MNF - Bears @ J-e-t-s

YoloinOhio

And the Bills swept Miami with a guy who this year couldn't be our third-string QB.

What was the point again?

Some folks just plain hate on EJ because he hasn't thrown for 300+ yards and 6 TDs in a game yet. He hasn't even rushed for a buck fifty and thrown 4 TDs in a game yet. He hasn't won a division title and we should have drafted Geno and thirty four other QBs instead/in addition to him.

The JESTS would have taken EJ with their 2nd pick last year but we should have taken Nassib in the 14th round.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:) true.

Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting Geno is better or that I'd prefer him to EJ in any way. It was just an observation. Geno seems to be coached to be more of a gunslinger, some interceptions are ok. EJ is veing given just the opposite coaching.

I do wish EJ would put more heat on his thows, it seems like the windows are so short in the NFL that the sonner that ball gets there, the better especially in the red zone.

Exactly. Geno you have to admit throws a nice hard ball down the middle of the field. His passes have zip. If he could get the ball security issues under control he'd be a solid QB. People who say Geno doesn't have the "tools" are mistaken, he does. He's too careless tho.

EJ lofts way too many passes or checks down. Still waiting for him to zing one 25 yards down the middle of the field into a very tight window. He won't do it. He'd rather run out of bounds on 3rd and 8 & punt than risk throwing down there. Also, enough with the lofty timing passes down the sidelines. they rarely work and its a waste of a down.

Exactly. Geno you have to admit throws a nice hard ball down the middle of the field. His passes have zip. If he could get the ball security issues under control he'd be a solid QB. People who say Geno doesn't have the "tools" are mistaken, he does. He's too careless tho.

EJ lofts way too many passes or checks down. Still waiting for him to zing one 25 yards down the middle of the field into a very tight window. He won't do it. He'd rather run out of bounds on 3rd and 8 & punt than risk throwing down there. Also, enough with the lofty timing passes down the sidelines. they rarely work and its a waste of a down.

And there in lies the difference between the two, and the question that needs to be answered which one will fix their flaws faster, if at all. They're being compared because they were the first two QBs drafted in a bad class. And nearly everyone ignores that Glennon has looked better than either of the two, and likely will last in the league longer.

And there in lies the difference between the two, and the question that needs to be answered which one will fix their flaws faster, if at all. They're being compared because they were the first two QBs drafted in a bad class. And nearly everyone ignores that Glennon has looked better than either of the two, and likely will last in the league longer.

Where is Glennon playing these days? Isn't he riding the pine?

Glennon is the backup in Tampa. Based on how McCown has started Glennon should be in there. I liked that kid in college and was always pumping him up on this board. The guy just needs a chance.

My honest assesement of Geno vs EJ is that Geno can fix his flaws easier. If Geno was in the conservative Bills offense, he'd likely make fewer turnovers. He's a smaller guy than EJ but I have not seen EJ's size be of any benefit to him yet. Still waiting for those big hands to do something. He stunk in our wind last week.

That's what I was thinking when I posted my observation. Not meaning to say Geno is better or anything, but to say here's 2 QBs in the same division both with positives, both with flaws, each seemingly coached differently. It'll be interesting to see who ends up better as the seasons progress.

i'll have to take a look when the game hits rewind, but it sounds like the jets' run defense looks as solid as ever, but their secondary sounds like a tire fire.

And yet, the Jests were 8-8 with him last year.

and last night he gave up more turnovers in one game that ej has all year, including the safety. the jets's are also 1-2 to our 2-1 and their only win was an unconvincing one against one of the bottom five in the league.

again, geno has better arm strength and accuracy, but makes more boneheaded decisions.

i'll have to take a look when the game hits rewind, but it sounds like the jets' run defense looks as solid as ever, but their secondary sounds like a tire fire.

again, geno has better arm strength and accuracy, but makes more boneheaded decisions.

Your assessment is correct on both points. The Jets front 7 on defense is as good as any in the league but their secondary is as bad as any. Geno looks really good at times, but just makes an alarming number of poor decisions with the football. He looks like a really good QB for long stretches of the game, but then makes the big mistake. He is just as frustrating as EJ, but in a very different way.

Where is Glennon playing these days? Isn't he riding the pine?

Lovie brought McCown in to be the starter, even though I thought Glennon outplayed him. It's academic now with McCown's injury. Glennon will see action again.

I think we all know that if EJ was the quarterback tonight, he would have lost worse than Geno. I mean, yeah , the Bills beat these same Bears, and yeah the Bills beat them in Chicago, but tonight was Geno's night.

Except that he lost. And opened the game with a pick six. But at least he's not EJ. :huh:

That is funny.

Was the horrible QB playing defense?

Geno is the opposing teams defense best friend.