Interesting fact on Philip Rivers

HOUSE

Fantasy football

Sit 'em

Philip Rivers at Buffalo Bills: Rivers posted over 25 points in a win over the Seattle Seahawks last week. So why would he be a sit 'em? Well, listen to this trend. In eight career road games against the AFC East, Rivers has averaged an unimpressive 215 yards with 12 touchdown passes and eight interceptions. The Bills have also allowed just three touchdown passes in their last five home games.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story/0ap3000000396121/article/start-em-sit-em-quarterbacks-for-week-3

Edited by HOUSE

Wonder how many of those games with were against pats or jets when their D was top 3? Could have a lot to do with with quality of opponent. And its not like 215 avg yards, 12 TDs, 8 picks is terrible either. When LT was there probably ran the ball a lot on the road too.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Wonder how many of those games with were against pats or jets when their D was top 3? Could have a lot to do with with quality of opponent. And its not like 215 avg yards, 12 TDs, 8 picks is terrible either. When LT was there probably ran the ball a lot on the road too.

he lost to Miami last year on the road

Interesting statistic.

I assume it relates to jet lag and playing at an unfamiliar time of day, plus losing a day of prep time during game week.

Let's hope this trend for Rivers continues.

In general, from studies done, teams that have to cross 3 time zones to play have a far worse winning percentage than their normal road winning percentage...

It has to do with jet lag, change in routine, etc from the time zone difference...the body just doesn't do as well and various tests that have been done confirm reaction time is significantly increased even if they cannot sense or feel it, something will just "be off"

Interesting statistic.

I assume it relates to jet lag and playing at an unfamiliar time of day, plus losing a day of prep time during game week.

Let's hope this trend for Rivers continues.

Dont be quick to assume.

This could be lack of good prep and an advantage for Bills . Lots are hidden in stats.

But lets just hope it's a leveragable asset.

Run up tempo and complicate the D alignments for Rivers .

Not a River fan at all......

My Man !

I am worried about his quick throws from the pocket

In general, from studies done, teams that have to cross 3 time zones to play have a far worse winning percentage than their normal road winning percentage...

It has to do with jet lag, change in routine, etc from the time zone difference...the body just doesn't do as well and various tests that have been done confirm reaction time is significantly increased even if they cannot sense or feel it, something will just "be off"

I travel three time zones frequently and I know I'm always pretty zonked for a few days after returning east and losing three hours.

Remember this is a sit him for FANTASY football. 215 yards 1.5tds and 1 td will win a team plenty of games - but isn't top ten statistically normally.

That's like a 3500 yard, 24 td and 16 int season. High on turnovers, sure, but youll hang some wins up with it.

Edited by NoSaint

I believe they changed their travel plans last year to Friday instead of Saturday and had a better record on the east coast because of it.

Hope for a delayed flight.

they do fly in on Fridays.

Not a River fan at all......

he was tragic in 2012 and the majority of SD fans wanted him gone. The new GM and HC decided to give him one more year before deciding to move on. He was Comeback Player of the Year.

Rivers is Jay Cutler.

Great at slinging the ball but they get too easily frustrated when you get after them on defense.

Especially with no Ryan Mathews this week, we will be fine. Only favored by 2 points at home against these guys? should be 5. Vegas and the gambling world hasn't caught on to the Bills yet.

The Bills defense has been outstanding thus far. Only one run over 10 yards and 1 pass over 20. Saw that somewhere after the Miami game. That's a great stat

over their last 5 home games, they have allowed 3 TDs. In fact, IMO, the Last time the D did not play well at RWS was the 1st half of the Cincy game in week 6 last year.

For a team that needs to prepare for 1 game a week I dont think 3 hours should be a major problem. No reason why a west coast team cant move up their schedule 1 hour a day so by Wednesday they are on eastern time. This would give them 4 full days to adjust before game day.