Will Pegula Cough Up the Big Bucks for a Big Name HC?

patfitz

As a 50 yr. Bills' follower, I wonder if Pegula will do what Ralph only did once in his tenure, that is hiring a big name HC? Ralph to his credit or detriment tried iti once with Chuck Knox. The results for Knox were pretty good. In fact I was at the Bills/San Diego playoff game and I am convinced to this very day if Joe Ferguson were completely healthy we would have prevailed. I hope Pegula learned from the Darcy/Lindy fiasco with the Sabres that it is better to cut ties with the past and start fresh. Perhaps we can get a coach/GM that actually have a clue and are not either retreads or unknowns. There seems to be some up and coming and proven talent and Pegula may decide to go for the best money can buy!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a 50 yr. Bills' follower, I wonder if Pegula will do what Ralph only did once in his tenure, that is hiring a big name HC? Ralph to his credit or detriment tried iti once with Chuck Knox. The results for Knox were pretty good. In fact I was at the Bills/San Diego playoff game and I am convinced to this very day if Joe Ferguson were completely healthy we would have prevailed. I hope Pegula learned from the Darcy/Lindy fiasco with the Sabres that it is better to cut ties with the past and start fresh. Perhaps we can get a coach/GM that actually have a clue and are not either retreads or unknowns. There seems to be some up and coming and proven talent and Pegula may decide to go for the best money can buy!

Ralph also opened the wallet for John Rauch and Lou Saban II while also making Marve one of the higher paid coaches after he proved himself as well.

That said, YES, Pegula won't let money be an object if he thinks a coach is worth it. Too bad there isn't much correlation between making a coach one of the highest paid and success. Coaches usually get paid after success and then have comparatively little of it elsewhere.

GO BILLS!!!

He will not need to hire a big name expensive coach. And we will not care. The next HC will be none other than Frank Reich who will lead the great comeback in NFL and Bills history..................twice

Interesting idea. But is Reich ready to be a HC? It made me think, has there ever been a player for a team that went on to be the head coach of the same team? It's Monday, so of course my mind is a blank.

Interesting idea. But is Reich ready to be a HC? It made me think, has there ever been a player for a team that went on to be the head coach of the same team? It's Monday, so of course my mind is a blank.

Ditka, Munchak, Jason Garrett

Edited by FluffHead

But it's only Marrones 19th game as the head coach, he's progressing, getting better and making less mistakes. 2-1 this year says it all, one bad week against a good SD team. Hmmmm.... i seem to have heard this before.

I'd feel much better about Marrone, if he would have hired a real OC. But, as it stands now, we're stuck with someone that's in over his head and allowing him to learn on the fly what it takes to be a good coach in the NFL while talented players sit wasted on the bench.

Ditka, Munchak, Jason Garrett

Ahh yes, and those were easy answers. Once I read it, I was like "duh!". My mind is scattered today. I do see progress with Marrone, will it continue? Will he get better? I don't know, but there's 13 more weeks to answer those questions. I for one will sit back, and try to enjoy the ride!

I'd feel much better about Marrone, if he would have hired a real OC. But, as it stands now, we're stuck with someone that's in over his head and allowing him to learn on the fly what it takes to be a good coach in the NFL while talented players sit wasted on the bench.

. I am not sure that many coaches have been knocking down the door to coach in Buffalo

Marrone brought in Hackett due to a belief in him and a solid relationship with each other . As First Year NFL HC you might want some comfort zone.

IF Nate is not up to the task ( i am holding judgement still ) then Marrone will do what needs to be done as painful as it might be. we shall see. No changes will be made during the season i would wager

I posted this in the Pegula/Ownership thread previously. When it comes to front office/coaching staffing, Pegula will spend what it takes. This will really be beneficial with assistant coaches, scouting, making Buffalo a team players want to come to.

I don't care what he spends. I care how he spends

. I am not sure that many coaches have been knocking down the door to coach in Buffalo

Marrone brought in Hackett due to a belief in him and a solid relationship with each other . As First Year NFL HC you might want some comfort zone.

IF Nate is not up to the task ( i am holding judgement still ) then Marrone will do what needs to be done as painful as it might be. we shall see. No changes will be made during the season i would wager

I don't care what he spends. I care how he spends

He won't be the person making those decisions.