Bocephuz

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm guessing the play was set up for Orton to see both receivers and make a decision on who to throw to based on coverage and the safety's position. Unfortunately, he had no time to decide because of Pears. It really does take just one guy screwing up for a play to get blown up. Fortunately, Orton had the experience to know what to do with the ball.

EJ stood in the pocket and took plenty of shots while delivering the ball. And Orton's throw to Watkins was wildly inaccurate. But other than that you are right. Orton looks like HOF material to me.

Where Orton deserves credit is apparently he changed the two point conversion from a throw to a run. That takes guts'/experience in that situation.

It seems you are not very open minded about Orton vs EJ or don't understand football. At this point in their careers Orton is a much better QB during professional football games!!

its been pretty simple stuff and just crippling to our protection. theres got to be some sort of answer to it.

I can almost understand it vs. Houston and Detroit as they have two ALL World defensive linemen that they needed to double team and that WILL make stunting easier. But still, you KNOW when you're gonna double going into the play, and yet, we seem to get fooled by it often. Combined with Pears' lack of quickness, it's a recipe of disaster because he can't seem to recover fast enough. Frustrating to watch.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm not certain I've seen Orton make any throws EJ couldn't make.

I am certain that Orton was more consistent with both his throws and decisions than EJ has been this year.

It's more like wouldn't make. Orton's experience allows him to trust what he sees and be willing to wait a hair longer. EJ sees the same things, but he's not confident. Nor is he patient yet. And we've all seen the happy feet and subsequent mechanical breakdowns that result.

GO BILLS!!!

This single screen shot illustrates why Orton is a better option than EJ right now. It displays two things..#1 quick decision making... #2 making an accurate throw while taking a hit to the face.

agsHPoH.png

igW1yzx.png

EJ would probably pull it in and do the reverse spin move here.

"'Erik Pears fooled'.

Indeed.

It's more like wouldn't make. Orton's experience allows him to trust what he sees and be willing to wait a hair longer. EJ sees the same things, but he's not confident. Nor is he patient yet. And we've all seen the happy feet and subsequent mechanical breakdowns that result.

GO BILLS!!!

EJ plays like he is in the middle of a living nightmare. He'll never amount to anything at the position if he doesn't 'man up'.

Edited by Ted William's frozen head

I can almost understand it vs. Houston and Detroit as they have two ALL World defensive linemen that they needed to double team and that WILL make stunting easier. But still, you KNOW when you're gonna double going into the play, and yet, we seem to get fooled by it often. Combined with Pears' lack of quickness, it's a recipe of disaster because he can't seem to recover fast enough. Frustrating to watch.

GO BILLS!!!

the thing that gets me is that its totally expected and seems like a surprise so often as you noted. i dont expect them to be immaculate in protection, but not to have the same thing beat you so consistently would be great.

we will be seeing lots of it until we prove we can stop it. hopefully a good chunk of the success was simply elite talent being elite, but i suspect it will continue.

the thing that gets me is that its totally expected and seems like a surprise so often as you noted. i dont expect them to be immaculate in protection, but not to have the same thing beat you so consistently would be great.

we will be seeing lots of it until we prove we can stop it. hopefully a good chunk of the success was simply elite talent being elite, but i suspect it will continue.

It's brutal when you face both elite talent and good scheming... as we have had to face the last two games. Amazing thing is we had a chance to win the Houston game and ended up winning the Detroit game. Very encouraging to me as the talent gap can't be that big anymore

This is the issue plain and simple. You cannot root out over a decade of playing OT in a few training camp practices. OTs are natural edge blockers, and thus lock onto the outermost defender to ride him out of the play. OGs need to be able to squeeze together, redirect, and exchange/pass across the face on stunts. Pears is playing OG like an OT, and it's exacerbating his lack of a natural guard's body type.

+1

I don't think Seantrel is good enough to help him either, and Wood is helping Richardson. Pears still has to do better. Question is, has Pears progressed with his technique this year? It will be interesting to see if Pears holds his starting role when C Williams gets back.

... EJ plays like he is in the middle of a living nightmare. He'll never amount to anything at the position if he doesn't 'man up'.

That comes with confidence.

Got that right. San Diego doesn't have a Watt or Suh last I saw and they KILLED us with stunts. I'm not under the illusion that Belicheck can't dial up even more exotic stunt looks. Our Gs have to play better. It's that simple.

GO BILLS!!!