Is Officiating Ruining the Game?

I know there is another Officating thread(s) going on, but this is not related directly to the Bills vs. Lions game (although watching the game promted this topic).

This is nothing new - way too many flags are being thrown. Each year it seems more & more penalties in each game.

It almost seems like the Officials think it is their game to manage and dictate play. Yes, rules are rules. But with a flag being thrown close to every play, it is sucking the enjoyment out of watching football. Games are now taking too long, outcomes are decided by a bad call, etc., etc.

There is no flow to the games anymore - staring to get boring. What do you all think.....flame away.

I know there is another Officating thread(s) going on, but this is not related directly to the Bills vs. Lions game (although watching the game promted this topic).

This is nothing new - way too many flags are being thrown. Each year it seems more & more penalties in each game.

It almost seems like the Officials think it is their game to manage and dictate play. Yes, rules are rules. But with a flag being thrown close to every play, it is sucking the enjoyment out of watching football. Games are now taking too long, outcomes are decided by a bad call, etc., etc.

There is no flow to the games anymore - staring to get boring. What do you all think.....flame away.

If there are way too many flags, what about all the ones on Offensive Holding when the Bills are on Defense? At least as I read TBD they are being held on every play.

two things stand out to me about bad calls today, the D holding/pass interference mugging on Watkins that was picked up and then on Detroit's 2nd to last possession in the 4th quarter, on the play where Tate had the long catch and run, the right tackle rocked back before the snap but no false start was called.

Can we talk about the call no call penalties? There were a couple of them. Do the officials confer and then decide since it's in the Bills favor they should pick it up? That Watkins call was one of the worst I've ever seen. And then the explanation was that the "contact" was legal. Since when is contact with a receiver with the ball in the air legal? I think we deserve an explanation on that one. That was a crucial 3rd down that cost us at least 3 points and almost the game

Can we talk about the call no call penalties? There were a couple of them. Do the officials confer and then decide since it's in the Bills favor they should pick it up? That Watkins call was one of the worst I've ever seen. And then the explanation was that the "contact" was legal. Since when is contact with a receiver with the ball in the air legal? I think we deserve an explanation on that one. That was a crucial 3rd down that cost us at least 3 points and almost the game

And that call/no-call was about 8 yards beyond the line IIRC.

Blatant mugging of Sammy, and no call.

Must be a "vegas-ing" thing as the other poster said.

I love the Buffalo Bills, but the NFL is practically unwatchable.

I am constantly irritated with the way the officiating and rules are handled. I assume as I get older I won't really want to put up with it, especially if it worsens (though I can't imagine how - it's that bad).

I love the Buffalo Bills, but the NFL is practically unwatchable.

I am constantly irritated with the way the officiating and rules are handled. I assume as I get older I won't really want to put up with it, especially if it worsens (though I can't imagine how - it's that bad).

Yeah it's getting bad.