"Boots on the Ground" Pool

POTUS stated categorically, no boots on the ground in Iraq. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/09/17/obama-insists-no-combat-mission-for-us-troops-in-iraq-despite-dempsey-comment/

Knowing that the one constant of his administration is to make definitive (and subsequently erroneous) statements w/o knowing what is coming tomorrow, we could have some fun by proposing the exact date on which troops/boots will hit the ground in Iraq. C'mon, you know it's gonna happen.

I say October 27th.

Prizes, we don't got no stinkin' prizes.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be more fun to guess the date of his press conference where he kinda, sorta admits that we're putting boots on the ground but explains how that's not really changing his position and this all could have gone easier if not for Republicans in Congress. Regardless, I'll say November 7th, while the media is busy hashing over the election and everyone else is gearing up for a long weekend.

Do they count as boots on the ground if he calls them "consultants?"

I wonder if they get 1099s.

I think it would be more fun to guess the date of his press conference where he kinda, sorta admits that we're putting boots on the ground but explains how that's not really changing his position and this all could have gone easier if not for Republicans in Congress. Regardless, I'll say November 7th, while the media is busy hashing over the election and everyone else is gearing up for a long weekend.

I wonder if they get 1099s.

I'll go w/ the 14th for that press release. The one on the 7th will be for amnesty.

Well, this military operation involving hundreds of troops and airstrikes won't be a combat mission or a ground war: until someone gets shot down.

Either way, no matter what happens, no matter how many are killed.................no boots until after November 4

The administration has its priorities

152522_600.jpg

They're already there.

Not a press release...but a briefing no one pays attention to by a low-level Pentagon staffer, and on November 26th.

Not a press release...but a briefing no one pays attention to by a low-level Pentagon staffer, and on November 26th.

Close but I'm going with November 28th in the evening. No one pays attention to that kind of **** on a regular Friday evening let alone the Friday evening after Thanksgiving.

Edited by Chef Jim

"Wuss and Boots"

The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS

http://theweek.com/a...herence-on-isis

Obama slaps down top general and insists there will be NO combat boots on the ground in battle against ISIS as he rallies troops at air base

http://www.dailymail...leadership.html

Looks like General Dempsey was in a spillin' mood that day. Didn't quite give good old hawkish kook Sen Graham the response he wanted ....

US allies funding ISIS – Gen. Dempsey:

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack