Will Pegula Cough Up the Big Bucks for a Big Name HC?

patfitz

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can only hope.

This coaching staff seems like they have an idea of what they want to do. Its just they can't seem to find a way to accomplish it. Its always some other player that will make things work. To define this Bills OC is like asking a guy who has an idea of what brain surgery is like, and then allowing him to preform it.

Great coaches take what they have, and get the most out of them. Gailey underutilized his RB's, and over utilized his broken QB, and shoddy receiver corps. I just want to see Spiller, Fredex, and EJ survive this regime.

You guys know that our very own Marrone was sought after right ?

Rookie NFL coach. Not an afterthought or a has been. Guy has some good stuff . let see if he can get er done by the end of season.

We can only hope.

This coaching staff seems like they have an idea of what they want to do. Its just they can't seem to find a way to accomplish it. Its always some other player that will make things work. To define this Bills OC is like asking a guy who has an idea of what brain surgery is like, and then allowing him to preform it.

Great coaches take what they have, and get the most out of them. Gailey underutilized his RB's, and over utilized his broken QB, and shoddy receiver corps. I just want to see Spiller, Fredex, and EJ survive this regime.

Marrone has been in systems that work and win. Can he do it in Buffalo ?

Story yet to be told .

. I am not sure that many coaches have been knocking down the door to coach in Buffalo

Marrone brought in Hackett due to a belief in him and a solid relationship with each other . As First Year NFL HC you might want some comfort zone.

IF Nate is not up to the task ( i am holding judgement still ) then Marrone will do what needs to be done as painful as it might be. we shall see. No changes will be made during the season i would wager

I hope you're right.

As a 50 yr. Bills' follower, I wonder if Pegula will do what Ralph only did once in his tenure, that is hiring a big name HC? Ralph to his credit or detriment tried iti once with Chuck Knox. The results for Knox were pretty good. In fact I was at the Bills/San Diego playoff game and I am convinced to this very day if Joe Ferguson were completely healthy we would have prevailed. I hope Pegula learned from the Darcy/Lindy fiasco with the Sabres that it is better to cut ties with the past and start fresh. Perhaps we can get a coach/GM that actually have a clue and are not either retreads or unknowns. There seems to be some up and coming and proven talent and Pegula may decide to go for the best money can buy!

So now we need a new coach, and QB?

You guys know that our very own Marrone was sought after right ?

Rookie NFL coach. Not an afterthought or a has been. Guy has some good stuff . let see if he can get er done by the end of season.

Marrone has been in systems that work and win. Can he do it in Buffalo ?

Story yet to be told .

I think Marrone was chosen because of his past experience with the NO Saints, and as an ex line coach, ex OC, ex NFL O linemen. The thing is he was very "hands on" for the O line prior to the 2013 season, and had two players that were so bad they were both cut by week six. Brown graded as the very worst player in the entire NFL after that time. How does that happen with a supposed O line guru?

Don't get me wrong as I like Marrone. I just don't like his choice of OC, offensive schemes, his choice of players for that O line. The first replacement for LG Andy Levitre was an abject failure, and his replacement last season was almost as bad in Doug Legursky. This year they brought in the worst player from the St Louis Rams O line who graded a (-21.8) Even Legursky didn't grade that poorly. This season he has stunk it up, and so has RG Erik Pears.

If you look at last years SB champs you would see that their HC Pete Carroll has major input in his secondary, as he got his start in the NFL as the Buffalo Bills secondary coach. The man clearly knows how to build an elite secondary.

You can't say the same thing about Marrone. Even with three of the five players on that line above average or better, the line still stinks because of the poor play at OG.

I think Marrone was chosen because of his past experience with the NO Saints, and as an ex line coach, ex OC, ex NFL O linemen. The thing is he was very "hands on" for the O line prior to the 2013 season, and had two players that were so bad they were both cut by week six. Brown graded as the very worst player in the entire NFL after that time. How does that happen with a supposed O line guru?

Don't get me wrong as I like Marrone. I just don't like his choice of OC, offensive schemes, his choice of players for that O line. The first replacement for LG Andy Levitre was an abject failure, and his replacement last season was almost as bad in Doug Legursky. This year they brought in the worst player from the St Louis Rams O line who graded a (-21.8) Even Legursky didn't grade that poorly. This season he has stunk it up, and so has RG Erik Pears.

Forgot Marrone was the GM. The only thing he is doing is picking these guys (handed to him) over the ones that have been doing literally zero in the league since being cut by the Bills.

Frank would be great. While he is still earning his coaching strips he is a true student of the game. He knows the city and what the Bills mean to the community and clearly is a great link to the glory days.

This is not too far fetched considering Pegulas devotion to alumni and fan favorites.

He will not need to hire a big name expensive coach. And we will not care. The next HC will be none other than Frank Reich who will lead the great comeback in NFL and Bills history..................twice

You mean thrice... He holds the record for college comeback too @ Maryland... Well I think he still does?

This is not too far fetched considering Pegulas devotion to alumni and fan favorites.

What about Wade? He was in the crowd during the game... :-O

Jason Garrett - Dallas Cowboys

Mike Ditka - Chicago Bears

Also add:

Bart Starr - Green Bay Packers

EDIT: And to get really old-school, I think you can add Halas and Curly Lambeau? Weren't they "player coaches?"

Edited by ExiledInIllinois