Don't get your hopes up...

3-2 Bills vs. 3-2 Pats*. We've been here before,Bills fans. A chance to prove that this years squad is "different" from years past. I am hopeful, but im not getting sucked in again, and here's why:

2003: Opening day. Beat Brady and the Pats down 31-0. Finish the season 6-10, losing 31-0 in Foxborough in week 17.

2004: 9-6, heading into a week 17 catchup vs. PIT 3Rd stringers, with a playoff spot on the line. Loss.

2011: Start 3-0 after finally ending the Pats dominating streak after falling behind 21-0. Finish 6-10.

Look, I hate to be the guy looking at the glass half empty here, but we've seen this before. Hope im wrong...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3-2 Bills vs. 3-2 Pats*. We've been here before,Bills fans. A chance to prove that this years squad is "different" from years past. I am hopeful, but im not getting sucked in again, and here's why:

2003: Opening day. Beat Brady and the Pats down 31-0. Finish the season 6-10, losing 31-0 in Foxborough in week 17.

2004: 9-6, heading into a week 17 catchup vs. PIT 3Rd stringers, with a playoff spot on the line. Loss.

2011: Start 3-0 after finally ending the Pats dominating streak after falling behind 21-0. Finish 6-10.

Look, I hate to be the guy looking at the glass half empty here, but we've seen this before. Hope im wrong...

Actually, if you hated to be the guy looking at the glass half empty you would not have started this post. In fact, it's a public admission that you are in fact, the guy who adores looking at the glass half empty. :nana:

How about something a little more relevant:

This is not the 2003, 2004 or 2011 Patriots team; nor is it the 2003, 2004 or 2011 Bills team.

The Bills are better, and the Pats are worse, than their respective teams in those years.

If the Bills lose on Sunday, it will have nothing to do with the past. It will be because they scored less points than the Patriots on Sunday.

If you can't get your hopes up what is the point of being a fan? It is worth the risk of getting your heart torn out. Not this time though. It is going to be a beat down. All the frustration of 14 years is going to be channelled right through the defensive line and the middle of their offensive line.

The stadium will cheer the loudest when Garoppolo starts taking practice reps in the fourth quarter just like Strock when the Bills stopped Marino's TD streak.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1987-11-30/sports/8702080906_1_marino-isn-t-james-pruitt-streak

Man, I had forgotten about all of those years. Now I will be sure to not get excited this Sunday....because of what happened in 2003.

And if we make it to the playoffs this year I will make sure to not get excited because of what happened in 1999.

And if we happen to make it to the Super Bowl this year I will make sure not to get too excited because of what happened in 1991.

Look, all im saying, as a true fan, is that we have a ton of talent on this team. However, we also have a ton of stuff we need to clean up (penalties) and a ton of stuff we need to get better at before I seriously consider this team different. We coaxed an old man, who yes, played well Sunday, to save our floundering QB situation. We have a 33 year old RB, who overshadows the "dynamic" CJ Spiller and his constant, dancing 5 yard losses. Yes, the Bills are 3-2, but certainly not without our flaws. Think we can all agree on that...

Are you just mad you missed the game after you shut the TV off in the 1Q?

Look, all im saying, as a true fan, is that we have a ton of talent on this team. However, we also have a ton of stuff we need to clean up (penalties) and a ton of stuff we need to get better at before I seriously consider this team different. We coaxed an old man, who yes, played well Sunday, to save our floundering QB situation. We have a 33 year old RB, who overshadows the "dynamic" CJ Spiller and his constant, dancing 5 yard losses. Yes, the Bills are 3-2, but certainly not without our flaws. Think we can all agree on that...

Do you watch any other NFL games? What team doesn't have weaknesses? People like you have absurd expectations like only perfect teams win. Playing Madden doesn't qualify you as a football expert.