• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How bout those 1-3 Jets.

Let's take a second and look at their next four opponents:

@SD

DEN

@NE

BUF

We have a chance to eliminate them from contention by week 8.

wow. Right. And just think. Maybe the pats and Phins have similar fates and we go at least .500 in the division. Realistically that's what it'll come down to. Division wins. We win the important ones and maybe squeek out 1-3 of the others then we've got a serious shot.

Let's hope Orton can stay healthy behind the putrid offensive line

It's not the entire line that's putrid -- there are some really good players on the line (Glenn & Wood) and Henderson has a bright future. It's the guards that are concerning. Richardson is raw but could be a good project, he flies off the ball on running plays. Ubrik is good depth along with Hairston, I'm comfortable with both coming into a game in light of an injury or to give a guy a blow.

The problem is Pears and Williams. Williams was not a good signing, he's looked mediocre at best and incapable at worst. Pears... well, I'm thinking of starting up a kickstarter page to get enough donations to pay Pears to retire. The guy is going to get someone killed this year.

The Buffalo Bills can win with Kyle Orton

I provoked the ire of some Bills fans during the preseason when I questioned why the organization gave up so much to move up and draft Sammy Watkins, only to have him having catch balls from a quarterback as inconsistent as E.J. Manuel. I know some folks don't like to hear the truth, but hell, I thought if there was one thing we could all agree on it was that Manuel is erratic, especially with his accuracy.

After four games and sitting atop the AFC East at 2-2, Buffalo has decided the organization can no longer wait for Manuel to find consistency. The move was announced well before the Patriots debacle on Monday Night Football, so the Bills weren't technically atop the division at the time. I think the decision reflects a sense by those in power in Buffalo that with the Patriots looking weak, the division is ripe for the picking.

What Buffalo Bills fans should expect from Kyle Orton

First thing's first: in my opinion, EJ Manuel needed to have a seat. I've never been a huge Manuel guy, but that doesn't mean that I don't think he can eventually play in the NFL, either. He just needs to take some time off and see if he can get better.

Since Manuel is now the backup, it brings us to Kyle Orton, the new savior of the Buffalo Bills. (I'm kidding; if you expecting to read that Orton is the top-five, franchise quarterback to lead the Bills to greatness, you are reading the wrong article). If you are realistic and willing to believe that Orton can do enough things to be an average NFL quarterback, then please keep reading.

The link doesn't work. Funny this many comments and no one read it

worked for me....

It's not the entire line that's putrid -- there are some really good players on the line (Glenn & Wood) and Henderson has a bright future. It's the guards that are concerning. Richardson is raw but could be a good project, he flies off the ball on running plays. Ubrik is good depth along with Hairston, I'm comfortable with both coming into a game in light of an injury or to give a guy a blow.

The problem is Pears and Williams. Williams was not a good signing, he's looked mediocre at best and incapable at worst. Pears... well, I'm thinking of starting up a kickstarter page to get enough donations to pay Pears to retire. The guy is going to get someone killed this year.

Wood has been average, but that may be a result of who is playing next to him. Glenn is solid and I agree about Henderson's future, not so much right now....Williams being average is fine, Pears...can't find an appropriate adjective...sucks is the closest I can come up with, but it really doesn't do justice when describing his play. EJ had time to throw, he took too long and then got hammered. Quick throws underneath and then deep one is the ticket. Pass to set up the run as this line can not dominate a good DL with 8 in the box.

I hope he is right. I don't agree this is the right time to bench EJ as I feel he showed enough in 14 games to warrant more time to develop, however, come Sunday I just want the Bills to win. I don't care who the QB is as much as I care about us just winning. So come Sunday, Orton will have my full support even though I don't have a lot of faith he will fare much better. This division is definitely up for grabs right now and we have enough talent to win it for sure. I am still not sure who is better suited to lead us there at QB as we have not seen Orton play yet, but if we can just stabilize the QB situation we can definitely win this division.

That being said, my biggest concern is still Hackett. He seems to force is offense on the players rather building one around the strengths of the players. Hopefully Orton fits his offense well because I have almost no faith Hackett will adjust or call a smart game plan. I hope he proves that wrong, but I just have not liked his poor adjustments, his situational play calls, or how he is using some of our playmakers like CJ. And I also hope Orton can get rid of the ball quick like Watkins spoke of earlier, because the All 22 tape is ugly on how bad we have been pass blocking.

Our O-line has been sketchy lately, and in the past, I recall seeing Orton take alot of bad sacks... Our receivers are also very undisciplined. -JMO... Anything can happen, I suppose, but I don't see it at all...

I don't see the current playbook as being freindly to Orton's style, OR playing to any of his strengths... It could be that the playcalling was limited due to EJ's inexperience... If that's true, Hackett is going to have to PROVE to me that he has a means of moving the chains effectively... As of right now though, I don't believe that he does.

Our O-line has been sketchy lately, and in the past, I recall seeing Orton take alot of bad sacks... Our receivers are also very undisciplined. -JMO... Anything can happen, I suppose, but I don't see it at all...

I don't see the current playbook as being freindly to Orton's style, OR playing to any of his strengths... It could be that the playcalling was limited due to EJ's inexperience... If that's true, Hackett is going to have to PROVE to me that he has a means of moving the chains effectively... As of right now though, I don't believe that he does.

While skeptical of Hackett, there sure were a lot of open WR's for EJ vs Texans. NH must have seen something on film. T hasselbecks analysis on NFL live seems to confirm this. While he only showed two examples , they were quite damning and he appeared to praise the design of the plays. The first was a terrible read by EJ, that TH called a " triangle read" read one is on the left , two at the top of the triangle and three to the right. You do not skip anyone and just throw to the open man, which in this case was the FIRST read... Wide open and EJ went right to read two and nearly got picked. Read one would have likely been a first down. The second one was nicely designed to go to Watkins in the deep middle but you had to be patient and maybe take a hit. Watkins came open with lots of room for YAC and EJ rushed it ... Pretty damning stuff and TH said as a coach you feel you can't win with a QB that can't deliver the ball to open WR's ... Hacketts designs actuallly worked quite well and should have led to big gains if the QB just did the basics...