Don't get your hopes up...

Don't get your hopes up? That is literally the only thing Bills fans can do! Of course the Bills can lose on Sunday. We HOPE they will win. How can there be any other way? If your hopes aren't up, you're doing it wrong.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Sure. But if your going to be a baby about it and think that we can't play at our own home crowd against another team for the sole lead in the division. Then why are you bothering being a fan? The Pats fans most likely aren't saying, well, were just 3-2 and were going up against the Bills. We can't even compete. It's gonna be just like 2 weeks ago in KC.

Look, all im saying, as a true fan, is that we have a ton of talent on this team. However, we also have a ton of stuff we need to clean up (penalties) and a ton of stuff we need to get better at before I seriously consider this team different. We coaxed an old man, who yes, played well Sunday, to save our floundering QB situation. We have a 33 year old RB, who overshadows the "dynamic" CJ Spiller and his constant, dancing 5 yard losses. Yes, the Bills are 3-2, but certainly not without our flaws. Think we can all agree on that...

old man? He's 31. Who the heck said they were without flaws? They just need to win the damn game. Edited by YoloinOhio

3-2 Bills vs. 3-2 Pats*. We've been here before,Bills fans. A chance to prove that this years squad is "different" from years past. I am hopeful, but im not getting sucked in again, and here's why:

2003: Opening day. Beat Brady and the Pats down 31-0. Finish the season 6-10, losing 31-0 in Foxborough in week 17.

2004: 9-6, heading into a week 17 catchup vs. PIT 3Rd stringers, with a playoff spot on the line. Loss.

2011: Start 3-0 after finally ending the Pats dominating streak after falling behind 21-0. Finish 6-10.

Look, I hate to be the guy looking at the glass half empty here, but we've seen this before. Hope im wrong...

Thank God i read this post, I was just starting to have hope....Phew....back to earth...

I think the OP is getting some unwarranted flack. Simple fact of the matter is, until we get over the NE* hump, we haven't proved anything. Regardless of where we are now vs. then, regardless of where they are now vs. then, we MUST beat them. It's very similar to when Miami was in that seat back in the day. Are we a team built to win the division or not? I'd like to think so, but I need to see it first.

GO BILLS!!!

3-2 Bills vs. 3-2 Pats*. We've been here before,Bills fans. A chance to prove that this years squad is "different" from years past. I am hopeful, but im not getting sucked in again, and here's why:

2003: Opening day. Beat Brady and the Pats down 31-0. Finish the season 6-10, losing 31-0 in Foxborough in week 17.

2004: 9-6, heading into a week 17 catchup vs. PIT 3Rd stringers, with a playoff spot on the line. Loss.

2011: Start 3-0 after finally ending the Pats dominating streak after falling behind 21-0. Finish 6-10.

Look, I hate to be the guy looking at the glass half empty here, but we've seen this before. Hope im wrong...

Go.....away.

Look, all im saying, as a true fan, is that we have a ton of talent on this team. However, we also have a ton of stuff we need to clean up (penalties) and a ton of stuff we need to get better at before I seriously consider this team different. We coaxed an old man, who yes, played well Sunday, to save our floundering QB situation. We have a 33 year old RB, who overshadows the "dynamic" CJ Spiller and his constant, dancing 5 yard losses. Yes, the Bills are 3-2, but certainly not without our flaws. Think we can all agree on that...

Lol. Orton is 31, roughly the same age as guys like Rivers and Rodgers, and a half decade younger than Brady, Brees and Manning. He was out of the NFL for all of 5 weeks.

Jackson is old, yes, but that's why you have quality depth like Spiller, Dixon and Brown. And we have a strong group of playmakers at WR.

Outside of TE and the interior OL, we are about as complete of an NFL team as you are likely to see in the salary cap era.

I think the OP is getting some unwarranted flack. Simple fact of the matter is, until we get over the NE* hump, we haven't proved anything. Regardless of where we are now vs. then, regardless of where they are now vs. then, we MUST beat them. It's very similar to when Miami was in that seat back in the day. Are we a team built to win the division or not? I'd like to think so, but I need to see it first.

GO BILLS!!!

Thank you!!! As I said, im not trying to be a pessimist or what have you. You can say im not a fan,.yada yada, that's fine. But I, just like many of you, were categorically euphoric after all the games/situations mentioned in my OP. But I also remember the terrible feeling of the results of each of those seasons and am just trying to say to.all fans, don't let them sick you in again either way and see the season through. We've been loyal.fans thru this 14 year drought. I want to believe this is in fact a new era with the new ownership.and things have indeed changed, but the Bills need to show me the baby. But that's just me.

GO BILLS!!!

Well... yes, that's all true, but who doesn't know that? Furthermore, isn't this exactly the kind of situation where we as fans SHOULD get our hopes up? I know I didn't become a fan in order to be grimly satisfied that my predictions of the team's mediocrity came true.

But I also remember the terrible feeling of the results of each of those seasons and am just trying to say to.all fans, don't let them sick you in again either way and see the season through.

Who cares? It's just a friggin game! Have fun with it! And enjoy watching the quality play while we have it

in a nice kind of way.

Make him suck so he retires.

Of course, of course. I hope that nobody insinuated that I would take pleasure out of an injury to Brady. Yes, a bad break, I mean game would be the proper way to end his career, ugh I mean season, I meant DAY. There, all set.

Edited by BuffaloBaumer