Spiller trade talk is absurd

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has been completely misused by Hackett. CJ needs the ball in space where he can use moves and breakaway speed. It's that simple. The Freddy worship is over the top. Fred is not a threat to score from anywhere on the field. Both backs have unique gifts and if we had an offensive cooridinator he would exploit them.

Why to all the CJ lovers say "he's a threat to score from anywhere on the field". That's simply not true. He never has and never will be that home run threat people say he is. He get 30-40 yard runs, but he doesn't "score from anywhere" like Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson used to do.

Why to all the CJ lovers say "he's a threat to score from anywhere on the field". That's simply not true. He never has and never will be that home run threat people say he is. He get 30-40 yard runs, but he doesn't "score from anywhere" like Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson used to do.

his 12 TDs from the RB position over 4+ years is proof of that. But these people don't like stats very much. They would much rather rely on excuses and possible potential as long as the defense lets CJ go uncovered for the first 15 yards.

You never know, Jacksonville would give a 4 at least IMO. Maybe even the Saints, he might be very productive in that offense. It's unlikely a trade of any kind will happen, but I am sure there are teams that would consider it...

There are zero 4th on the table for Spiller.

No one wants a RB that can't follow blocks.

Plus there will be two Free Agent RBs in 2015 that will get a lot of attention, Adrian Peterson and Ray Rice.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Wouldn't it be nice if Hackett was saving CJ for this Patriots game? There could be all kinds of plays he was saving for the Pats, it makes sense. It'd be nice to see some of them involve CJ.

The mastermind Hackett has been keeping his super secret Spiller playbook tucked away for the last year and a half just for this very moment.

I wish I could have been a fly on that wall.

"CJ we're going to make you ineffective and borderline embarrassing for us the first season and a half. I want you to pretend to have terrible vision and go down on first contact everytime. None of this breaking tackles stuff. You're not Fred Jackson. Then, when we play the Pats week 6 in 2014 that's when we'll cut you loose. Until then be patient and keep running into the backs of your o-line."

Edited by Bangarang

For all of you guys that think you are qualified to criticize CJ, I suggest that you listen to Thurman's take on CJ from the John Murphy show - that is, unless you think that Thurman is not qualified to comment.

It is on demand from the October 8th show.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/audio/Thurman_Thomas_Im_so_pumped_about_it/f13eccdc-661d-46c6-8e6f-01c2f2b7e1d1

For all of you guys that think you are qualified to criticize CJ, I suggest that you listen to Thurman's take on CJ from the John Murphy show - that is, unless you think that Thurman is not qualified to comment.

It is on demand from the October 8th show.

http://www.buffalobi...6f-01c2f2b7e1d1

That's exactly what I think. I'd be willing to put money that I've watched more All-22 on Spiller than Thurman has.

lets say the Bills did trade Spiller.

Fred is hurt ...

Now what do you do?

The running game has changed a little since Thurman played 20 years ago.

there were games where I could recite this on most drives and I'd have been correct 90% of the time

hand-off to Thurman Thomas, hand-off to Thurman Thomas, pass to Thurman Thomas,

lets say the Bills did trade Spiller.

Fred is hurt ...

Now what do you do?

Activate Bryce Brown and actually use Anthony Dixon. I still think Jackson plays Sunday but either way it's not like we don't have options. RBs are interchangeable these days anyway.

How about I just ignore your idiotic posts. That sounds better/less creepy.

that is the smart play.

you learn who to ignore over time

Activate Bryce Brown and actually use Anthony Dixon. I still think Jackson plays Sunday but either way it's not like we don't have options. RBs are interchangeable these days anyway.

well ..... most of them are

that is the smart play.

you learn who to ignore over time

well ..... most of them are

There are a few still that aren't interchangeable and I'd consider Fred to be one of them. I don't want to think about this offense without him because that's just too depressing.

Edited by Bangarang