"Boots on the Ground" Pool

If I were young enough and we were actually going to war with these jackasses I sure as hell would. In a heartbeat.

You can cower in the corner with your binkie.

So are you then encouraging all of your sons, daughters, and nieces, and nephews to go to war with these jackasses? What branch of the service did you serve in? Or were you too busy cowering with you binkie? As a USMC veteran, I'm just curious.

Please tell me what you know about the geopolitics of the region, it's global economic impact, the merits of leading in the global community, and what happens to vaacums in the absence of power.

If you think I'm wrong, then please tell me how. Don't just question my intelligence and knowledge and play me off. You have no idea what I know and what I don't know.

Edited by reddogblitz

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think I'm wrong, then please tell me how. Don't just question my intelligence and knowledge and play me off. You have no idea what I know and what I don't know.

Good grief.

I just asked you what you know, and what you don't know.

I clearly haven't dimissed you.

So are you then encouraging all of your sons, daughters, and nieces, and nephews to go to war with these jackasses? What branch of the service do you serve in? Or were you too busy cowering with you binkie? As a USMC veteran, I'm just curious.

I encourage no one to do anything. I let people make their own decisions. I've never served and I'd thank you for yours but sounds like you're too bitter to accept my thanks.

I encourage no one to do anything. I let people make their own decisions. I've never served and I'd thank you for yours but sounds like you're too bitter to accept my thanks.

You're welcome.

Sorry if I came off bitter, I just hate this whole war in the middle east thing. My opinion is it will only make things worse. I also hate that it seems that so many who have never served are so quick to want to send someone else who is into combat. War is hell and should only be done as a last resort IMHO.

If this thing is really as important as they tell us, why aren't we putting "boots on the ground"? Seems we're trying to do it on the cheap in the most politically advantageous way as possible..

The whole thing makes no sense to me.

Yeah, tasker. That's my job.

I question your intelligence. You're an idiot. If not for "32 conquests in 24 countries" since 1980, then certainly for "Everybody does that over there." :wacko: And the idea that a response is an all-or-none military presence. Any of those three items alone - never mind together - tell me what you do and do not know (namely: nothing and anything, respectively.)

If this thing is really as important as they tell us, why aren't we putting "boots on the ground"? Seems we're trying to do it on the cheap in the most politically advantageous way as possible..

Bingo.

The problem being: fighting wars on the cheap is usually extremely expensive in the long run. It's a false economy.

If not for "32 conquests in 24 countries" since 1980

OK, how many have there been then? If you don't like the word "conquest", you can use military intervention instead of that makes you feel better.

, then certainly for "Everybody does that over there."

Saudi Arabia does not cut off heads? Iran doesn't torture people?

And the idea that a response is an all-or-none military presence.

Who said all or none? I said that helping the refugees and bringing some of them back here was a better way to handle it than militarily. Of course the military would probably need to be involved in this.

So what do you think we should do about ISIL exactly?

Edited by reddogblitz

OK, how many have there been then? If you don't like the word "conquest", you can use military intervention instead of that makes you feel better.

No, let's go with "conquest," since that's what you said and I certainly wouldn't want you to have to backtrack and admit you're wrong.

I count...six. And that's with a generous definition of "conquest."

Saudi Arabia does not cut off heads? Iran doesn't torture people?

Sure...as a matter of due process. Is that your definition of "everybody?" The House of Saud and the Iranian government?

Who said all or none? I said that helping the refugees and bringing some of them back here was a better way to handle it than militarily. Of course the military would probably need to be involved in this.

You said it, you !@#$ing moron. Read your post again, then read my response to it again. Read it carefully. I was actually rather specific, but you clearly missed it the first time.

Yeah, you're REALLY redeeming yourself.

No, let's go with "conquest," since that's what you said and I certainly wouldn't want you to have to backtrack and admit you're wrong.

I count...six. And that's with a generous definition of "conquest."

"Conquest" may be a strong word for effect, you know, sort of like calling someone a !@#$ing moron, but my point is still valid. We have stuck our nose into other business in the name of terrorism or supporting this group or that time and time again for little or no effect except to cause blowback that gets us later. Sort of like what we got now since we were helping the Syrian rebels last year. Now we're fighting with Assad who gassed his own people.

Here's a link that lists all of our military deployments. How many of these since 1980 did we actually help whatever situation we were trying to?

Sure...as a matter of due process.

Please tell me what you know about the due process Saudi Arabia gives it's decapitatees prior to execution. 19 in August 2014 alone. Their due process people have been busy.

You said it, you !@#$ing moron. Read your post again, then read my response to it again. Read it carefully. I was actually rather specific, but you clearly missed it the first time.

OK, from this I'm guessing you think a full scale invasion followed by a very long occupation. Don't do it on the cheap, go all in.

Edited by reddogblitz

• 1 month later...

If you had 11/7 in the pool, you're the winner!

Looks to me that TYTT was only a week early w/ his guess, so he "wins."

As I re-read the posts looking for the winner, I chuckled at the boots or boobs comment, but I was reminded that the boots are in harms way and the boob is still at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Edited by Keukasmallies

If you had 11/7 in the pool, you're the winner!

Looks to me that TYTT was only a week early w/ his guess, so he "wins."

As I re-read the posts looking for the winner, I chuckled at the boots or boobs comment, but I was reminded that the boots are in harms way and the boob is still at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

kd in ct--on the nose.