San Diego Super Chargers

YoloinOhio

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classic letdown spot for SD…..huge, emotional home win against the SB champs…..X country flight….away game….SD players may have overlooked this game a week ago.

Agree for sure, It's the best possible situation for us against Phillip, I do have to say that I loved the fact that he went after Sherman and shut him up (for the most part, until Sherman couldn't resist tweating).

No Matthews helps us too!

Edited by SJDK

San Diego had possession of the ball for more than 42 minutes! Their 1st drive took more than 8 minutes off of the clock. By the second half of the game, the vaunted Seahawk defense was gassed and the heat definitely took it's toll. The Chargers offense was a well oiled machine. They don't go for the home run. They will dink and dunk all game long in order to keep the opposing offense off of the field. This is what Rivers does.

Antonio Gates and Rivers have been playing together for 9 seasons. Gates had 3 TD catches and 97 yards for the day. No QB/TE combination in the history of the NFL have connected with more TDs. The defense needs to find a way to slow him down.

Our defense needs both the defensive line and the defensive backs to be at the top of their game. And we need fans in the stands to make a lot of noise to throw a monkey wrench into this precision game they like to play. These guys can ball, but they do have issues playing away from home. If our defensive line can quickly eliminate Aaron Roger's passing pocket, this game will go much more smoothly for us.

I'd like to see how our defense matches up. Offensively for us, I think we can move the ball. The only problem is that we have to actually get on the field to do that.

If our defensive line can quickly eliminate Aaron Roger's passing pocket, this game will go much more smoothly for us.

Maybe, but if our defensive line is busy playing in a different game won't it leave us vulnerable to runs up the middle?

Maybe, but if our defensive line is busy playing in a different game won't it leave us vulnerable to runs up the middle?

They lost their star running back last week. Also, they really like the quick strike passing game. They do a lot of short yardage pass plays. You can attack passing lanes, disrupt receivers at the line, collapse the pocket. This is going to be a tough test for the D.

You are still right though. This defense is very capable of stopping the run and the pass when they know whats coming. They do have a tendency to get fooled for big yardage gains when caught off guard. What would be nice, is take away the Chargers passing game and force them to run.

San Diego had possession of the ball for more than 42 minutes! Their 1st drive took more than 8 minutes off of the clock. By the second half of the game, the vaunted Seahawk defense was gassed and the heat definitely took it's toll. The Chargers offense was a well oiled machine. They don't go for the home run. They will dink and dunk all game long in order to keep the opposing offense off of the field. This is what Rivers does.

Antonio Gates and Rivers have been playing together for 9 seasons. Gates had 3 TD catches and 97 yards for the day. No QB/TE combination in the history of the NFL have connected with more TDs. The defense needs to find a way to slow him down.

Our defense needs both the defensive line and the defensive backs to be at the top of their game. And we need fans in the stands to make a lot of noise to throw a monkey wrench into this precision game they like to play. These guys can ball, but they do have issues playing away from home. If our defensive line can quickly eliminate Aaron Roger's passing pocket, this game will go much more smoothly for us.

I'd like to see how our defense matches up. Offensively for us, I think we can move the ball. The only problem is that we have to actually get on the field to do that.

They lost their star running back last week. Also, they really like the quick strike passing game. They do a lot of short yardage pass plays. You can attack passing lanes, disrupt receivers at the line, collapse the pocket. This is going to be a tough test for the D.

You are still right though. This defense is very capable of stopping the run and the pass when they know whats coming. They do have a tendency to get fooled for big yardage gains when caught off guard. What would be nice, is take away the Chargers passing game and force them to run.

The joke went over your head ;)

Edited by Dorkington

esp. on a charter jet. It's not like they are crammed in the middle seat of a commercial commuter jet.

It's not so much about the comfort of the flight, or even the duration. It's about the routine. Professional athletes are all about their routines. Any variance in that routine (especially playing a game 3 hours earlier than you're used to starting) can have a negative impact on performance.

It's not so much about the comfort of the flight, or even the duration. It's about the routine. Professional athletes are all about their routines. Any variance in that routine (especially playing a game 3 hours earlier than you're used to starting) can have a negative impact on performance.

They fly in on Friday, so have a day to adjust. I think they practice in the morning and fly out in the afternoon.

I had this one as a loss, but now I see it as a winnable game. If the crowd is even 80% of what they were yesterday, that can help carry the team to a win. Rivers and Gates are going to be tough duo to stop.

Totally agree. Especially Gates..

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-overlooked-career-of-antonio-gates-the-second-best-tight-end-ever/