those who would hold his offensive track record against him, it has been well-documented that Rex has had little say over the personnel on the offensive side of the ball, including the QB (he doesn't even have control over which QB plays). While his choice of offensive coordinators over the years does concern me, I'd hope we could pair him with someone more competent than Nate Hackett - in fact, anyone would be an upgrade over Hacket.

So in sum, my fantasy is that the Pegulas hire a consultant who evaluates the roster and organization and realizes that Marrone and Hackett are not at the level of competence that it takes to be elite; Marrone is sent packing, and the Bills pounce on the opportunity to bring in one of the best coaches in the league, one who would just happen to have an axe to grind with our division rivals who just canned him.

Please let this happen.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather hire back Jauron than Ryan. Ryan as a DC if Schwartz goes next year, sure. Absolutely no way do I bring in a guy that can't back up his talk and ends up making him and his team looking like a complete joke

I guarantee you that Rex is thought of around the league as one of the best coaches in the business.

I have a foot fetish for Rex Ryan and I'm beginning to think that my fantasy just might become reality.

The Jets are 1-5 and Ryan is widely believed to be done at season's end unless the Jets miraculously turn things around, which is extremely unlikely given the state of their roster.

Rex Ryan can flat out coach. His players love him, he can out-scheme anyone in the league from a defensive standpoint, knows how to beat Brady, and is just the sort of brash, confident, ultra-competitive and professional/competent sideline manager that we've been pining for since ... forever.

Rex would also be anointed king in Buffalo - he looks like the kind of guy you'd find at the end of the bar on Hertel Street at either 3 a.m. or even 3 p.m. He'd instantly make the Bills relevant, exciting, confident, and competitive. He'd make defense the strength, and with the personnel we already have in place, he'd make our defense dominant.

IMO, Rex Ryan is one of the best coaches in the league and we can't pass up the opportunity to get him here this offseason.

For those who would hold his offensive track record against him, it has been well-documented that Rex has had little say over the personnel on the offensive side of the ball, including the QB (he doesn't even have control over which QB plays). While his choice of offensive coordinators over the years does concern me, I'd hope we could pair him with someone more competent than Nate Hackett - in fact, anyone would be an upgrade over Hacket.

So in sum, my fantasy is that the Pegulas hire a consultant who evaluates the roster and organization and realizes that Marrone and Hackett are not at the level of competence that it takes to be elite; Marrone is sent packing, and the Bills pounce on the opportunity to bring in one of the best coaches in the league, one who would just happen to have an axe to grind with our division rivals who just canned him.

Please let this happen.

Agree 100 percent. He will not kiss Belichick's ring, that's for sure.

I think Rex talked himself out of his next job as an HC. What Rex are you getting if you hire him as a HC? The Rex with bravado that believes he will bully the entire league or this dead man walking coaching a soulless team. If his players love to play for him they're doing a heck of a job to get him fired.

He's one hell of a DC, so he will have a job in this league.

Rex is a great coach, living in New Orleans I couldn't help but fantasize about rob Ryan turning the saints d into something elite (which hasn't happen) and him somehow bring hired on to coach the bills if Marrone and co fail.

I want to root for Doug Marrone but through 1 1/4 seasons he hasn't been all that impressive.the offense line has been a reck and that was so pose to be his speciality. His game managment isn't up to par and his biggest mistake so far has been hiring on Hackett as a first year nfl coordinator to not only runThe offense but to coach a rookie 1st round qb. The trouble with spiller is somehthing I still can't get my head around either.

With all that being said if Schwartz leaves for greener pastures at the end if the year and Marrone isn't fired I wonder if Rex would come be the d coordinator. Or if Marrone is fired I wouldn't mind Rex as a hc IF the right offensive coordinator is brought in. With our d and Rex as coach we could ride that side of the ball To the playoffs. Rex with the players we have on d would be a FORCE to be reckoned with. Only question is who do we bring in to coach the other side of the ball??

Please let this happen.

Our current roster is shaped very similar to what Rex Ryan took to two AFC championship games.