One screen shot displaying why Orton is a better option right now

Bocephuz

This single screen shot illustrates why Orton is a better option than EJ right now. It displays two things..#1 quick decision making... #2 making an accurate throw while taking a hit to the face.

agsHPoH.png

igW1yzx.png

EJ would probably pull it in and do the reverse spin move here.

Edited by Bocephuz

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

EJ stood in the pocket and took plenty of shots while delivering the ball. And Orton's throw to Watkins was wildly inaccurate. But other than that you are right. Orton looks like HOF material to me.

Where Orton deserves credit is apparently he changed the two point conversion from a throw to a run. That takes guts'/experience in that situation.

I like that he recognizes and decides quickly, BUT, that also caused the pick 6, since he saw the DB playing soft man, he assumed he'd have an open pass, but instead the DB was playing a zone right there... hopefully that's not a problem going forward, since it almost lost us the game. Other than that, he was great, imo.

EJ stood in the pocket and took plenty of shots while delivering the ball. And Orton's throw to Watkins was wildly inaccurate. But other than that you are right. Orton looks like HOF material to me.

Where Orton deserves credit is apparently he changed the two point conversion from a throw to a run. That takes guts'/experience in that situation.

Must have missed the part where the OP said Orton was HOF bound or even a top QB in the league. Thought OP simply meant he's clearly better than EJ, which is plainly obvious.

Must have missed the part where the OP said Orton was HOF bound or even a top QB in the league. Thought OP simply meant he's clearly better than EJ, which is plainly obvious.

I thought Marrone settled this debate. SEE DEPTH CHART.

They traded winning "now" for developing "later".

The experts in the front office have moved on... So let's follow suit eh?

That screen shot also shows why Pears doesn't belong at guard. Does Marrone watch any film?

I remember hearing an average tackle will always result in a solid guard or better. Pears is just lost out there.

Also what's the offense answer for stunts? There has gotta be a risk otherwise everyone would always do it, right?

I thought Marrone settled this debate. SEE DEPTH CHART.

They traded winning "now" for developing "later".

The experts in the front office have moved on... So let's follow suit eh?

Was just responding to another poster bringing EJ into the discussion and Orton's 'wildly inaccurate' throw to Sammy that resulted in the game winning field goal

Irrelevant. It's our new QB we're talking about here...

well, plus we have no idea the help over the top based on that photo.... and you know, the qb having to deliver the ball before he got free.... and well, of course, having it need to be a throw he could reliably make while getting crushed....

Look how open the WR is just past the 30.

The WR is, but unfortunately the RG has inexplicably allowed a DL a clear line to Orton, who has to get the ball out quick. Sooner as opposed to later I hope this staff figures out how to use Spiller correctly and that Eric Pears, who is teetering on the brink of Colin Brown-dom, has to be replaced. I think Marrone could ask his wife to borrow the dishwasher, roll that on the field, and get better results.