Week 3 predictions: Chargers @ Bills

YoloinOhio

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rivers came in to his own in 2013. I do not expect him to revert to the turnover machine he has been in the past but if any QB is going to throw an INT this week it is going to be the Chargers. We're due to get some picks. But, we are due to give one up. We have got 1 per week and that seems low for such a talented team. We have only given up 1. We pass very little.

San Diego: 73 passing attempts of 135 plays. 54% with 4 TD's and 1 sack and 1 INT surrendered

Buffalo: 48 passing attempts of 115 plays. 41.7% with 2 TD's and 1 sack and 1 INT surrendered

On defense:

San Diego is 30th in total snaps on defense - 105, but 18th on YPG. They give up 345.5 yds/game

Buffalo has faced 143 snaps on D which puts them 4th while being 21st. We give up. 385.5 yds/game

San Diego is giving up 6.6 yards per play, which is tied for the 2nd worst in the league with Cleveland and below Atlanta. Both of those other teams giving up 100 more yards per game than San Diego and facing just over 30 more defensive snaps - which amounts to 3 quarters of play.

The Bills are giving up 5 yards per play. Detroit is the lowest with 4.3. We are tied for 20th with Minney.

**Only Ryan Fitzpatrick has thrown less then Manuel for all QB's who did not lose any time in the first two weeks. He has 0 INT's and has thrown 33.8% of the total offense snaps for Houston. 41 attempts on 121 offensive plays. He also has 3 TD's.

I say this game is all on Rivers. Manuel has shown he can keep from losing games while our defense can support him. If Rivers plays to his 2013 level they should win. If we can shut him down and play with dominance than we win.

Brain: San Diego wins in a rough, unpleasant game with few mistakes and nothing awful.

Heart: Buffalo has willpower, home field advantage and they are having fun**

Reality: We try, but we try so hard. Just not sure it is enough. San Diego is a talented team.

** many sources says the locker room was at a level they have not seen in 20 years after the game. good spirits, playful, happy.

Edited by jboyst62

Rivers came in to his own in 2013. I do not expect him to revert to the turnover machine he has been in the past but if any QB is going to throw an INT this week it is going to be the Chargers. We're due to get some picks. But, we are due to give one up. We have got 1 per week and that seems low for such a talented team. We have only given up 1. We pass very little.

San Diego: 73 passing attempts of 135 plays. 54% with 4 TD's and 1 sack and 1 INT surrendered

Buffalo: 48 passing attempts of 115 plays. 41.7% with 2 TD's and 1 sack and 1 INT surrendered

On defense:

San Diego is 30th in total snaps on defense - 105, but 18th on YPG. They give up 345.5 yds/game

Buffalo has faced 143 snaps on D which puts them 4th while being 21st. We give up. 385.5 yds/game

San Diego is giving up 6.6 yards per play, which is tied for the 2nd worst in the league with Cleveland and below Atlanta. Both of those other teams giving up 100 more yards per game than San Diego and facing just over 30 more defensive snaps - which amounts to 3 quarters of play.

The Bills are giving up 5 yards per play. Detroit is the lowest with 4.3. We are tied for 20th with Minney.

**Only Ryan Fitzpatrick has thrown less then Manuel for all QB's who did not lose any time in the first two weeks. He has 0 INT's and has thrown 33.8% of the total offense snaps for Houston. 41 attempts on 121 offensive plays. He also has 3 TD's.

so.... What will happen?! Edited by YoloinOhio

Bills - 27

Chargers - 17

It should be a tough game but I see it playing out similarly to the Bears game. Rivers is better than Cutler but the Bears have much better offensive weapons. Our D seems legit and I'm looking for them to get at Rivers early and often.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

so.... What will happen?!

Brain: San Diego wins in a rough, unpleasant game with few mistakes and nothing awful.

Reality: We try, but we try so hard. Just not sure it is enough. San Diego is a talented team.

** many sources says the locker room was at a level they have not seen in 20 years after the game. good spirits, playful, happy.

