"Boots on the Ground" Pool

Bys9dPTCQAA_kfK.jpg

Obama White House Keeps Trying to Throw the Intel Community Under the Bus over ISIS, Media Not Buying It

Obama Blames Intel Community for ‘Underestimating’ ISIS, Intel Community Begs to Differ

.WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING: Lines blur for US troops in fight against ISIS. “President Obama insists he will not have ‘boots on the ground’ in the fight against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), but the line between a combat and advisory role is blurry.”

Edited by B-Man

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "entertaining" thing in all this is watching him insist that "HE" did nothing wrong, but "THEY" screwed up and let him down. Even better, this time...

Well I think, our head of the intelligence community, Jim Clapper, has acknowledged that I think they underestimated what had been taking place in Syria.

Read that very carefully. Not "the intelligent community failed." But "I didn't fail, the intelligence community failed me." The intelligence community gave him bad advice, and are now admitting to him that he himself knows better than they do.

He's an egomaniacal narcissist that always takes the credit, and pins the blame on everyone else. The mark of a very, very, VERY ****ty leader.

He's an egomaniacal narcissist that always takes the credit, and pins the blame on everyone else. The mark of a very, very, VERY ****ty leader.

More evidence of my earlier assertions that Obama is the stereotypical 'worst employee' in the office. His failures are always someone else's fault. He didn't know, or wasn't told, or was misinformed, or didn't anticipate, etc. A million reasons why they're unable to do their job effectively, and none of those reasons assume personal fault.

Then again, his career was built on affirmative action and the opening of sealed divorce docs, so no thinking person should be surprised at what we're seeing.

Bush Says Some U.S. Forces Should Have Stayed in Iraq, Hasn't Heard From Obama

FTA:

As he has in the past, Bush refused to "second guess" President Obama's decisions, but noted that he was in favor of leaving behind a residual force of about 10,000-15,000 U.S. troops in Iraq.

"The president has to make the choices he thinks are important. I'm not going to second guess our president. I understand how tough the job is. To have a former president bloviating and second-guessing is, I don't think, good for the presidency or the country."

Kilmeade asked Bush for his message to veterans who may feel like their sacrifice was not worth it given the current state of Iraq.

"It really was. The world is better off without Saddam Hussein in power, without the Taliban in power," Bush said, describing ISIS as a "group of idealogues who murder the innocent" just like those who attacked on 9/11.

He added that Americans need to understand the "lesson on 9/11" is still just as important today as it was then.

"The human condition elsewhere matters to our national security," said Bush, adding that new democracies, like in Iraq, "take time to take hold."

Bush said recently that he used to speak with his predecessor, Bill Clinton, regularly while in office.

But he said he has not heard from President Obama except when the president called with the news that Usama bin Laden had been killed.

"He has not [called] on a regular basis, which is OK. It doesn't hurt my feelings. It's a decision he has made. Presidents tend to rely on the people they're close to ... and I understand that," said Bush.

More at the link http://foxnewsinside...#revealcomments

I am sure that Mr. Obama will follow Mr. Bush's classy example and not speak out about his successor.

he'll be too busy speaking about himself.

...and blaming Bush for forcing him to make calculations in his policies that the masses simply did not understand, because they were too stupid to follow where Obama was leading.

the line between a combat and advisory role is blurry.”

I have been following this no "boots on the ground" thing from the beginning. Every time I read that more "advisers" who apparently wear loafers are being sent, I have added them up. With this new 1600, that puts the total over 4,000.

I too have predicted that ISIL will go after our troops wherever they are and attack. Once that happens, look out for the drums of war in the USA to get much louder.

Doesn't anyone in charge realize that we're playing right into their hands?

Since I'm supposed to predict, I'll say before Christmas.

It's only a matter of time ...

Edited by reddogblitz

I have been following this no "boots on the ground" thing from the beginning. Every time I read that more "advisers" who apparently wear loafers are being sent, I have added them up. With this new 1600, that puts the total over 4,000.

I too have predicted that ISIL will go after our troops wherever they are and attack. Once that happens, look out for the drums of war in the USA to get much louder.

Doesn't anyone in charge realize that we're playing right into their hands?

Since I'm supposed to predict, I'll say before Christmas.

It's only a matter of time ...

So, what do you think we should actually be doing?

So you're cool with them murdering and raping tons of people? At some point you have to stand up against that ****.

Everybody does that over there. Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iran ... Saddam Hussein was doing that and we had to stop him. How did that turn out? ISIS took his place. We knock out ISIS and someone else will just take their place.

What you propose is noble, but it won't help anything. May just make it worse.

What do you propose? Keeping US Troops over there in perpetuity to try to keep a lid on the region? Even that would have limited results and get our troops killed.

Since 1980 we have had 32 military conquests in 24 countries. Is the world now a safer and more secure place? Military can't solve it all.

I'd rather see us just help the refugees. Help with the camps. Bring some of the refugees back over here. Since we broke it, might be a better way to try to fix than continue to funnel WMDs into the region.

Edited by reddogblitz

Everybody does that over there. Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iran ... Saddam Hussein was doing that and we had to stop him. How did that turn out? ISIS took his place. We knock out ISIS and someone else will just take their place.

What do you propose? Keeping US Troops over there in perpetuity to try to keep a lid on the region? Even that would have limited results and get our troops killed.

Since 1980 we have had 32 military conquests in 24 countries. Is the world now a safer and more secure place? Military can't solve it all.

I'd rather see us just help the refugees. Help with the camps. Bring some of the refugees back over here. Since we broke it, might be a better way to try to fix than continue to funnel WMDs into the region.

Please tell me what you know about the geopolitics of the region, it's global economic impact, the merits of leading in the global community, and what happens to vaacums in the absence of power.

"Conquests"?

Wow. Shots fired!

This country hasn't had the balls or the stomach to finish a war in a long time.