The Walking Dead Return

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only 3 episodes left in the FIRST HALF of the season! I don't know why they do that ridiculous "mid-season break" until sometime in January or so every year. That's the only thing I hate about this show!

I have no proof of this, but I always suspected it was because they dont want to try to compete with late season nfl prime time games and the playoffs. They usually end around week 14 and come back after the Super Bowl so the timing makes sense for my hypothesis.

That makes sense. But that's what a DVR is for. I always record it and watch it at 10 anyway because I'm too impatient to wait through commercials. :lol:

that's why it's best to watch Homeland live and as soon as it's over switch over to The Dead

I have no proof of this, but I always suspected it was because they dont want to try to compete with late season nfl prime time games and the playoffs. They usually end around week 14 and come back after the Super Bowl so the timing makes sense for my hypothesis.

It seems like all of the big time cable shows follow the half season format now, especially on AMC. Each of their big three shows moved to that format right around the same time, once it was successful for Breaking Bad.

Utopia just got cancelled!!

LOL

Rosita and Beth? I could be down for that!

that messes up the Daryl/Carol/Beth love triangle theories

mid season breaks allow for holidays and other BIG TV media events.

They don't want you to DVR because they want you to watch the commercials

AMC trashing DirecTV and DirecTV trashing AMC over prices

It seems like all of the big time cable shows follow the half season format now, especially on AMC. Each of their big three shows moved to that format right around the same time, once it was successful for Breaking Bad.

The did it with "Breaking Bad", and AMC scored huge with it...so now they are doing it with pretty much all their shows. it gives them months to hype "half-season finales" and "season finale" stuff. Blu-ray/DVD/streaming releases of half seasons, rather than whole seasons, gets the die-hards to shell out a few more bucks. I don't have a problem with it for most shows..though I think it has killed a "thinker" show like "Mad Men".

Edited by Buftex

According to a friend who reads the comics - Abraham went out on a supply run, and all the people in the store raped his wife and daughter and he comes back and goes beast mode and violently kills all the men - and his family, instead of being grateful, are scared of who he has become and leave home.....I hope they get eaten horribly by walkers

According to a friend who reads the comics - Abraham went out on a supply run, and all the people in the store raped his wife and daughter and he comes back and goes beast mode and violently kills all the men - and his family, instead of being grateful, are scared of who he has become and leave home.....I hope they get eaten horribly by walkers

Yeah, I think someone said they mentioned it on the Talking Dead as well. But very very poorly portrayed in that episode, it would have made much more sense seeing the fear in his family. Hell, if it weren't for the kid with the red hair, you wouldn't really know it was his family. Maybe they believe everyone's watching TD for clarification...

Yeah, I think someone said they mentioned it on the Talking Dead as well. But very very poorly portrayed in that episode, it would have made much more sense seeing the fear in his family. Hell, if it weren't for the kid with the red hair, you wouldn't really know it was his family. Maybe they believe everyone's watching TD for clarification...

Oh I must have missed that in the thread - my apologies

Agree about poorly portrayed on the show....even having him stumble in on the group of guys around his wife/daughter and then showing his face, then back to real time, next flash back showing them all dead like they did and him bloody, next flash back his terrified family cowering from him- something more than what they did

The past two eps have been major let downs after the beginning of this season - almost feels like same ole walking dead now....they just let some story lines linger too much, but then again, I don't want it to turn into sons of anarchy rapid chase scenes and violence and then music montage every episode because that gets repetitive - there has to be a happy medium

did you watch the episode? or is thsi a comment only to the comic book?

they were scared of him after bashing in the guys brains with a can of soup, while he was sleeping in the store, she left him a note that said don't come looking for us.

and as he left the store he say that

They were eaten.......

did you watch the episode? or is thsi a comment only to the comic book?

they were scared of him after bashing in the guys brains with a can of soup, while he was sleeping in the store, she left him a note that said don't come looking for us.

and as he left the store he say that

They were eaten.......

oh no im basing it on the show, and i obviously am a dumbass and forgot that is totally what happened to them hahahaha...thank you sir, im glad they met the demise I was hoping for

And to make it worse, the people in the store were formerly their neighbors who they trusted.

Now I want to go back an re-watch this episode, especially that scene! maybe after the game tonight. Thinking more about it, I find it interesting the Abe is so cautious and protective of the mullet, he even has someone check him for wounds at one point. But by the end of the show, he is willing to go through a mega herd of walkers in order to get to DC faster. Seems like he was starting to unravel, but this latest news will push him over the edge. I still think Washington is the destination. Rick's crew is supposed to meet up with them there. So I am thinking maybe they head back to find Rick, but they are already gone. Crap, need to do work, thinking too much about this....

The falling van seemed to defy gravity. When it starts falling it's going front first, but then it lands on its bottom. Given that all the weight is in the front (engine, people) there's no way it would land that way. It would either land on its front or flip over and land on its roof.

And how did the walkers get suck in the tents and sleeping bags? They had to be in them before they died.

Maybe they died in the tents. of starvation or something maybe.

Something related to the napalm strikes in Atlanta? Could they have been close enough to cause some smoke issues or something?

But yeah, the van fall was pretty bad. They totally booted that one.