"Boots on the Ground" Pool

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It won't happen before the election, then depending on the results of the election Obama will determine what route he wants to go. The decision will be made based on politics, not what's right for the country or world.

Hardly a courageous prediction, given that to not do so would be a break with every single decision he's made during his presidency.

Hell, even the decision to go after bin Laden was based on politics, and that was as much a no-brainer of a decision as we'll ever see.

It won't happen before the election, then depending on the results of the election Obama will determine what route he wants to go. The decision will be made based on politics, not what's right for the country or world.

Remember back in the days of Hope & Change when rainbow farting unicorn was billed as a different kind of politician?

In this case, he is a very different kind of politician from George W Bush.

Bush would make a decision, usually the wrong decision, without putting much thought into the political repurcussions

Obama goes golfing, consults his pollster, gives a speech about how its not his fault the bad thing happened. Then he goes golfing, waits until after the election, and blames Congress if his strategy goes wrong.

Remember back in the days of Hope & Change when rainbow farting unicorn was billed as a different kind of politician?

In this case, he is a very different kind of politician from George W Bush.

Bush would make a decision, usually the wrong decision, without putting much thought into the political repurcussions

Obama goes golfing, consults his pollster, gives a speech about how its not his fault the bad thing happened. Then he goes golfing, waits until after the election, and blames Congress if his strategy goes wrong.

Stop defending Bush! [/gatorman]

Obama slaps down top general and insists there will be NO combat boots on the ground in battle against ISIS as he rallies troops at air base

http://www.dailymail...leadership.html

I'm nowhere near the political hawk that some of you are, so I ask this to those in the know: what was the last administration to be so screwed up internally on foreign policy? I'm not talking about bad foreign policy. I'm talking about the president saying one thing one day about whether we''re at war, Chief of Staff saying something different, generals saying something even more different, and then they do it again regarding boots on the ground.

It's truly bizarre to me.

I'm nowhere near the political hawk that some of you are, so I ask this to those in the know: what was the last administration to be so screwed up internally on foreign policy? I'm not talking about bad foreign policy. I'm talking about the president saying one thing one day about whether we''re at war, Chief of Staff saying something different, generals saying something even more different, and then they do it again regarding boots on the ground.

It's truly bizarre to me.

And related, I assume this President is one of the least respected in modern history among military brass, but perhaps one of our military scholars could comment on that too.

I was born during the Eisenhower years, and to date, this is the most inconsistent administration with regard to foreign policy by far. there have been some serious foreign policy mistakes over those years, but nothing in terms of the wishy washy posturing of the current administration.

Stop defending adoring Bush! [/gatorman]

Get the wording right.

I was born during the Eisenhower years, and to date, this is the most inconsistent administration with regard to foreign policy by far. there have been some serious foreign policy mistakes over those years, but nothing in terms of the wishy washy posturing of the current administration.

Finally someone here to make me feel young. Thank you. :thumbsup:

Stop defending Bush! [/gatorman]

Why? Because in his love of Bush he 'forgot' to mention Bush's wrong decisions have led to thousands of dead and wounded Americans soldiers to trillions of dollars of wasted?

Funny how you didn't notice that obvious failure of omission...

Why? Because in his love of Bush he 'forgot' to mention Bush's wrong decisions have led to thousands of dead and wounded Americans soldiers to trillions of dollars of wasted?

I didn't notice because he didn't forget. It wasn't relevant.

I love how in your world (which has been mentioned several times) saying Bush is not as bad as Obama makes it a love affair for Bush. I really don't like hitting my thumb with a hammer but that doesn't mean I love sticking an ice pick in my eye.