Trent Dilfer: Bills Win AFC East with Orton at QB

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True this.

Kyle Orton will become a big fan favorite in Buffalo.

Don't we all hope!!!!

How bout those 1-3 Jets.

Let's take a second and look at their next four opponents:

@SD

DEN

@NE

BUF

We have a chance to eliminate them from contention by week 8.

OR they could go 2-2 (heaven forbid better) 3W 5L in the 1st wk of Nov is not great, but you never know.

I think 1-3 or 0-4 is the more likely outcome

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I don't understand how winning the division means home playoff game? We go in as AFCE champ - but a wildcard like San Diego is 12-4 let's say while we are 10-6.... we still get home field advantage?

I believe the rules are such that a wild card team may never host a division champ.

I don't understand how winning the division means home playoff game? We go in as AFCE champ - but a wildcard like San Diego is 12-4 let's say while we are 10-6.... we still get home field advantage?

The Bills fan base is the least qualified fan base in the league to correctly answer this question. :nana:

correct.

remember a few years ago when seattle won their awful division with 7-9 and hosted a playoff game...and won it?

Putting the Bills aside, that is why i HATE 4-team divisions. but i guess that's another thread.

I hope he is right. I don't agree this is the right time to bench EJ as I feel he showed enough in 14 games to warrant more time to develop, however, come Sunday I just want the Bills to win. I don't care who the QB is as much as I care about us just winning. So come Sunday, Orton will have my full support even though I don't have a lot of faith he will fare much better. This division is definitely up for grabs right now and we have enough talent to win it for sure. I am still not sure who is better suited to lead us there at QB as we have not seen Orton play yet, but if we can just stabilize the QB situation we can definitely win this division.

That being said, my biggest concern is still Hackett. He seems to force is offense on the players rather building one around the strengths of the players. Hopefully Orton fits his offense well because I have almost no faith Hackett will adjust or call a smart game plan. I hope he proves that wrong, but I just have not liked his poor adjustments, his situational play calls, or how he is using some of our playmakers like CJ. And I also hope Orton can get rid of the ball quick like Watkins spoke of earlier, because the All 22 tape is ugly on how bad we have been pass blocking.

I don't think we can really judge Hackett's game plans yet. I admit, the decision to throw as much as we did in Houston is a question mark, but judging by how many times receivers were running open and we're either missed or not even looked at, I think it could have been very successful had it been executed properly.

If we see better, or even just competent, execution from the quarterback position moving forward with Orton, Hackett's play calling and game planning will be much easier to judge.

He had his receivers in a position to succeed in a pass heavy game plan in Houston, but the limitations at the quarterback position sabotaged it from under center.

Sure, if they somehow beat Detroit I'll buy the Bills winning the AFC East predictions. I'm hopeful but expecting a loss at Detroit and i have no idea how Kyle Orton will play in a Bills uni? No one really does. We THINK he will be an improvement but let's see.

Sure, if they somehow beat Detroit I'll buy the Bills winning the AFC East predictions. I'm hopeful but expecting a loss at Detroit and i have no idea how Kyle Orton will play in a Bills uni? No one really does. We THINK he will be an improvement but let's see.

The Detroit game isn't critical at all to the Bills winning the division. It would be nice to get the W in a non-conference road game this week, but the week 6 NE game is far more important to that end.