Spiller trade talk is absurd

Whaley is already talking to his agent and its obvious what will happen IMO. We will offer the number based on his production ( on a 5 tier rating system something like 3.5 or basically above average but not workhorse allpro potential money). They will think he's worth more and we probably would let him walk. I also think its not his fault, that would be our Oline and more specifically the guard positions. With two better guards on the team this thread doesn't exist. There is a reason we brought in Bryce Brown folks and that reason was to push Spiller to perform to expectations or replace him if he doesn't meet expectations and allow him to walk. While I do think this is what will happen, I really want to keep Spiller on the team. He could be a great third down back and I wish they would use CJ and Fred the complete opposite of how they do now. For the record I don't think Fred has more than 1 or 2 years left and I also think that Fred is better with CJ in tandem.

He could be? I think it's doubtful that Spiller improves one iota for the rest of his career. He's peaked, and will only get worse as he takes more of a beating. I'd rather lose a guy a year early, than keep a guy a year too long.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a pretty simple fix !! Get a OC that has some experience on how to use the talent he has

available .

Can you imagine this offense say with J. Gruden, Brian Schottenhiemer ,Frank Reich as the OC instead of Daddy wanta B Hackett ??

The guy just doesn't have the experience ! Then when you put Orton in as QB for God sake he has more time in shower shoes in a NFL offense than Hackett has in total time spent in the NFL ...

Hell he didn't even play in the NFL so he doesn't even have that experience !! Below is Hacketts resume . WOO HOO !!!

2003 University of California, Davis

(Assistant Linebackers Coach)

2003 Stanford University

(Offensive Assistant)

2004 Stanford University

(Coordinator's Assistant)

2005 Stanford University

(Recruiting Coordinator)

2006 & 2007 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

(Offensive Quality Control)

2008 & 2009 Buffalo Bills

(Offensive Quality Control)

2010 Syracuse University

(Quarterbacks/Tight Ends)

2011 & 2012 Syracuse University

(Offensive Coordinator)

2013 to Present Buffalo Bills

(Offensive Coordinator)

Edited by T master

I've always liked Spiller. But all this "they're not using him right" crap is getting old. If he was as great as people want to make him out to be, he'd find a way to make plays. You don't hear people complaining that guys like Forte, Lynch, Foster, Le'vian Bell, Murray, Gore, Freddie, Lacy, or McCoy "aren't being used right." They're getting their yards one way or another because they're good RBs. Some are elusive, some plow right through people, but they all find ways to be more productive than CJ Spiller.

First of all, no matter how good a player, any team will make a trade if the terms are right.

And on that note, interesting you should mention Lynch. Two thousand-yard seasons in B'lo getting 4+ ypc. Had some trouble, suspended 3 games, not as productive when he returned and benched for FredEx. Crap player, let's trade him to Seattle for a tea cup and a can of Spam.

Ever since then, 1200 yds a season and 4+ yds per carry has been his WORST season.

Maybe the team around him and the scheme make a difference?

Last night, watching the Texans, I was amazed by Arian Foster. My Gawd what vision of the field. Talk about a guy who can find a way to make plays.

Edited by Hopeful

He has been completely misused by Hackett. CJ needs the ball in space where he can use moves and breakaway speed. It's that simple. The Freddy worship is over the top. Fred is not a threat to score from anywhere on the field. Both backs have unique gifts and if we had an offensive cooridinator he would exploit them.

It IS absurd, but not for the reasons that you mention.

Spiller is a situational running back who is no longer young. He is all but one dimensional, whereas he can occasionally break a long one. The list of things he cannot do (including score touchdowns on any consistent level) is far longer.

Additionally, his contract is almost up. Toss in the fact that good running backs can be acquired as late round picks and he is all but worthless in terms of trade value.

The Bills are better off keeping him around for this season and hoping for any production than letting him go for a 7th round pick.

Rushing?

Oh yes, I forgot RB's can catch but it doesn't really count.

Go ahead and keep claiming that the guy on the Bills who leads in receptions, YPC ignoring outliers, YPG, first downs and YAC, as well as being second in 20+ yard gains, and TD's all at the age of 33 is overrated. Please.

http://espn.go.com/n...f/buffalo-bills

Edited by FireChan

First of all, no matter how good a player, any team will make a trade if the terms are right.

And on that note, interesting you should mention Lynch. Two thousand-yard seasons in B'lo getting 4+ ypc. Had some trouble, suspended 3 games, not as productive when he returned and benched for FredEx. Crap player, let's trade him to Seattle for a tea cup and a can of Spam.

Ever since then, 1200 yds a season and 4+ yds per carry has been his WORST season.

Maybe the team around him and the scheme make a difference?

Last night, watching the Texans, I was amazed by Arian Foster. My Gawd what vision of the field. Talk about a guy who can find a way to make plays.

They can and do. But so can being one strike away from being tossed for a year. I'm glad Lynch seems to have grown up. I'm really glad it's not in Buffalo.

GO BILLS!!!

I've always liked Spiller. But all this "they're not using him right" crap is getting old. If he was as great as people want to make him out to be, he'd find a way to make plays. You don't hear people complaining that guys like Forte, Lynch, Foster, Le'vian Bell, Murray, Gore, Freddie, Lacy, or McCoy "aren't being used right."

Isn't that exactly what they are saying about LeSean McCoy in combination with the Eagles O line? I wonder what they would say if they ran Sproles repeatedly up the middle.

Lynch is likely a cap casualty in Seattle in 2015.

Bryce brown was brought in as an insurance policy if Spiller walks.

Remember if a Spiller walks buffalo could get a comp pick that likely is 2nd or 3rd round. You don't trade him for a 6th.

Lynch is likely a cap casualty in Seattle in 2015.

Bryce brown was brought in as an insurance policy if Spiller walks.

Remember if a Spiller walks buffalo could get a comp pick that likely is 2nd or 3rd round. You don't trade him for a 6th.

2nd or 3rd might be a reach, but this is an absolutely great point that you make!