Will Tom Brady be benched?

brady benching  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Will Brady get benched this year

Brady looked bad in the KC game. But for the most part it's been bad offensive line protection, receivers dropping passes, and lack of a running game.......sound familiar?

Brady's entire career has been because of the great lines and receivers NE has had, any time he faces pressure he looks average.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How anyone could know a guy from Eastern Illinois is a stud is beyond my level of football comprehension.

Romo?

Brady's entire career has been because of the great lines and receivers NE has had, any time he faces pressure he looks average.

An entire career of "great receivers"??

Brady has no idea where his WRs are going and no time to get it there if he did. I love that people are giving BB grief over the Mankins deal cuz he's been killing the Pats with these genius trades for years. Think of who Belichick got rid of: Mankins, Koppen, Moss, Welker, Seymour, Vrabel, Milloy, Law....There's probably a few more, but Belichick the GM thinks that Belichick is SUCH a good coach, he doesn't need his best players.

Brady's failures and early struggles fall on the coach, not on the player....to me anyways.

i dont think hes done, or this happens soon (more likely in my book is they invest heavily in the offense in the coming offseason and draft and take one more shot in the next 2-3 years and both BB and brady hang it up after)

Pats* will need to know what they have in Garrapolo before next season. I think Brady, being who he is, will get several more games this season esp if Thompkins and Dobson play. If he continues stinking it up as in the Chiefs games, I am willing to bet he gets benched and JG gets a few games to show what he does (or does not) have.

Interesting turn of events for sure in the AFCE. Race to see who is not the best, but worst starting QB.

Pats* will need to know what they have in Garrapolo before next season. I think Brady, being who he is, will get several more games this season esp if Thompkins and Dobson play. If he continues stinking it up as in the Chiefs games, I am willing to bet he gets benched and JG gets a few games to show what he does (or does not) have.

Interesting turn of events for sure in the AFCE. Race to see who is not the best, but worst starting QB.

Why do they need to find out this year?

Just heard on NFL Total Access that Tom Brady was playing worse than EJ!?

That is completely mindblowing considering how great he is, this could be the end and we now how much Kraft likes keeping high priced veterans.

Close enough to it.

I'll vote depends, because Tommy wears them.

Wow, this is just totally unfair. Brady is one of the greatest of all time and as Much as I CANNOT stand him, the guy has delivered at the highest level for many years. I remember watching him in those cold playoffs games in NE and could not believe how he could just pick defenses apart.

Brady has no idea where his WRs are going and no time to get it there if he did. I love that people are giving BB grief over the Mankins deal cuz he's been killing the Pats with these genius trades for years. Think of who Belichick got rid of: Mankins, Koppen, Moss, Welker, Seymour, Vrabel, Milloy, Law....There's probably a few more, but Belichick the GM thinks that Belichick is SUCH a good coach, he doesn't need his best players.

Brady's failures and early struggles fall on the coach, not on the player....to me anyways.

I agree Belichick thinks it's him. Not only the players he traded or cut, but all those moves in the draft. At some point you have to draft people. You can't just keep trading out. No matter how many times the media anoints him a genius.

Because they will need to decide their QB strategy for next season and beyond. If they wait for next season to find out about JG, then it is too late to fix if there is a problem. If Brady continues to not perform, there is really no advantage in continuing with him. Rest assured, there will be a few teams in the league still willing to trade for him next season. In that scenario, if Brady continues his career with another team or hangs it up remains to be seen.

Brady's entire career has been because of the great lines and receivers NE has had, and knowing what play the defense had called for years during the most important stage of his development as a QB, any time he faces pressure he looks average.

Fixed

I will guarantee one of two things happen this weekend when they play Cinci. Either they prove that NE still has the best coach in the biz as well as a QB with something to prove or a thumping of KC proportions is on the way (along with the final nail in the coffin). Honestly, I think the thumping is a foregone conclusion and there is going to be no middle ground in the 2 options laid out above......