Pretty much what I think too. This is a team that not only went to the playoffs but advanced in the playoffs over a very good Cincy team, on the road, in bad weather.

Power went out at the Ralph last time the Chargers came to town!!!

I remember that awful day, the polybutylene pipes burst in this townhome that owned that I was renting out (which ironically I am now renovating and moving into with me and my wife downsizing homes)!!!

I was occupied that day, had to leave the bar to take of that stuff!

Bills did win though!

Rain worries me a little bit. I think it was Dan Marino I heard say, that when weather gets bad, he likes to throw the ball because you think he can't or won't. Also defensive players are reactive, so the WR has all the power in tough turf conditions. Rivers is the type of guy that would love to try and shred a defense with his arm on a bad day.

EGULAR

• 1 SEP 7 1:00PMEDT ) AT BEARS W
  • 2 SEP 14 1:00PMEDT * DOLPHINS W
  • 3 SEP 21 1:00PMEDT * CHARGERS L
  • 4 SEP 28 1:00PMEDT * AT TEXANS W
  • 5 OCT 5 1:00PMEDT ) AT LIONS L
  • 6 OCT 12 1:00PMEDT * PATRIOTS W
  • 7 OCT 19 1:00PMEDT ) VIKINGS W
  • 8 OCT 26 1:00PMEDT * AT JETS L
  • 10 NOV 9 1:00PMEST * CHIEFS L
  • 11 NOV 13 8:25PMEST , AT DOLPHINS W
  • 12 NOV 23 1:00PMEST * JETS W
  • 13 NOV 30 1:00PMEST * BROWNS W
  • 14 DEC 7 4:05PMEST * AT BRONCOS L
  • 15 DEC 14 1:00PMEST ) PACKERS L
  • 16 DEC 21 4:25PMEST * AT RAIDERS W
  • 17 DEC 28 1:00PMEST * AT PATRIOTS L

Here is what i had in the previous i told you so post , so far i'm 100% but hopefully i'm wrong about next week!

Early season, but this game is huge. Two playoff contenders, a Bills win puts us two games plus a win over the Chargers in the event of a wild card bid. Keep the ball away from Rivers, Run, Run the ball. Bills win 26-24.

It will be ugly. Both teams coming off emotional wins. Weather forecast looks dreary. If Buffalo sticks with the run, as it has, the Bills will have the edge. It's a toss-up to me.

Nice catch. I didnt even think about the weather.

On yahoo app Sunday is the only day rain is expected. However, I think that is a good thing. To slow them down. Matthews is out.

40% chance of rain/thunderstorm. Really that is how I see our chances. 40% chance of a victory. We're balling. We truly are. Unlike anything we have seen in Buffalo in quite some time. But we're not #1 yet. I dont think SD humiliates us. But they beat us.

Rivers, I hate his girly throw.

Gates, I felt he lost a step after his game 1 performance. But then he proved me wrong game 2. Retire already old man. Maybe he got lucky game 2. I saw him kinda slow in his first game.

SD 24

Bills 16

Here we go! 31-17 Buffalo.

Rivers will be throwing all day and the chargers have running back issues. The bolts are the only team with bigger lineman than ours. Meaning:

1. Mario has a super day! Hughes will come from the other side and the middle collapses. Bills have BIG numbers with sacks.

2. Rivers will not have time to run around and has a very bad day with us. Gilmore becomes Happy with a couple picks:)

3. Woods will be the man of the day. They will take away Sammy so Williams has a couple high jump TD's and Woods has big numbers catching.

4. FREDDIE's day. CJ wont get many times as they stack the box against him so he draws small numbers but Freddie has a decent game with 90+ yds running and CJ gets about 40+

5. EJ has a very big day and reads the hot reads and hits Woods all day long. Woods has at least 9-10 catches and over 100 yards.

We take this game on and finally people start saying hey the Bills are legit. To all analyst, we all BILLIEVE and you should have circled the wagon sooner. But now that you will be on board welcome!